Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

England Cracking down on Illegal Immigration

It's the Border's After all, It's the Border's After all, it's the Border's,Border's, Border's.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.dawn.com/2007/06/19/int8.htm

Britain to crack down on illegal immigrants

By Our Special Correspondent

LONDON, June 18: The UK government on Monday vowed to use its international relations to strengthen the UK’s border controls, crack down on migration abuse and tackle trafficking as it launched its international strategy for managing global migration, which sets out the UK’s global plans in the fight to halt illegal immigration.

Last year Border and Immigration Agency (BIA) staff prevented 17,000 people crossing the channel illegally. At juxtaposed controls in France and Belgium the BIA caught 3,900 people trying to enter Britain through clandestine means.

At the forefront of the strategy is to work with other governments to prevent illegal migration and speed-up the return of those with no right to be in the UK.

Through working with countries which act as ‘transit’ points on illegal immigration routes, the UK intends to put migration at the top of the international agenda.

Home Secretary John Reid said: “Every issue we face, whether it involves immigration, identity or counter-terrorism, has international relationships at its very core. That is why today’s international strategy is crucial to our future.

“We cannot protect Britain’s borders by operating in a bubble. The only way to tackle these 21st century issues is through countries working together. Today we are undertaking to improve that co-operation through better exchange of immigration data and working together to tackle the reasons for migration.â€

I wish our American leaders had the same balls!

Well I hate to be so cynical, but I think Britain is trying to shut the barn door after the horse, so to speak. What they're proposing will have little impact on the major problem, which is thousands of radical Islamists who have been allowed to take up residence there, and large numbers of disaffected second and third generation young people who have no fealty to that nation. Focusing on illegal immigration is so typical of Britain's recent endeavors to address the dangers in its midst--throwing resources into projects that circumvent having to confront the true nature of the problem. Having said that, they are very adept at handling an immediate crisis, as was demonstrated last week.

Britain has lost its spine, its will to fight for survival. I believe the government knows this, but is too cowed, too overcome with pathological PC to make the hard choices that might save it. They'd rather subsume their identity, dismantle anything seen as quintessentially "British", to demonstrate tolerance. Many in immigrant communities there, particularly in London, aren't willing to reciprocate. I will be very surprised if there isn't some form of government sanctioned sharia law there within the next 15-20 years. I heard Mark Steyn on one of the news shows last night talking about Britain and the European continent. The interviewer was asking him if people should feel safe traveling to those countries. His response was, if you want to visit the famous capitals, you best do it within the next five years because the situation isn't going to get any prettier.

I have lived in England and Wales, and I had wanted to take my husband there, but it has changed so dramatically in the last decade that I'm not so sure now. The current situation there saddens me greatly. I see nothing but chaos, with more to come. The native British seem to feel much like us--deeply troubled that their government is systematically dismantling their nation as if engaging in some uncontrolled social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    The native British seem to feel much like us--deeply troubled that their government is systematically dismantling their nation as if engaging in some uncontrolled social experiment.
    This is going on in France as well.

No matter what Social engineering scheme Western Leaders put into place, ultimately Christain and Moslems Societies will clash. Western Civilization is about to learn a hard history lesson repeated time and time again
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson