Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Forget The Polls. Let's Try This!

I have been doing a lot of thinking about how to make our government pay more attention to how we, the People, really feel about this amnesty bill. Polls are good, but as you know, all of them are different, so our government interprets only the ones that favor their position on policies, like we saw this morning in the Washington Post. The letters we write and the phone calls we make are vital to getting our voices heard in Congress, but the rest of America doesn’t visually see all the hard work we put into this, so I thought maybe we could do a little something else to show our government and other citizens how many people really are against this amnesty bill. Something they can’t dispute.

People wear awareness ribbons for different causes, so what if we came up with something of our own to wear that represents what our battle is, something we could pass out to other people on the street who feel the same as we do. Whatever it happens to be, they all have to be identical and each politician needs to be sent one so when he sees someone wearing it, he’ll know what it represents.

Maybe make a logo or design that says, “No amnesty. Secure our borders and enforce our laws now.â€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alipac has designed a few flyers you can print out and pass around.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=24

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's a good idea but I would keep it simple and catchy like
    "secure borders" and "support america".
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

this is a great idea. I just posted this general concept on another thread.

yes our voices are being killed by these senators that are saying they really arent getting many calls opposing this bill. and some voters who are still not strongly opposing this bill can be swayed by this....they can be converted into supporters of the bill.

the outcry must be publicized somehow. wearing t shirts or ribbons is a great idea. the public can see it.....such a great idea. thanks for posting this.

Flyers are good, but most people throw them out. This way if they had a sticker on their shirt they are more apt to forget it's on there and other people see it and maybe ask about it or ask if they have anymore. I know I would. They would be relatively cheap to make. You could print off a lot of them on one page of sticky paper.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

This isn't original but how about:

REAL IMMIGRANTS DON'T NEED AMNESTY
    or
    LEGAL IMMIGRANTS DON'T NEED AMNESTY