Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is Donald Trump a Democratic Plant?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Donald Trump a Democratic Plant?

Is Donald Trump a Democratic Plant?

U.S. tycoon Donald Trump attends the inauguration ceremony of the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama City, July 6, 2011. (Associated Press) ** FILE ** more >

By Joseph Curl - The Washington Times - Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Is Donald Trump a Democratic plant?

Some top Republicans are starting to think so.

“Look, I don’t know what his intent is, but he’s infuriating Hispanics, the very group of voters the GOP is looking to make gains with in 2016,” said one party official who asked not to be named. “You could just be an egomaniac running his mouth, but he’s starting to look like a guy hand-delivered by the Democrats.”

Since the 1980s, Trump has contributed $490,000 to Republicans, according to OpenSecrets.org. But he’s donated at least $330,000 to Democrats — including Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid and Anthony Wiener, the husband of Hillary’s top aide, Huma Abedin.

The tycoon last showed up in 2012 to talk about President Obama’s birth certificate, garnering plenty of coverage by the mainstream media news outlets (In one May 2012 interview on CNN, Wolf Blitzer said to him: “Donald, you’re beginning to sound a little ridiculous, I have to tell you.”).

Republicans had long moved past the questions that swirled around Obama’s birth. But the issue was brought back to the fore by Trump — and Mitt Romney was then asked repeatedly about the “Republican” stance that the party didn’t believe Obama was born in America.

Now, Trump has declared his candidacy for the presidency (although in his announcement speech, in which he said “I” 195 times, he didn’t once declare he was running for the Republican nomination).
    Trump has once again drawn MSM coverage for his comments on illegal immigration from Mexico, and on Monday he double down, declaring that “infectious disease is pouring across the border.” He also ranted about the random murder of a woman in San Francisco by an illegal alien who had been deported five times.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he retweeted an comment about Jeb Bush’s wife, Columba, A mexican who came to America legally: “@RobHeilbron: @realDonaldTrump #JebBush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife.”

At his launch event, Trump said Mexico is “sending people that have lots of problems … They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime.

They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

While some hardcore conservatives are singing Trump’s praises, calling him brave for telling the truth, Republican leaders are starting to worry. Another Republican official on one of the GOP candidates’ campaign said Trump can single-hendedly hurt the party.

“The media is always quick to point out that Trump is a Republican — or says he is — so people who hear him talking think the GOP hates Mexico, and therefor Hispanics. I wouldn’t say it’s deadly, but it’s certainly not good, is it?”

Still, there is a view that Trump is speaking to the masses who object to illegal immigration, and his remarks will force candidates to take tough positions on the border. “The first point to make is that Trump is resonating with a lot of people,” Mark Krikorian, executive director for the Center for Immigration Studies, told The Hill.

“It’s not just Republicans, but a lot of ordinary Americans,” he said.

“It’s precisely because regular politicians aren’t addressing the issues they are concerned about.”

And while Trump may be hurting the GOP, he is helping himself. He came in second place in two recent national polls of the 2016 Republican field, and is rising fast of New Hampshire.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3fEkGgOdK

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, who is doing the mud slinging, who is hollering uncle? Who is trying to disown one of their own candidates, although polling quite well? Is that good politics? I cannot remember seeing this in my life before.

NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Well, who is doing the mud slinging, who is hollering uncle? Who is trying to disown one of their own candidates, although polling quite well? Is that good politics? I cannot remember seeing this in my life before.
    The Eleventh Commandment (Ronald Reagan)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Eleventh Commandment was a phrase used by later President of the United States Ronald Reagan during his 1966 campaign for Governor of California. The Commandment reads:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

[1][2]History[edit]

While popularized by Reagan, "The Eleventh Commandment" was created by then California Republican Party Chairman Gaylord Parkinson. In his 1990 autobiography An American Life, Reagan attributed the rule to Parkinson, explained its origin, and claimed to have followed it:[3]

The personal attacks against me during the primary finally became so heavy that the state Republican chairman, Gaylord Parkinson, postulated what he called the Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. It's a rule I followed during that campaign and have ever since.

The goal was to prevent a repetition of the liberal Republican assault on Barry Goldwater, attacks which contributed to Goldwater's defeat in the 1964 presidential election.[1]

East Coast Republicans like Nelson Rockefeller labeled Goldwater an "extremist" for his conservative positions and declared him unfit to hold office.[1] Fellow Republican candidate for Governor George Christopher and California's liberal Republicans were leveling similar attacks on Reagan.

Hoping to prevent a split in the Republican Party, Parkinson used the phrase as common ground. Party liberals eventually followed Parkinson's advice.[1]

Christopher would lose to Reagan in the Republican primary, and Reagan would go on to defeat incumbent Governor Pat Brown, the father of current (and former) governor and former California Attorney General Jerry Brown.

Reagan followed this "commandment" during the first five primaries during the 1976 Republican primary against incumbent Gerald Ford, all of which he lost. He abandoned this approach in the North Carolina Primary and beat Ford 52–46, regaining momentum and winning a majority of delegates chosen after that date. Former Texas governor John Connally speculated that Reagan's attacks weakened Ford in his contest with his general election opponent and eventual successor, Jimmy Carter.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eleventh_Commandment

NO AMNESTY

Carly Fiorina Condemns Donald Trump for Comments on Mexicans

2:08 PM ET

"He doesn't represent me"

Carly Fiorina on Tuesday denounced Donald Trump’s recent comments on Mexican immigrants, saying her fellow Republican presidential candidate “doesn’t represent my party.”

“Donald Trump has said many outrageous things in his career, and I suspect he’s going to continue to say outrageous things,” Fiorina said after touring a factor here. “He doesn’t represent me, and he doesn’t represent my party.”

Macy’s, NBC and other businesses have cut business ties with Trump, the reality television star and real estate mogul, after said during his campaign launch that the immigrants coming into the U.S. from Mexico are “rapists.”

Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard chief executive, is seeking a place on the Republican debate stage this summer, a key step in gaining recognition in the race for the presidential nomination. She’ll need to do well enough in national polls to debate her competitors on stage, a feat that could be complicated by Trump’s entry into the race.

Trump has rocketed into second place in the race, according to a CNN poll released last week.

“I do think the media is sort of obsessed with him in a way that’s bizarre to me,” Fiorina said. “There’s a lot going on in the world and everybody keeps asking about Donald Trump.”

Fiorina is in the first-in-the-nation primary state of New Hampshire this week, meeting voters and touring local businesses.

http://time.com/3948333/donald-trump-carly-fiorina/
    NO AMNESTY

I don't see Trump as a Dem Plant at all. He seems far more mainstream to me. Most Americans that are educated are not 100% Rep or Dem but someplace in the middle leaning a bit one way or the other. Some issues they are strongly Rep on and other issues strongly Dem on. However in the current situation its the Rep agenda that is far more towards fixing the immediate crisis in our country. Also I see Trump having no chance to run for the DNC Primary which is very much locked down to the DNCs exclusive picks.

June 24, 2015, 10:13 pm

Trump surges to second in 2016 GOP poll

By Elliot Smilowitz

5.3K270

Donald Trump has surged to second place in the 2016 Republican White House field, according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.

Trump garnered 11 percent support — nearly triple his total from Fox’s previous poll, when he came in at 4 percent.

The poll shows former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush maintaining his position in first place with 15 percent support, up from 12 percent three weeks ago.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson got 10 percent, with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker at 9 percent each.

The result is disappointing for Walker’s supporters; he had been tied for first place with 12 percent in Fox’s last poll.

Rounding out the top 10 were Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) with 8 percent, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 6 percent, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at 4 percent, and former CEO Carly Fiorina tied with former Sen. Rick Santorum (Pa.) at 3 percent.

Debates held by Fox News and CNN later in the summer will separate the top 10 contenders in polling from the rest of the field, making it especially important for candidates to reach that threshold.

Among contenders falling outside the top 10 in Fox’s poll: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry at 2 percent. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and former New York Gov. George Pataki got 1 percent.

The poll is based on phone interviews with 1,005 registered voters between June 21-23, and has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 5 percentage points.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-2016-gop-poll

NO AMNESTY

MW
    No, I don't think Trump is a plant. However, I do see him as someone that is conniving, calculating, scheming, shrewd, and greedy. That is why I feel he gives his donations to those he thinks can help him grow his bank account, regardless of party. I don't think anyone can deny that greed is a huge motivator for many people. Greed will frequently cause a good man to throw his principles to the wind. Not saying this necessarily applies to Trump, but it may.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Trump garnered 11 percent support — nearly triple his total from Fox’s previous poll, when he came in at 4 percent.

The poll shows former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush maintaining his position in first place with 15 percent support, up from 12 percent three weeks ago.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson got 10 percent, with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker at 9 percent each.

The result is disappointing for Walker’s supporters; he had been tied for first place with 12 percent in Fox’s last poll.

Rounding out the top 10 were Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) with 8 percent, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 6 percent, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at 4 percent, and former CEO Carly Fiorina tied with former Sen. Rick Santorum (Pa.) at 3 percent.
    Walker and Santorum need to start doing more to get headlines. The more they talk to us, the better chance they have of rising their stock with conservative voters! Of course the opposite could happen too ......... they could open their mouth and say the wrong thing. Personally, I would rather know as much as possible about them sooner vice later.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast