Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Evangelicals, The NAE And Immigration

February 26, 2010

Memo From Middle America (Formerly Known As Memo From Mexico), By Allan Wall

Evangelicals, The NAE And Immigration

Where do evangelicals stand on immigration and the National Question?

As an evangelical Christian myself, I don’t intend for my immigration activism to conflict with my faith. And I don’t believe it does.

It’s an important question for the patriotic immigration reform movement.

After all, evangelicals comprise approximately a quarter of the electorate.

To get as many evangelicals with us as possible would be highly advantageous.

Sad to say, the leadership of the National Association of Evangelicals (hereafter referred to as the NAE), representing 40 denominations with memberships totaling 30 million, has gone over completely to the other side.

On Oct. 8th, 2009, the NAE adopted a resolution calling for "comprehensive immigration reform"—the code word for amnesty.

The NAE drafted a document entitled IMMIGRATION 2009. This document just serves up the same old, tired secular Open Borders rhetoric. But since it’s written by evangelicals, it wraps these arguments in arguments supposedly based on the Bible and Christian doctrine. I say "supposedly" because their arguments twist Christian doctrine to make it appear to support their agenda.

Rather than subject the reader to the complete IMMIGRATION 2009 (which can be read in its entirety online for those so inclined), let’s hit some of the low points. For example, it says:

"Discussion of immigration and government immigration policy must begin with the truth that every human being is made in the image of God…

"Immigrants are made in the image of God and have supreme value with the potential to contribute greatly to society."
    http://www.nae.net/resolutions/347-immigration-2009

Yes, the doctrine that Man is made in the image of God is a key Biblical doctrine—and so is that of the Fall of Man.

But how does that doctrine prove that we need amnesty? It just doesn’t.

After all, everybody is made in the image of God – and not only the much-celebrated illegal aliens.

Aren’t American citizens also made in the image of God? Aren't unemployed Americans, Americans who get murdered by illegal aliens, and Americans who are killed by illegal alien drivers?

The NAE is just twisting a basic Christian doctrine to make people feel guilty for opposing illegal immigration. It’s sort of a religious equivalent of the phony "nation of immigrants" argument.

The NAE document follows with a list of examples from the Bible, none of which remotely proves its point. It’s just more slipshod logic dressed up in piety. Then it has the gall to say this:

"The Bible does not offer a blueprint for modern legislation, but it can serve as a moral compass and shape the attitudes of those who believe in God. [So why are you even drafting this statement?]…policies must be evaluated to reflect that immigrants are made in the image of God and demonstrate biblical grace to the foreigner."

This is just more misuse of Biblical doctrine to promote illegal immigration. Regarding "biblical grace" being extended to "the foreigner", it’s not really the job of the government to extend grace—that’s the prerogative of God and the Church. Christian charity should not be confused with welfare, confiscatory taxation and Affirmative Action.

Here’s more rhetoric from the NAE document:

"Immigration is a worldwide phenomenon. People migrate due to economic globalization, armed conflicts, and a desire to provide for their families. The United States of America is a country founded by immigrants….Immigrants will continue to be an essential part of who we are as a country…." Etc.

It’s just the standard boilerplate used to justify mass immigration, just as misleading in an “evangelicalâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration 2009

The significant increase in immigration and the growing stridency of the national debate on immigration compel the National Association of Evangelicals to speak boldly and biblically to this challenging topic. The complexity of immigration issues provides an opportunity to mine Scripture for guidance. A biblically informed position provides a strong platform for the NAE to make a contribution in the public square that will be explicitly Christian. Out of commitment to Scripture and knowledge of national immigration realities comes a distinct call to action.

Biblical Foundations

Discussion of immigration and government immigration policy must begin with the truth that every human being is made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-28). Immigrants are made in the image of God and have supreme value with the potential to contribute greatly to society. Jesus exemplifies respect toward others who are different in his treatment of the Samaritans (Luke 10:30-37; John 4:1-42).

The Bible contains many accounts of God’s people who were forced to migrate due to hunger, war, or personal circumstances. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the families of his sons turned to Egypt in search of food. Joseph, Naomi, Ruth, Daniel and his friends, Ezekiel, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther all lived in foreign lands. In the New Testament, Joseph and Mary fled with Jesus to escape Herod’s anger and became refugees in Egypt. Peter referred to the recipients of his first letter as “aliensâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My advice to the NAE church members is to find a church in the United States who isn't led by people devoted to bankrupting your family and our nation and with it the means to protect and defend your freedom of religion.

Otherwise, you'll go down in defeat with the traitors you followed who tried to destroy our country and the freedom and blessings of liberty for which it was founded.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy, that was beautiful.

Just wondering, does anyone know of a church that does NOT support illegal immigration? Used to be Catholic, then changed to Episcopal, which is just as politically pushy. I refuse to support a church where my moral compass is higher than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    Judy, that was beautiful.

Just wondering, does anyone know of a church that does NOT support illegal immigration? Used to be Catholic, then changed to Episcopal, which is just as politically pushy. I refuse to support a church where my moral compass is higher than theirs.
    Thank you, GaPatriot.

Southern Baptists do NOT support illegal immigration and during a meeting between Bush II and several religious leaders on the subject of illegal immigration, Richard Land, who was the President of the Southern Baptist Convention at that time, told Bush straight up in no uncertain terms that his job as President of the United States was to enforce the laws of our nation. And not long after that meeting, that is exactly what GW Bush did, way too late and way too little, but he got the message loud and clear. I'm not aware of any change in that position.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought that God wanted you to obey the laws of the land. That being said, the illegals are not obeying the laws of this land.