Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Donald Trump and How to Loose an Election

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    Wow, just proved you really never attended a single history class or picked up a single history book. How many Native Americans were killed do you think? Considering how sparsely populated the US was then and the size of the battles at that time one could surmise no more then a couple hundred thousand at best. Now also remember many of those *Native Americans* wages regular war on each other while only some of the tribes were peaceful. Also do you really think those Native Americans were actually the first on the land that later became the US? Through studying ancient history its pretty easy to see a very common cycle where one civilization comes and stomps out another be it through war, culture, or disease and as such its unlikely anyone could call them the Original Americans.
    You obviously failed to read my follow up response to Judy. There were tens of thousands killed after the Civil War by the federal government. The others I spoke of were killed during our settling of the country. How do you know how many Indians were here when our ancestors first arrived? Was there a census done? Millions died as a direct result of our ancestors actions.
    I never said the Native Americans were the first here (those are your words). I refer to them as Native Americans because that's how history defines them. Furthermore, no one could be considered an "Original Americans" before America was established.
    Last edited by MW; 06-26-2015 at 11:05 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It has everything to do with your post, but yes, your post had nothing at all to do with the topic we're discussing. I found it interesting nonetheless and decided to respond to it. I hope you don't mind. After all, that is how it's supposed to work, someone posts something, and then someone reads it and some respond.
    My post was mainly in regards to the Indians killed by federal troops, while flying the American flag, after the Civil War. I was using that as an example to explain that there are a lot of Native Americans that probably don't appreciate the American flag and are probably offended by it. Of course that doesn't mean we should take it down and decide it has no place in our history!

I have absolutely no problem with you responding to any post I make. I was just attempting to tell you that the Indian Removal Act of 1830 was not relevant to my post (IMO). Obviously you thought otherwise, which is your right.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    My post was mainly in regards to the Indians killed by federal troops, while flying the American flag, after the Civil War. I was using that as an example to explain that there are a lot of Native Americans that probably don't appreciate the American flag and are probably offended by it. Of course that doesn't mean we should take it down and decide it has no place in our history!

I have absolutely no problem with you responding to any post I make. I was just attempting to tell you that the Indian Removal Act of 1830 was not relevant to my post (IMO). Obviously you thought otherwise, which is your right.
    Oh I don't think Native Americans hold or harbor any resentment against our national flag. Our flag has been changed over the years, as things change in our country. Native Americans are no different than any other American, so I don't believe they view our flag any differently than any of US. The Confederate flag is a different story because it's not our national flag, it's not a state flag, it has no place in our nation or any state of our nation as if it were. Like I suggested to another poster, anyone who loves the Confederate flag for whatever reason they have is free to fly it on their private property, on your porches, on your vehicles, on your t-shirts, your gated communities, country clubs, cemeteries or wherever you want on private property, just not on public property because to fly it there is just inappropriate with no public cause or purpose to be there.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Navajo tribe's language was used as military code and never broken in WWII. American Indians served faithfully and admirably.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    How is this really relevant to the topic really. Just because Trump agreed it was time to take down that flag which doesn't mean he wants to erase that entire piece of history. What other politician should we support then? Rubio? Bush? Clinton? Trump has the best chance imo and at times he may take the middle road on some topics that aren't really serious issue (after all you can't call the conferate flag a serious issue in light of immigration, illegal aliens, trade wars, and the welfare state). Trump would end up picking up a LOT of independents I think if he can take the primary and I'm thinking come a point closer it may even be pushed to get independents to vote in primaries where its allowed for them and even in places its not... just a hunch.
    You are right. I went off into the weeds with the Confederate (flag of honor) battle flag thing. But my original point was simply that Trump was being very foolish with how he handled the flag thing. How many Southern voters will be alienated by his affirmative answer? He should have simply evaded the issue like Huckabee did and say it is up to the States to resolve for themselves. Everybody, pro and con would have been satisfied with that answer.

While many people may believe the flag should be taken down, the vast majority of them do not think it is important. Among the small group that is passionate about taking down the flag (the hard left) it is certain very few would vote for any Republican. Even for a majority of Blacks (13% if the population, 95% Democrat) I doubt that it is a high priority. But with many Southerners it is a matter of pride in heritage; it is personal and therefore resonates powerfully with them. Mr. Trump has just made it much more difficult to solicit their votes.

Remember these people are a big part of the “Reagan Blue Collar Democrats.” Their support for Republicans is very tenuous. With a populist, make jobs message a Republican could attract many Democrats who oppose illegal immigration and easily win the election; that would refute the faux theory that pandering to Hispanics is the road to victory.

Trump had a really cool populist message and then he goes and puts his foot in his mouth with the flag thing. Just consider how I reacted to it. You could multiply that very many times. I want to like Donald Trump but he is making it difficult for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Navajo tribe's language was used as military code and never broken in WWII. American Indians served faithfully and admirably.
    Yes they did.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump Donated Heavily To Democrats, Especially During Election Which Put Reid And Pelosi In Power

http://www.alipac.us/f9/donald-trump...t-reid-320010/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Donald Trump Donated Heavily To Democrats, Especially During Election Which Put Reid And Pelosi In Power

http://www.alipac.us/f9/donald-trump...t-reid-320010/
    I'm sure he'll make up for it by doing everything possible to repeal Obama Care since it didn't turn out like it was supposed to because no one read the bill.

Donald Trump on Health Care
    • We must have universal health care.
    • (Jul 2000)

We must have universal health care

I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare.

Our objective [should be] to make reforms for the moment and, longer term, to find an equivalent of the single-payer plan that is affordable, well-administered, and provides freedom of choice. Possible? The good news is, yes. There is already a system in place-the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program-that can act as a guide for all healthcare reform. It operates through a centralized agency that offers considerable range of choice. While this is a government program, it is also very much market-based. It allows 620 private insurance companies to compete for this market. Once a year participants can choose from plans which vary in benefits and costs.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.206-208 & 218 , Jul 2, 2000

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 06-26-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Donald Trump on Health Care
    • We must have universal health care.
    • (Jul 2000)

We must have universal health care

I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare.

Our objective [should be] to make reforms for the moment and, longer term, to find an equivalent of the single-payer plan that is affordable, well-administered, and provides freedom of choice. Possible? The good news is, yes. There is already a system in place-the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program-that can act as a guide for all healthcare reform. It operates through a centralized agency that offers considerable range of choice. While this is a government program, it is also very much market-based. It allows 620 private insurance companies to compete for this market. Once a year participants can choose from plans which vary in benefits and costs.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.206-208 & 218 , Jul 2, 2000

I personally support single-payer plans so our employers pay higher wages instead of spending on health care plans. Employers have gotten way too involved in the health and medical care issues of their employees, so much so that freedom and liberty have been jeopardized and compromised without any correlating benefit on spending or health. In fact, the reverse has occurred. Employers are paying employees lower wages while spending more on health insurance, the exact opposite of what's actually in the best interest of both the employer and employee.

Maybe Trump will be the one to figure this out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast