Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrats: North Carolina: We're Winning

This was sent to me via email. Just so you now what is going on.

DSCC Rant
    info@dscc.org

It appears that people are getting tired of the Republicans thanks to Bush & Co.

North Carolina: We're Winning

Think we can't win red states like North Carolina? Look at the latest poll.

North Carolina Senate Poll
    Kay Hagan (D) 48%
    Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R) 47%

That's right. After last week's huge primary win, Democratic State Senator Kay Hagan has surged ahead of endangered Republican incumbent Elizabeth Dole in the latest survey.

We weren't kidding last week when we called this the sleeper race of 2008. North Carolina voters are ready to reject Dole's brand of George Bush Republicanism.

Dole is against increasing the minimum wage. North Carolina voters are for it. Dole is against expanding health care for kids. North Carolina voters are for it. Dole is even against the kind of serious ethics reform that would limit the influence of her special interest friends.

Dole is against getting defeated in November. Once again, North Carolina voters are all for it.

Texas: We're (Almost) Winning

Think we can't win red states like Texas? Look at the latest poll. (Noticing a theme?)

Texas Senate Poll
    Sen. John Cornyn (R) 47%
    Rick Noriega (D) 43%

Four points. That's the margin in this and another poll released last week. In both polls, Republican Senator John Cornyn is below the key 50% threshold that signals a highly vulnerable incumbent.

The bottom line is that we can win in Texas. Cornyn has the same sordid record of pushing the policies of George Bush and Dick Cheney that plagues every Republican incumbent. Specifically, he's been a key ally in the right-wing effort to pack the federal courts with Antonin Scalia wannabes.

Remember, Texas had to put up with Bush as a governor for six years. They've suffered quite enough, don't you think? Now, they're ready to celebrate George Bush's retirement by putting one of his top lieutenants in the Senate out there with him.

Mississippi: We Already Won

Think we can't win red states like Mississippi? Look at the results of Tuesday's special congressional election. (We told you there was a theme here!)

Mississippi Special Election
    Travis Childers (D) 54%
    Greg Davis (R) 46%

Republicans have held this seat for 14 years and George Bush won here with at least 59% of the vote in both 2000 and 2004. Childers' victory means that Democrats now hold 3 of the 4 Mississippi congressional seats.

This week's huge victory also bodes well for Democratic Senate candidate Ronnie Musgrove. The popular former governor is running to take over Trent Lott's old seat this fall.

Don't you think Trent Lott will be hopping mad when Democrats win again in Mississippi on Election Day? Won't it be great?

The bottom line is that to win big this fall, we need to win in deep red states like North Carolina, Texas, and Mississippi. We can't do that without your help.

Click here to make an immediate, secure contribution of $50, $75, or more. We need your help to deflect every attack and build an overwhelming Senate majority.

Colorado: How much are you paying for gas?

How much are you paying for a gallon of gas? $3.75? $4.00? Even more?

Then do you really think it makes sense to put an oil industry shill like Bob Schaffer into the United States Senate? Neither do we.

After all, when he served in Congress, Schaffer voted to authorize billions in extra tax breaks for the oil and gas industry. After leaving the House, Schaffer immediately went to work as an oil executive, earning more than $1 million for his trouble trying to maximize oil profits.

Remember what happened the last time we put an oil executive in a position of power? George Bush basically ruined our international reputation and our economy. Let's not make that mistake again.

If we really want to lower gas prices, then we need to elect Democrat Mark Udall in Colorado in November. It's as simple as that.

Colorado (again): Blooper of the Week

Things go from bad to worse with Bob Schaffer. Earlier this week he made a bold claim in a new TV commercial. "Colorado is my life," he said.

Problem is, he said it in front of a rugged mountain backdrop showing Mt. McKinley - in Alaska! Schaffer was forced to pull the ad, but not before he betrayed just how little he really cares about Colorado.

We wanted to show Colorado voters the true scope of Schaffer's real passion: showering attention on the special interests. So we rushed to create a brand new web ad detailing all the times he's put someone else ahead of Colorado voters. It goes way beyond a simple video-editing gaffe.

Click here to see our new web ad.

Remember, this is the guy who went parasailing on the dime of a Jack Abramoff front group and who likes to brag that he's done more for Ukraine than for working families in his own district.

That's OK, though. Schaffer will have plenty of time to go parasailing in about six months - right after Election Day.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Of Course they are Dole has supported too much Legislation like CAFTA to help destroy the State, of course a Democrat will support Legislation to keep the illegals and thus destroy the state. It’s a no win situation.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Now imo Dole is a pretty good person . She will fight the good fight on illegal immigration . problem is , from what i've been reading . the gop just doesn't have any monies to spent . wonder why ? Neo-Cons ?
    But !! now this is important . this morning i read the gop is flooding the NM race with cash from Corp's . Now does this mean Ms.Dole is unworthy cause of her position with illegals ? or that the gop is putting all their eggs in one basket praying to win a state ? i really don't understand their thinking . But i do know if they forsake Ms.Dole the Grand old party has no soul any more .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I very much agree with jp_48504 - but I see the biggest problem with the voting in Sept. Why should an Independant like myself HAVE TO VOTE EITHER DEM OR REPUB ? Why can't I pick people from any party to vote for?
    The voting system in this country stinks - I don't really see how you can even call it a democracy anymore.

Both parties want the same outcome.No boarders and pure Gov control over all people.

Quote Originally Posted by lateone
    I very much agree with jp_48504 - but I see the biggest problem with the voting in Sept. Why should an Independant like myself HAVE TO VOTE EITHER DEM OR REPUB ? Why can't I pick people from any party to vote for?
    The voting system in this country stinks - I don't really see how you can even call it a democracy anymore.
    We never were a democracy, we are a constitutional republic. Democracy stinks and is a destroyer of a constitutional republic.

We have to continue to fight for improving the election rules. If that means independent voters take over the parties to restore them to their roots.

Bush has successfully destroyed the Republican Party.
    On one of the Sunday morning talk shows today they said that Bush does more damage to John McCain than Rev. Wright does to Obama (not that I'm a McCain fan).

We need Ron Paul to save the Republican Party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.revolutionmarch.com

Dole may be a free trade advocate, though nothing to the extent of McLame...however she is a stauch and rock-solid opponent of illegal immigration and amnesty. She has crusaded agressively for the last year trying to get the state of NC to implement 287(g) statewide. Voting against her would be a serious mistake, IMHO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    JP wrote:

Of Course they are Dole has supported too much Legislation like CAFTA to help destroy the State, of course a Democrat will support Legislation to keep the illegals and thus destroy the state. It’s a no win situation.
    You're are dead wrong (IMHO)! Dole has been an extremely big asset in fighting illegal immigration in the state of NC and the country. Voting between Hagan and Dole is definitely not a lose-lose proposition. The only way we lose is if Dole loses.

Doles NumbersUSA Immigration-Reduction Report Card is: A Career & A Recent.

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... VIPID=1078

Sen. Dole may not be perfect on the issue but she is certainly heads and shoulders above Dem. Kay Hagan.

Elizabeth Dole on Immigration
    Click here for 9 full quotes on Immigration OR background on Immigration.

Supports CA Prop 187 barring illegal aliens from schools. (Oct 1999)
    Voted NO on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007)
    Voted YES on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)
    Voted NO on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007)
    Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
    Voted NO on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006)
    Voted NO on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
    Voted NO on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006)
    Rated 100% by USBC, indicating a sealed-border stance. (Dec 2006)
    http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/elizabeth_dole.htm

Dole on securing the border:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFifKsxmPxI

More on Dole:

Excerpt:

Illegals, legals deported under bill
    Strict immigration needed, Dole says

Barbara Barrett, Washington Correspondent

WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Dole will join a handful of moderate and conservative Republicans in introducing a host of anti-immigration bills today in the U.S. Senate.
    Dole, a Salisbury Republican, has been increasingly vocal about enforcement measures in the past year, and she played a key role in blocking last year's attempted comprehensive immigration reform in Congress.
    Excerpt:

Illegal Immigration
    March 06, 2008

Dole calls for strengthening immigration law, repealing costly non-English services requirement

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Dole today spoke on the Senate floor about her recently introduced immigration bills – one eliminating the costly requirement of providing government services in languages other than English and one aimed at strengthening immigration law with regard to drunk driving convictions.
    http://katysconservativecorner.typepad. ... index.html

Excerpt:

Dole, Foxx stress immigration at local event

Published: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:55 PM CDT
    Tom Joyce

Staff Reporter

The top issue on the minds of North Carolina voters is not jobs, but illegal immigration, Sen. Elizabeth Dole, R-N.C., said during a campaign swing through Surry County Wednesday.

Immigration reform came to the forefront last year in Washington during an emotional debate that culminated with the defeat of a controversial U.S. Senate measure that Dole played a key role in derailing.
    http://www.mtairynews.com/articles/2008 ... ocal04.txt

Excerpt:

In an interview with the Raleigh News and Observer, Dole said, "My view overall on all this is: What people want, and what we've heard from thousands of people, is they don't have any confidence right now with regard to securing the borders."

Dole continued stating, "The rush shouldn't be to legalize 12 million people; the rush should be to do everything in our power to show the borders have been secured," she said. "Rush to do that. Rush to secure communities."

The Senator was right on target.

Dole first tried to make improvements to the bill, but after essentially being road blocked Mrs. Dole changed tactics: Basically the bill comes down, she said.

Dole was pressured by the GOP leadership and the backers of the immigration reform measure not to make a move, but she changed her vote anyway. This was act of political courage that North Carolinians have not witnessed since former Senator Helms stood firm against the Panama Canal Treaty.
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Marc ... ule_of_law

Dole amendment expands 287(g) program
    Submitted by bkrueger on March 14, 2008 - 10:06am.

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Dole is crowing this morning about the Senate's approval last night of an amendment she offered to provide more money to help local law enforcement agencies "apprehend, identify and remove criminal illegal aliens."

Dole, a Salisbury Republican, is referring to the so-called 287(g) program. Under the program, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) works with local law enforcement to combat illegal immigration.

A handful of North Carolina counties, including Mecklenburg and Alamance, have such agreements with ICE.

The amendment approved last night would provide an additional $75 million for the program.

"To address the problems presented by individuals who are not only here illegally but who have self-identified themselves because of criminal behavior - we must provide the funding for ICE to make the necessary resources available to our local law enforcement officers who are on the front lines," Dole said.
    http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_ ... _g_program

The web is full of articles similar to the ones I've posted above. Dole is not only the right choice, she is the only choice for those of us who stand strong against illegal immigration and for ehanced border security.

I was shocked at your position in opposing the SAVE Act and the E-Verify program. Therefore, I guess your opposition to Sen. Dole's reelection shouldn't surprise me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have a plan to lower gas prices....
    That was Nancy Pelosi in 2006.....

Anybody notice the democrats defeated an amendment to increase domestic oil production. Now Bush goes to Saudi Arabia and asks THEM to increase production. That should be embarrassing. If we won't increase production, WHY should they and does anybody think these fools are serious about decreasing dependence on foreign oil. That has to be one of the biggest lies of the moment.

If we really want to lower gas prices, then we need to elect Democrat Mark Udall in Colorado in November. It's as simple as that.
    Ha...ha...ha...ha Simple pandering to the ignorant. You have to be pretty gullible to believe such an incredible statement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast