Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democratic Debate Discussion

During the discussion on illegal immigration in the debate last night, Hillary did say that the illegals already in this country would have to go to the back of the line, right? Then what? Where do they go in the meantime? She meant after passage of a comprehensive immigration reform bill, right? In which case the caps on the number of paths to citizenship and guest workers would have been raised to include them anyway, therefore what difference would it make? Also, it seemed as if that statement could have been negatively interpreted by pro-amnesty Hispanic supporters, therefore did Obama clinch the majority Hispanic support last night?

It annoyed me that the moderator asked Obama how legalizing so many low-skill, low-wage illegals would affect blacks, because one of the questions I submitted over and over again asked how it would affect low-skill, low-wage AMERICAN CITIZENS, which I intended to include ALL ethnicities! Anyway, when Obama responded that he did not believe it affected African Americans, did he not alienate African Americans to some extent? If so, could that possibly be used as a strategy to further alienate Obama from African Americans?

There has been a lot of talk of local radio shows commenting on the Obama's comments. He clearly has no regard for Black people. He is trying to gather the fastest (supposedly) growing ethnic group,Latinos. Its the game. They know they have to win the hearts of the hispanics in order to survive. Here in the Los Angeles area,Black people have been forced out, literally. Areas that were 100% Black have been taken over by Mexico. They've lost jobs and some areas are like a war zone between latinos and blacks. Very sad.

Banned
    Bill O 'Reilly just nailed this issue

It can cost Obama big time

I would also like to add, given that the MAJORITY of American citizens DO NOT FAVOR passage of massive numbers of guest worker passes/paths to citizenship, as was proven by the massive amount of opposition to the immigration reform bills, I believe this is THE WEDGE ISSUE of this election to be used not only in Democrat vs. Republican but Republican vs. Republican. Therefore, why are the anti-amnesty candidates not focusing on this issue, especially against McSmug, as was so aptly coined by one of you? This issue could also be used to solicit African American votes from the Democrats. Are the campaign managers brain-dead???

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    There has been a lot of talk of local radio shows commenting on the Obama's comments. He clearly has no regard for Black people. He is trying to gather the fastest (supposedly) growing ethnic group,Latinos. Its the game. They know they have to win the hearts of the hispanics in order to survive. Here in the Los Angeles area,Black people have been forced out, literally. Areas that were 100% Black have been taken over by Mexico. They've lost jobs and some areas are like a war zone between latinos and blacks. Very sad.
    Sadly, good point! Imagine that happening all over the country! But...I don't think the Latino vote outnumbers the black vote, not yet anyway, therefore he may be treading in dangerous territory, besides the fact that he is likely to lose white votes over this issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Bill O 'Reilly just nailed this issue

It can cost Obama big time
    Just now on tonight's O'Reilly Factor? Sorry I missed it!