Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English-The Official Language Rep. Goode

Support for English as the Official Language of the US

Congressman Goode supports establishing English as the official language of the United States. He is cosponsoring H.R. 769, to declare English as the official language of the United States and H. J. Res 19, proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to establish English as the official language of the United States.

English should be the official language of the United States. In countries where there is a lack of common unifying language, there is more discord and often efforts to split up the country. Having one common language can be a significant unifying force. We need only to look to the north to Canada. Canada has had three elections over the past couple of decades in an effort to split French speaking Quebec off from the rest of the English speaking Canada. I am fearful that we will have efforts in the country in a few years to split up part of the United States. There are some from Mexico who are already saying that the Mexican War was wrong and that the United States should be split in the Southwest.

Having English as our official language is not new. The issue has been before Congress for several years. America has been a great melting pot and country for persons of different backgrounds. We need to ensure that we have a common unifying thread of a language through these diverse backgrounds. Having a common language for a country will make that country stronger and more unified in my opinion.

http://www.house.gov/goode/legislation.shtml
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for Goode!!!!!!!
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

This man has come up with a lot of common sense legislation. I don't know the status of these bills, but it would be easy enough to look up in the Thomas Library online.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)