Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Documentary on Illegal Immigration

So when you read the title of this thread I think most folks initial assumption would be that such a beast would be some sort of a propaganda slime piece for open borders. But in reality there is a project underway that looks to speak in opposition to illegal immigration.

Some folk I know well, with industry experience, have come together to produce a documentary on illegal immigration. One consideration in this process was focused on what the actual subject of the documentary would be. The issue of illegal immigration is massive and broad. I convinced Mike Carter who is heading the pre-production research and development for the documentary to tap what I consider to be the best resource on the subject...The Anti- illegal Immigration activists themsleves...

We have all seen documentaries that miss the point, have poor production value, or have themes that wander off into space. And that's just documentaries we like. For the rest of the documentaries, they are funded by a well tended ideological army of propaganda on the far left, who have strangleholds on distribution and most important production capabilities. What is occuring with this project is that a few Seattle area filmmakers and production people have decided to come together to create a documentary on illegal immigration. One that hits and hard and has top level production value. A couple of the individuals are colleagues of mine, so I can speak to their candor and dedication. A couple of other individuals have production pedigrees that top the industry and we are lucky enough to have them here in Seattle. They fled LA, never wanting to return. And are lending their talents, be it direct or in consultation form to this project. For the purpose of creating this documentary the filmmaking group Puget Sound Pictures was formed and will be handling all aspects of production. It will be an indy film for sure, but it will be memorable and powerful. The budget...Whats that? Is non-existent and the filmmakers are footing the bill themsleves. This is a passion project.

Information from anti-illegal immigration activists is what is needed. Folk who are engaged in the anti-illegal immigration movement tend to be on top of their game...Also, it is a good idea to hit up the people who will view the documentary as to what they would like to see in it and why-thats is just common sense-but also because many films always seem to miss the mark.

Puget Sound Pictures has put up a website and created a survey which they hope interested activists will take to give them a launching point for research and data for the flick. If you are interested in helping this project please take the survey. It is a series of questions to help focus the documentary and its subject matter. Noone knows this material better than you folk...

The questions are thoughtful and your results get sent anonymously to the project.

Here is the link to the survey:
    http://pugetsoundpictures.com

Contact for pre-production is Mike (don't hold his Microsoft background against him) Carter at:

info@pugetsoundpictures.com

Thanks for your time and help. This will bring the needed focus for the project...Pass on the url to activists you think may also take the survey!

Chosen: Thanks for the post. I'll try to stay updated on this project as well.

I'm sure others will chime in here with feedback, suggestions, and probably many questions as well.

Good stuff, for sure. Good stuff
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds good. Thanks.

Just completed the survey.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Great survey. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for taking the survey.

Here is the privacy policy for the survey, now on the front page of the site:
    Privacy Policy...
    We wanted to mention that your participation in the survey is 100% anonymous. We do not collect personal or identifying information on any participant, nor would we make available the results of this survey to anyone, or any agency. Don't worry, it is just a series of questions on subject matter (a bit long, but exact) but the desire to maintain privacy is paramount not only for activists, but also the filmmakers as well. The information we obtain from your questions and their answers gets reviewed in a fashion similar to a focus group. The information from this survey does not get sent to a third party or collect any information about the user. It just records the input and sends the raw data to us. Just wanted to let you know that we guarantee your privacy and thank you for your help!

I took the survey too, please keep us updated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, you've got my survey as well.

HTH

Again, thanks for filling out this survey. I know it is long, but the point is to narrow the focus and really listen to anti- illegal immigration activists. The word is that there are 43 filled out thus far.

Would anyone have any site recommendations where info about this survey could be posted?

Thank you for posting this. I just filled it out the survey.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast