Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just think of the implications for our children and grandchildren, having to compete with bilingual anchor babies for jobs in the near future.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by hattiecat
    Just think of the implications for our children and grandchildren, having to compete with bilingual anchor babies for jobs in the near future.
    My children are lucky as they all know spanish thanks to the huge influx of spanish speakers in my town and good teachers. What is going to happen is that our children will be bilingual but it will only be in English and spanish as they have no choice as to what second language they will learn.

Heck I've even learned to understand a lot of spanish without ever taking a class in it. It always amazes me how the spanish speakers here don't know(or pretend not to know) common words in English even though they've been here for over 10 years.

Another thought for this thread is if you do get hired you will never be promoted in your job because you are not a bilingual speaker. Meanwhile bilingual people will get promoted even though they can't read or write well in either language. I saw it happen in a job I used to have. The person promoted was always making mistakes. There were always excuses made for her and we fixed her mistakes on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I am bilingual in English and Spanish but here in El Paso, that has not helped me in any way to get a job. I'm pretty convinced that I'm not getting hired because I'm Anglo and this entire city is dominated by and run by Mexicans, legal and illegal.
    Don't forget, most of those Hispanics, and in fact most of the Illegals are being supported, and helped, by the Catholic Church. Maybe if we all join the Catholic Church, we can all be employed. I work with mostly Hispanics, but Anglos there are treated better than me because they are Catholic. The Catholic Church used to convert people by the sword, and if what I am assuming is true, they are now attempting to convert using economic means. Nice thought, isn't it? As it stands, I am still refusing to convert, and will do so forever.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    My children are lucky as they all know spanish thanks to the huge influx of spanish speakers in my town and good teachers. What is going to happen is that our children will be bilingual but it will only be in English and spanish as they have no choice as to what second language they will learn.

Heck I've even learned to understand a lot of spanish without ever taking a class in it. It always amazes me how the spanish speakers here don't know(or pretend not to know) common words in English even though they've been here for over 10 years.

Another thought for this thread is if you do get hired you will never be promoted in your job because you are not a bilingual speaker. Meanwhile bilingual people will get promoted even though they can't read or write well in either language. I saw it happen in a job I used to have. The person promoted was always making mistakes. There were always excuses made for her and we fixed her mistakes on a daily basis.
    Thanks for the huge influx of Spanish speakers in your town? Why? How many of them are illegals and how many of them are Hispanic citizens that refuse to use English as their primary language of usage? Your children shouldn't have to communicate with Hispanic citizens in Spanish. I'll be damned the day I will feel lucky or grateful that my kids or grandkids will be forced to learn Spanish to accomodate illegal aliens or citizens who refuse to assimilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayday

Thanks for the huge influx of Spanish speakers in your town? Why? How many of them are illegals and how many of them are Hispanic citizens that refuse to use English as their primary language of usage? Your children shouldn't have to communicate with Hispanic citizens in Spanish. I'll be damned the day I will feel lucky or grateful that my kids or grandkids will be forced to learn Spanish to accomodate illegal aliens or citizens who refuse to assimilate.
    Ditto that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    If they are demanding you must also speak spanish

It would seem to me that they are discriminating against your national origin which is American and we speak English

One way to see if an illegal knows any english, just say:"chinga tu madre, cabrón" but say it in english and watch their reaction.
    ------------------------

Mkfarnam-I live in a meat packing town. IBP or Tyson came to my town approximately 20 years ago and is the main employer here. I'm sure you can understand why we have so many spanish speakers. Tyson recruited many of them from mexico when they first opened. We do have a lot of hispanic citizens here too. Many of them came from CA and moved here to get away from the craziness there.

GR
    Truth?

There is one very good recourse.

God "is" watching and listening - FOREVER!

Get down on your knees and pray.

Pray while walking.

Pray while sitting.

Forever praying - not constantly, but forever on your mind, let God know that you need His help.

God is no fool, and He won't ever be used, but He's there for those who love Him and do all they can to follow Him.

It's unbelievable how many times God has come to the rescue of people I know, and myself, when many times we may not have deserved His overwhelming kind "just right" outcome on our behalf.

Nevertheless, God is honorable and He "will" give you the perfect job for you, and find THAT job that "perfect is for you" and not bilingual.

Pray hard, honorably, and with respect to what God stands for, and He will be there to answer in the best way ever.

Hindsight is a great thing to have when you need to remember how many times God made a bad situation turn out to be the very best ever thing that could have happened.

It's amazing!

NEVER forget to give God the glory, honor, and thanks for what He does.

All of a sudden I feel so good just speaking about how good God is to us.

Quote Originally Posted by GR
    Truth?

There is one very good recourse.

God "is" watching and listening - FOREVER!

Get down on your knees and pray.

Pray while walking.

Pray while sitting.

Forever praying - not constantly, but forever on your mind, let God know that you need His help.

God is no fool, and He won't ever be used, but He's there for those who love Him and do all they can to follow Him.

It's unbelievable how many times God has come to the rescue of people I know, and myself, when many times we may not have deserved His overwhelming kind "just right" outcome on our behalf.

Nevertheless, God is honorable and He "will" give you the perfect job for you, and find THAT job that "perfect is for you" and not bilingual.

Pray hard, honorably, and with respect to what God stands for, and He will be there to answer in the best way ever.

Hindsight is a great thing to have when you need to remember how many times God made a bad situation turn out to be the very best ever thing that could have happened.

It's amazing!

NEVER forget to give God the glory, honor, and thanks for what He does.

All of a sudden I feel so good just speaking about how good God is to us.
    Every word is true.
    I'm a church going Christian myself. All it takes is for you to believe and have faith and the Lords word will prevail.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast