Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE FLAG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE FLAG

The Flag ......... wrote on Feb 3, 2008 1:18 PM:

is a piece of cloth. It's a symbol, but it's not the actual country. Why not support the betterment of the country as a whole by supporting health care for all and caring about your fellow American rather than all the uproar about some cloth.

It wasn't the Democratic Party that ran this country into the ground, it was the Republic Party and the Republic presidential administration. It's time to set things right again. Another point, I should hope that people don't die for the flag..I would think that if they died for something it would be for the "country" not a piece of cloth. The folks that are so upset that this young woman is draping it over her body really have their priorities screwed up. You'd rather see cuts to needed programs and more money spent on death and destruction rather than see enthusiasm by young voters for the electoral process. It's their future at stake you know. They have a right to be involved and to make a difference. They are the ones that would have to pay with their lives if war continues. I bet if they were rallying around Republic candidates, it would be just fine, but since turnout is high for Democrats, of course "they don't know anything". Typical Republic way of thinking, lessen the importance of your opponent to make yourself feel superior..

Go Obama, Viva Obama

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02 ... 2_2_08.txt

Is obama the cousin of osama?Osama snet a messege to obama that can be seen as freindly "may a camel be available every night for your pleasure"

Skip, what are you trying to say? That we should vote for Obama???
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    You need an explanation? Skip

Read the other comments for the context.
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02 ... 2_2_08.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    You need an explanation? Skip
    Yes, I do need an explanation of your message. I went to the article in your link, and your message to us is not in that article, so I can only assume it is a message from you. Am I right? If I am, that is why I was asking you if you are asking us to vote Obama. I could be wrong about my assumptions, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, that is why I always ask for CLEAR answers. So yes, please explain.

I get what you are trying to say.....

I have a question....any THING is a symbol....it's the intent behind it that matters. A cross is a symbol.....some for good .....some for bad....it's the intent behind it thats the crime. How do you discern the intent?

I keep reading about the burning cross with the KKK. It's a racist symbol. When you are tagged with a written symbol....do you feel safe or scared? Does a gang symbol mean more or less than a cross? When you get your house tagged by a gang....is it not any different than a burning cross?

You are marked...you are targeted...you have stepped over the bounds....what's the difference?

I just know to me....my countries flag is a comfort...a security blanket...like this woman has done. That is different than the guy using it to wipe his butt in the streets. Yes...it's JUST a piece of cloth......it's only worth what the people viewing it means........

Isn't that why God said he would judge on what's on the hearts and minds of people? Could be a homeless person using it as a blanket....or a terriorist using it as a signal. Who knows? For positive.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well I look at the USA FLAG as alot more than a piece of cloth and I will try and teach my children it is more, I can't stand to see ANY other Countries flag flying here, I don't even like the fact that the UN has them all on this USA soil ! I understand what you are saying BUT I can see it now when a time will come very soon where it will be forbidded in the ONCE GREAT COUNTRY ! WHILE it is still HERE , I will defend it with my life if thats what it takes !!!
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

[quote=Ex_OC][quote=Skip][quote="Ex_OC":2enraa0f]Skip, what are you trying to say? That we should vote for Obama???[/quote]

You need an explanation? Skip[/quote]

Yes, I do need an explanation of your message. I went to the article in your link, and your message to us is not in that article, so I can only assume it is a message from you. Am I right? If I am, that is why I was asking you if you are asking us to vote Obama. I could be wrong about my assumptions, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, that is why I always ask for CLEAR answers. So yes, please explain.[/quote:2enraa0f]

I did not write this comment .........

[b]A picture tells everything...[/b] wrote on Feb 3, 2008 9:53 AM:
    This picture of the disrespect for the flag of our nation speaks volumes for how this generation has no idea what they're voting for nor for whom? Our flag is not a blanket to be worn in the rain! This is a standard that many men have died for a belief in something to be protected. These politicians are relying on the lack of love for a nation that stands to defend it's people. These democrats say "We'll pull the troops out...but what will stop the hordes from reaching our shores then? These young ARE NOT the future!!! We stand and fight them enemy now!!! They're more of us older loyal americans than there ever will be them!!! And most of all we respect even in the smallest way the symbol that represents this the greatest nation of all.

I did write this comment ....................

[b]Skip[/b]wrote on Feb 3, 2008 12:16 PM:
    That girl in the accompanying picture looks like she is wearing a real flag. That is so disrespectful. I have said it many times before, " What are they teaching those kids at Cal State San Marcos?" And on the California taxpayers dime.

I guess what I should add is that [b]Cal State San Marcos [/b]is a Nortorious Open Borders School.

They bring you things such things as these .................

[color=darkblue][b]Needs of migrants ignored in North County[/b][/color]
    [url="http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/12/29/opinion/commentary/17_39_1712_28_07.txt"]http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/12 ... _28_07.txt[/url]

They recently changed their webpage as they used to have a statement that they were primarilary a Latino oriented institution.
    http://www.csusm.edu/

http://www.csusm.edu/nlrc/resources/links.html

Oh and to put it politely............ There is no way I would ever give any support to Obama.

Sorry for the Confusion

r/ Skip

Skip, ok, I see that what your first post was was a copy of someone who called themself The Flag who posted that comment on Feb 3, 2008 1:18 PM.

Phew. For a while there I thought it was you.

IMHO, our Flag IS a symbol of this country. It's not just a "piece of cloth." All our troops have it in their bunkers. For them, looking at that flag every day is what's keeping them going. Obviously, you can't bring a whole country with you, so that is why SYMBOLIC icons are in use.

For those who think the flag is just a piece of cloth: What about the Chalice? the host at Communin? the Menorah? the Weeping Wall? the Dreidel, for Christ's sake. These are all SYMBOLS of BELIEFS. SYMBOLS. Why is it that in all the wars that have been fought, armies have flag bearers? A united people need symbols to represent EASILY AND RECOGNIZEABLY their loyalties. It is just the human way.

Let's not split hairs here. The Red-White-and-Blue REPRESENTS AMERICA, with all its liberties and freedom. Don't even try to break it down to just a piece of cloth. A piece of cloth? What do you say about the burqua then? Is that just a piece of cloth that covers a Muslim woman from head to toe in the middle of a desert heat of 100 degrees just because it's a piece of cloth?? NO. She suffers the abomination because her religion DEMANDS IT. It is a symbol of her faith. A SYMBOL.

Do NOT underestimate the power of symbols. At the very obvious, armies depend on it.

No prob, Skip. I guess it was just a mix-up of communicating. I'm glad we were able to clear the air. Phew! for a while there, I thought you personally wrote that first post. Glad we were able to clarify that. PEACE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast