Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Im forwarding this to my diesel driving friends and family. The main drawback to these is that you have to go around to restaruants and harvest the grease yourself. A lot of drivers just don't have the time.

As for me, it would be well worth it.
    May be a business opportunity, collecting and filtering the grease. Just dont sell it as fuel, otherwise their will be taxes involved.
    Believe me, I've thought about it....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    Not a good idea, even though well-intentioned. Everyone will just get gas on the 16th or 17th. We need fuel, unfortunately.

Ostrich
    Yes I agree, but the idea is to give big oil a one day sample of what can happen if they keep jacking up the price.

The radio keeps saying Chicago has the highest average in the country.
    Reg-Nolead = 3.88.

Also the local radio stations have this segment were people call in if that spot a low gas price, and right now the lowest I been hearing is about 3.72 to 3.80.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I really wonder how they raise their prices? My husband was having his oil changed in his truck, so while we were waiting we went to fill up my car which was $3.93 a gal. for reg. unleaded. Diesel was $4.57. Two hours later after his truck was ready he went back to the same place and Diesel had gone up to $4.69. Luckily we are both retired and usually only fill up our vehicles about once a month. But what about people who have to work every day?

This is an arguement that can go on FOREVER!
    Bottom line is this...WE NEED OIL FOR GAS! We have it right here in America, BUT it has been regulated to the point that the American Taxpayer is FORCED to rely on Oil from the Mid-East, Venezuela and other NOT SO FRIENDLY nations.
    People ALWAYS talk about the "Big" profits the Oil companies make, what they NEVER talk about is all the TAXES on that gallon of gas...City tax, State Tax, Federal Tax...I pay and pay and pay more DAMN TAX on fuel and it keeps going UP! Maybe we should get the SPECIAL INTERESTS OUT OF THE OIL INDUSTRY?
    Maybe we should TELL OUR GOVT. to STOP DOUBLE TAXING US!
    Now we have the Polar Bears.... Put on Endangered Species list SO we can NEVER DRILL FOR OIL IN ANWAR!
    I'm Fed Up.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

You are being forced by market forces to buy a small Yaris.....but if it is true that India and China are using more oiil then where didi that investment come from in INdia and China? Your AMERICAN multi-national companies like GE and Microsoft who have been investing OVER there.

So you must dump your SUV and TRUCK so a man in India or China can now own a vehicle. Wall Street Journal says it is all good and for whom. Environmentaliists love the high prices.

Import people and export jobs. BTW That Yaris is totally JAPANESE NOT American built by American workers......

You understand all this don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    You are being forced by market forces to buy a small Yaris.....but if it is true that India and China are using more oiil then where didi that investment come from in INdia and China? Your AMERICAN multi-national companies like GE and Microsoft who have been investing OVER there.

So you must dump your SUV and TRUCK so a man in India or China can now own a vehicle. Wall Street Journal says it is all good and for whom. Environmentaliists love the high prices.

Import people and export jobs. BTW That Yaris is totally JAPANESE NOT American built by American workers......

You understand all this don't you?
    Yes, you are right. I was forced by the market to buy a Yaris. I loved my SUV, but I had to adapt and do what I felt was best for my family. I'm tired of feeding the greed machine. I can't control how much the price of gas is-but I CAN control how much of it I consume. The Yaris has the best rated MPG of any non-hybrid out there at 40 mpg.

I blame most of our high gas prices on OPEC's greed and extreme environmentalism. Tree huggers don't want the caribou is Alaska to move over an extra 20 feet to feed so we can put a new pipeline in.

It felt good to drive something American like my Chevy, but a lot of these Japanese cars are more American than you think. On top of that they are great cars. This will be my third or fourth Toyota and I plan on keeping it for a long time. My spouse drives a Ford F350 that constantly leaks oil and has nothing but trouble with it.

My little Japanese "beer can" makes me happy. It thrills me to no end to go over 100 miles and only use barely a quarter tank. If you like feeding the greed machine, then by all means go ahead, but please don't criticize me for doing what I felt was best economically for my family.

The freedom I have felt since buying this car has been unbelievable. I can now take my family of four to visit my Dad who lives a thousand miles away for about $200 total gas round trip. If I feel like driving across town to pick up a dime, then I can do it without guilt. Show me an American made car that can perform like that with Toyota's dependability and I might reconsider...

By the way.....Correct me if I'm wrong, but Toyota keeps many Americans working. So far, I have only heard of factory lay-offs of tens of thousands of American workers from American manufacturers. They must be doing something right and I don't believe it makes me any less an American for driving Japanese. When the USA makes a car as good or better on gas,performance and dependability, I'll be driving it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They will stay high until people start converting their engines to runon something else.

I can forsee a lot of garage conversions coming in the near future.

Only when people don't need gas the price will drop. Until then the oil companies can charge whatever they want and people will have to buy it.

I'm hoping for the electric car to come back because when you think about it gasoline is a foul dirty fuel. They are just selling us a shiner version of 100 year old technology.

In the 1970's they forced the car companies to improve mileage. Since then there have been no significant increases in MPG. .

I have thought a buying a Toyota Corolla in a few years but only the model assembled in Fremont, CA. Those models are assembled by organized labor UNAM. The car is %65 US made and it gets 35 MPH on the freeway.

It is your money buy what you want I am not criticizing you for buying a Yaris.

My point is that the open borders, council on foreign affairs, wall street etc send the job to Mexico and China, India, and allow illegals here is why the price of gas is so high. So we are going to be forced to change a lifestyle based on market forces by some politicans and corporations who don't care about AMERICA FIRST. You have to buy a tiny car so some guy in China can have a tiny car. How do you feel about that?

See my point?

I have thought a buying a Toyota Corolla in a few years but only the model assembled in Fremont, CA. Those models are assembled by organized labor UNAM. The car is %65 US made and it gets 35 MPH on the freeway.

It is your money buy what you want I am not criticizing you for buying a Yaris.

My point is that the open borders, council on foreign affairs, wall street etc send the job to Mexico and China, India, and allow illegals here is why the price of gas is so high. So we are going to be forced to change a lifestyle based on market forces by some politicans and corporations who don't care about AMERICA FIRST. You have to buy a tiny car so some guy in China can have a tiny car. How do you feel about that?

See my point?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12