Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Getting Organized

I'm glad there are groups like Alipac and NumbersUSA. Now, I wish there visible groups for people "displaced" by illegal immigration.

My parents know people who lost jobs in factories and construction companies to illegal immigrants.

The American people need to see Americans that (used to do the jobs) the media says Americans won't do.

There are already Legal Immigrants and Illegal Immigrant groups. But, they're not very visible.

If I had money, I would mobilize these groups of people in every state, right before a primary. Illegal immigration isn't a problem yet in places like New Hampshire and Iowa.

We need to put a face on these people.

How about a third group? People who have lost their identities due to identity theft. Criss cross the states with these people. Picket these campaign headquarters. Make someone walk over an American that has lost his job or identity or a loved one because of illegal immigration to get to a pro illegal immigrant candidate.

Big signs proclaiming who they are or why they're there. And tee shirts that suggest that these are the unheard, unseen, uncared for in America.

Or, signs that insist, no one will speak for them.

What would you do to force candidates to address Americans against illegal immigration.

I agree - something like an

"American Citizens hurt by illegal immigration group"

Re: Getting Organized

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    I'm glad there are groups like Alipac and NumbersUSA. Now, I wish there visible groups for people "displaced" by illegal immigration.

My parents know people who lost jobs in factories and construction companies to illegal immigrants.

The American people need to see Americans that (used to do the jobs) the media says Americans won't do.

There are already Legal Immigrants and Illegal Immigrant groups. But, they're not very visible.

If I had money, I would mobilize these groups of people in every state, right before a primary. Illegal immigration isn't a problem yet in places like New Hampshire and Iowa.

We need to put a face on these people.

How about a third group? People who have lost their identities due to identity theft. Criss cross the states with these people. Picket these campaign headquarters. Make someone walk over an American that has lost his job or identity or a loved one because of illegal immigration to get to a pro illegal immigrant candidate.

Big signs proclaiming who they are or why they're there. And tee shirts that suggest that these are the unheard, unseen, uncared for in America.

Or, signs that insist, no one will speak for them.

What would you do to force candidates to address Americans against illegal immigration.
    And, a lot of people do not realize that the illegals are in our unions as well!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Interesting idea, but you might find some reluctance among people that have had their identities stolen to put more of their personal information out in the public eye. It might work though, you never know till you try.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THE PROBLEM

Part of the problem, or maybe the major problem with candidates is that they rarely say, "I am here to serve you, the public, tell me what you want I and I will work for you."

They take the opposite stance and say, "This is what I will do for you."

They are supposed to serve US, the public.

Candidates, by virtue of being a candidate are worthless as leaders.

True

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Interesting idea, but you might find some reluctance among people that have had their identities stolen to put more of their personal information out in the public eye. It might work though, you never know till you try.

W
    That's true. I just get so sick of them ignoring us. At the last democratic debate, the issue of illegal immigration never came up, although NH voters had been polled that it was like 3rd on their list of important topics. They've convinced the nation that we're a group of bigots and racists. They skip along in life secure in the knowledge that they're helping some poor gardener, maid, or cook get a better life in the US. People who have been harmed by illegal immigration simply don't exist for these people.

Re: THE PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    Part of the problem, or maybe the major problem with candidates is that they rarely say, "I am here to serve you, the public, tell me what you want I and I will work for you."

They take the opposite stance and say, "This is what I will do for you."

They are supposed to serve US, the public.

Candidates, by virtue of being a candidate are worthless as leaders.
    Yeah, that was basically Hilary's speech tonight after the NH primary. You've nailed that one.

Presidential candidates listen to the leaders of established groups. Except in border states, most Americans wre not experiencing too much displacement until the last few years, IMO. So it takes awhile, especially for a grassroots movement, that has largely been ignored by the "pillars" of our society. But I think that is rapidly changing. I would reckon that if the numbers of illegal aliens were not as huge as it is, the number of Americans displaced would not be so high, either. People would overlook the issue, but now it is a huge issue.

It seems like looking in So. Cal., Arizona, Texas and Florida first would be where you would find the most topical stories. But chronic high unemployment states like Michigan and Ohio would have a lot, too. And ID theft is truly nationwide.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    I agree - something like an

"American Citizens hurt by illegal immigration group"

Yeah! Put a face on this problem. For awhile there I thought, if I heard one more person say, "jobs Americans wont' do", I thought I'd throw out the TV. But it's not personal for many people yet. The illegal immigration problem has been fought on just few fronts and in only a few states, but it's beginning to spread.

My coworker was in the, "Well, we can't deport them all crowd." Until he found out someone had been using his social security number to work in another state. Then it became a "real" problem for him.

Some of these people supporting candidates like McCain, Clinton, and Obama, probably could walk straight over you with your little sign.

I'll start on my sign slogans...

"Help! An illegal immigrant now has my job." (You can't say stole. That would sound too severe to a liberal.)

"Who will stand up for us?" (That's Edwards little campaign slogan - Clinton's too if the wind is right)

"Will your change take another one of my jobs?" (Obama, the change candidate)

"Aren't I God's Child To? (McCain, "They're God's children, too)

"My child could use in state tuition" (Huckabee)

"Help! My hospital had to close because of illegal immigration costs"

I'm getting stuck.