Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't Get Me Started

Don't Get
    Me Started
    By Andrew C. ‘’Andy’’ Hefty
    Attention Republican Party

Let this column serve notice to members of the Republican Party at all levels that I and many others are ready to take drastic action if the party leadership doesn’t return to its roots of lower taxes, limited government, and a strong national defense. You’ve read my ranting before regarding the Democrats. But I’ve spilled enough ink and electrons about them for now. It’s time I get into rebuking the GOP for their many faults.

Republicans have been playing nice with their political adversaries for so long that they have become the very type of politicians they once opposed. Examples?

This amnesty bill is the clearest, most recent example. How many ways can Republicans look like Democrats? The back-room deals to get a lousy piece of legislation rammed through reeked of Tip O’Neill. The unwillingness to listen to constituents is elitism in its purest form. Add to that the comments by politicians like Lindsey Graham, Trent Lott, and George W. Bush stating that talk radio listeners and other associated conservatives are ill-informed or racist, and you have the height of arrogance. Even our own Mel Martinez has neglected those who put him in the Senate. And now, he is in charge of the national GOP! Somebody please explain that one to me.

"I’m all for law and order." "I oppose amnesty." "I want to secure the borders." Every one of those statements has been carelessly blurted by Republicans who never had any intention of following through. And it’s all a pallet of horseradish. If they were truly for law and order, drunk-driving illegals would be imprisoned or deported. If they oppose amnesty, this bill would not have been railroaded through the Senate -- twice. A politician who wants secure borders would be outraged over border patrol agents imprisoned for shooting a Mexican drug runner who was a threat to a nearby town. Forgive me if I fail to mention that the perpetrator was granted immunity, cash, and citizenship.

Moving along to taxes and spending, the current crop of Republicans promised in 1994 to shrink the budget and lower our taxes. Although our overall tax burden is lowered, they didn’t have the guts to make the tax cuts permanent. Now that Democrats are back in power, look for the tax hikes to return -- soon. Thanks for nothing.

Oh, and while you’re at it, would you please knock off all the hideous pork-barrel spending? A bridge to nowhere in Alaska that would serve a few hundred citizens for the meager price of hundreds of millions of dollars is not what we had in mind. A baseball museum for Cal Ripken should be funded by Cal Ripken. And I’m a big fan of baseball’s iron man.

The message is clear. Scrap the current tax code. Enact the FairTax plan. Begin reducing the size of the federal government. Spend only what is necessary. If we wanted that kind of crack-addict theft and spending, we would have kept Dan Rostenkowski in power. Failure to change could be drastic for the career of any -- all -- Republicans.

Your support for the troops and the mission overseas is lukewarm at best. I’m not talking about mindless platitudes that belong on yellow magnetic ribbons. I am talking about calling into question anyone who wants to surrender to the terrorists. I am talking about getting the funding through Congress without nit-picking over "emergency spinach funding." I also mean keeping your fat trap shut when it comes to sensitive policy and practice.

Republicans must bear in mind that there is only one Commander-In-Chief. Anyone who wants to make changes should consider running for the Oval Office. Otherwise, get out of the way and leave the execution of the war to the generals at the five-sided wind tunnel we call the Pentagon.

The Marines don’t let obstacles stop them.

And quit trying to act like mob bosses. "Say What?!" You heard me. Local Republicans are threatening a lack of police, fire, and safety protection just because we want lower taxes. That’s not responsible government; that’s extortion and racketeering. Don’t compromise public safety. Cut the unnecessary "charity" handouts and self-gratifying monuments. Otherwise, you sound just like a prohibition-era mobster: "Gee, Mr. Hefty, that’s a nice tax cut you have there. It’d be a shame if something happened because it wasn’t protected through a lack of funding."

Finally, consider changing your marketing strategy. Think of it like this: just do your jobs. Ideally, in the private sector, employees who concentrate on excelling at their vocation tend to get ahead of the mediocre and the backstabbers. The same should work for Republicans in government.

Quit trying to be popular with the media and opponents. They’re not going to like you anyway. Just be yourself. Do your job. Don’t worry about offending one group or another just because of what you believe. Anyone who is that thin-skinned doesn’t understand what honest, candid debate really is. Stay true to your principles that got you into office in the first place.

And for crying out loud, quit being so defensive. Go on offense for a change. Try taking to the podium with an agenda and intelligence. State your agenda then enact it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Trust me.

If you don’t return to the principles outlined by Ronald Reagan, you may just find yourselves out of work. Besides, if you don’t spend 36 years in elected office, is that really a bad thing? Would it kill you to work in the private sector after a couple of stints in government?

Next week, "Attention Democrats"

http://www.bcstandard.com/news/2007/071 ... s/010.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen!!

This author gets it, how come the STUPID politicans dont get it?
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster
    Amen!!

This author gets it, how come the STUPID politicans dont get it?
    "Stupid is as stupid does."
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

I think Michael Savage had it just right when he said that "we now only have ONE party....with two heads"!

It's hard to differentiate between the parties anymore....case in point: Arnold (the traitor) Schwarzenegger! He rushed in as the Republican savior and morphed into a wimpy Kennedy clone.

And then there's Bloomberg...a lifelong Dem turns Republican for a day...and now he's starting a new party!

Bottom line..the corrupt politicians in Washington are beginning to resemble their corrupt counterpart in Mexico...the PRI party! It's all about power and greed...We the People are completely irrelevant!

A politician who wants secure borders would be outraged over border patrol agents imprisoned for shooting a Mexican drug runner who was a threat to a nearby town. Forgive me if I fail to mention that the perpetrator was granted immunity, cash, and citizenship.

Is this true, was he granted citizenship? I thought I had followed this story closely but that is the fitst that I heard about citizenship being granted. If that is the case, more people need to hear that aspect as well.

I never heard about citizenship being granted!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WE NEED LOTS OF HELP HERE ALIPAC TEAM, PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND HELP OUT!! CHECK ALL THE LINKS BELOW AND PICK ONE OR MORE OF THE PROJECTS YOU CAN HELP WITH, !! WE HAVEN'T GOT OUR COUNTRY BACK YET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140
    National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    ALIPAC needs donations to stay afloat and in the fight Please give what you can!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    NEW BLITZ....GET INVOLVED...PLEASE!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 564#418564
    DIXIE NEEDS HELP ON A PROJECT FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS TIME!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73375
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)