Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Ga. illegal immigrant student gets 3 days in jail

Associated Press - November 15, 2010 5:14 PM ET

MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) - A Georgia college student and illegal immigrant whose case sparked a larger debate over illegal immigration has been sentenced to three days in jail for driving without a license.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that 22-year-old Jessica Colotl was also sentenced to a year probation for the misdemeanor charge and fined $1,000.

The Cobb County solicitor had asked for 10 days in jail after Colotl was convicted Thursday. Colotl was acquitted of a charge of impeding the flow of traffic.

Colotl will get credit for 45.5 hours she spent in Cobb County jail after her arrest and has 26.5 hours remaining.

She was not taken into custody Monday because her lawyer indicated he will appeal her conviction.

Immigration authorities in the spring delayed action on her case for a year, allowing her to finish her studies.

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=13505862

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Immigration authorities in the spring delayed action on her case for a year, allowing her to finish her studies.
    I wonder how she'll show her gratitude... oops I mean her probable lack of gratitude at the end of her studies....
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    I wonder how she'll show her gratitude... oops I mean her probable lack of gratitude at the end of her studies....
    Glad you asked forest. I'll tell you how this militant invader is going to show her "gratitude!" I'm almost certain she and her legal team are working on a motion to vacate that order of deportation pending against her.

Why do you think they're working so hard on demanding a jury trial and trying to beat the misdemeanor charges she faced? If she were simply going to be compliant, she would have pleaded guilty to the charges and have been done with it. What does she care, she's going to be deported.

The fact is she wanted to beat these charges so her motion to vacate would have a better chance of being granted.

This is not the behavior of someone who's going to go off gently into the night!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)