Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by AE
    I have been hearing some very conflicting stuff in the news as far a presidential, anyone have something solid on what it looks like currently?
    Five just released nat'l polls:

Marist: Obama +9
    Fox News: Obama +7
    NBC News, WSJ: Obama +8
    Rasmussen: Obama +6
    Gallup: Obama +11

OHIO:

Fox News/Rasmussen: Tie
    SurveyUSA: Obama +2
    Reuters/Zogby: Obama +6
    Univ. of Cinn./Ohio: Obama +6
    Quinnipiac: Obama +7
    Mason-Dixon: McCain +2

Current RCP Average for Ohio: Obama +3.2
    What is up with people wanting to vote for Obama for crying out loud! Do they have ANY idea what kind of country they will have if Obama gets in? I AM PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE!
    me too this early voting is hurting people. When PA, OH, VA, MT, and other states figure out their votes messed themselves over on this coal thing they will be hopping mad.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wonder what kind of a sympathy vote Durbin will get? I heard on the radio his daughter died yesterday.

And it's unbelievable that that idiot Franken could beat Coleman!!!!

MW
    Populist wrote:

You're welcome Sosad. I believe Mary Landrieu (Louisiana; career and recent grades of C+ from Numbers -- not bad for a Democrat) was the only Democrat Senate incumbent who was possibly in any trouble, but even she is now up by +19 in the most recent poll.
    That's too bad because she is an amnesty supporter!

Excerpt:

Senator Mary Landrieu's Record On Immigration Reform And Illegal Aliens

Senator Mary Landrieu is a Democrat currently serving Louisiana and has served in the Senate from 1997-Present.

Senator Mary Landrieu has had a fairly good record when it comes to border security. There are currently at least 12 million (with estimates reaching as high as 30 million) illegal aliens in this country. The first line of defense is controlling our porous borders. Senator Mary Landrieu seems very concerned about securing our borders.

After an illegal alien has entered our country the next line of defense is interior enforcement. Currently employers are not required to verify that an applicant or employee is legally allowed to work in this country. In addition, local law enforcement at the state and local level have had their hands tied when dealing with illegal aliens by not even allowing them to inquire about arrestees' citizenship status. Senator Mary Landrieu has worked hard to allow state and local law enforcement to help in reducing illegal immigration and to put in place workplace verification systems allowing employers to quickly verify the legal working status of their employees.

If an illegal alien avoids being picked up, or remains here after receiving deportation orders, the next thing they look for are incentives, rewards and benefits. Amnesty is the largest of these rewards and gives illegal aliens a path to citizenship or makes them instantly legal. Senator Mary Landrieu has voted in favor of amnesty for illegal aliens.

Senator Mary Landrieu has voted in favor of giving illegal aliens further rewards and other incentives to come such as in-state tuition, educational benefits, welfare and health care services.

Once here, many illegal aliens have what is known as an "anchor baby". This is caused by a misinterpretation of our 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which calls for all born on American soil to be given US Citizenship. Unfortunately this Amendment has been misinterpreted and was initially put in place to ensure that freed slaves were citizens and has been twisted and misused to include even the children of foreigners who cross illegally into this country and have a child. Once born this new "citizen" allows the parent to gain benefits at the expense of the taxpayers. Senator Mary Landrieu has not yet had a chance to vote on anchor babies and the increased illegal population that they support through taxpayer dollars.

On the issue of legal immigration Senator Mary Landrieu has not yet voted on the visa lottery. Each year 50,000 names are chosen to come to the US legally without regards to their needs, intentions, education level or whether they would benefit the United States. "Winning the lottery" takes on a whole new meaning when it comes to immigration. Once in the country these new immigrants can apply for taxpayer funded services.

Once an immigrant is legally here they can send home to bring in more adults from their family such as parents, siblings and adult children. That legal immigrant can then bring in more family members directly related to them. This is called chain migration and Senator Mary Landrieu wants it to continue. Chain migration has exponential growth and is the primary cause of the 4-fold increase in immigration to this country since 1960.

A high majority of refugee and asylum seekers to this country are not by international definition in need of relocation. This program is ripe with fraud and Senator Mary Landrieu hasn't had a chance to vote on this yet.

Senator Mary Landrieu has voted for increases in permanent and temporary foreign work visas such as the H1-B. Sometimes foreign workers are desirable in fields where there is a lack of American workers to fill the positions. All too often these work visa programs are abused by employers and used to get lower cost workers into this country rather than hiring American workers. For the foreign worker it is common to see them not return to their home country and remain here on an expired visa.

Overall, Senator Mary Landrieu has a weak record when it comes to immigration reform.

Senator Mary Landrieu actively encourages more illegal immigration to our country and is in our opinion a threat to this nation. We cannot give Mary Landrieu our seal of approval.
    immigration_stance...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AE

We need to pray for a miracle right now.

I am tired and really anxious right now, more so since most years I have been able to almost always predict, this time I just am so unsure, and I keep thinking it is due to the fact that I personally want neither of the major candidates.

~sigh~ Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

MW
    AE wrote:

And night.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yup, we'll have to see by how much the Dems increase their majorities in the Senate and House. Looks like we'll still have Sens. Sessions & Inhofe (and DeMint who is not up for reelection this year) to fight against Mary Landrieu and other amnesty proponents. In the House, hopefully Bilbray, Rohrbacher, Feeney & others will win reelection along with (hopefully) newcomers such as Barletta & Chaffetz (who looks like a lock).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thanks for the update Populist...I don't think one rotten Democrat is going to lose a seat
    You're correct.

Even that pinhead Mary Landrieu will be re-elected, and most of her voters are living in Texas.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice

And it's unbelievable that that idiot Franken could beat Coleman!!!!
    I actually preferred it when they were electing professional wrestlers.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Thanks for your info

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    We need to pray for a miracle right now.

I am tired and really anxious right now, more so since most years I have been able to almost always predict, this time I just am so unsure, and I keep thinking it is due to the fact that I personally want neither of the major candidates.

Remember AE

15 By me kings reign, (sent Oct.)
    And rulers decree justice.
    16 By me princes rule, and nobles,
    All the judges of the earth.
    17 I love those who love me,
    And those who seek me diligently will find me.

Prov 8:15-17 (NKJV)

Even when Israel was taken into captivity God was in control. I'm convinced that if McCain wins it is only by the power of God and not his inept campaign. If Barack wins it is to help punish this nation. We deserve it quite frankly. We have people who vote on slogans, and sound bites not what is good for this nation. Don't want to be a dark cloud just a realist.

I guess my siggy says it all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast