Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Hispanic Challenge

The Hispanic Challenge

By Samuel P. Huntington

The persistent inflow of Hispanic immigrants threatens to divide the United States into two peoples, two cultures, and two languages. Unlike past immigrant groups, Mexicans and other Latinos have not assimilated into mainstream U.S. culture, forming instead their own political and linguistic enclaves—from Los Angeles to Miami—and rejecting the Anglo-Protestant values that built the American dream. The United States ignores this challenge at its peril.

America was created by 17th- and 18th-century settlers who were overwhelmingly white, British, and Protestant. Their values, institutions, and culture provided the foundation for and shaped the development of the United States in the following centuries. They initially defined America in terms of race, ethnicity, culture, and religion. Then, in the 18th century, they also had to define America ideologically to justify independence from their home country, which was also white, British, and Protestant. Thomas Jefferson set forth this “creed,â€
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Do you know when this article was published? Huntington is a fantastic researcher and author.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree, he's excellent.

This page
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms. ... 495&page=0

says March/April of 2004.

So it's not real current, but what it says still applies.

Have you read his book, Clash of Civilizations?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Thanks & I agree that it def still applies. And I haven't read that one yet, but it's on my list to read soon!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FYI, what I posted is an excerpt from a newer book of his called, "Who Are We." I haven't read it, but from that bit it sounds good. I'm adding that one to my list.