Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What about Texas? It is not on my voters I.D. card, what affilation I am. It's been so many years since I filled it out, I don't remember if they ever asked. Does anyone know? I was living in Oklahoma when I turned 18 and registered the 1st time. Registered there as Dem. , moved to Texas at 23 and don't remember them asking for party affilation.
    Bush "We will have the most educated american people of America"
    BRILLIANT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Have been a lifetime Republican, but am re-registering "Decline To State" which allows one to vote for anyone in the primary.
    Please tell me how to do this!!
    CW: Check with your local elections dept. about the procedures and rules.
    There is variation at the state level about what the procedure and rules are that govern the process. In OR, you can register as Rep or Dem, or 3rd party, no party, or independent. Also, many state have limitations on if you choose 'Ind' or 'no-party' - then you are often excluded from being able to vote in party primaries. Don't know the specific of Colorado of course...

Good Luck
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Have been a lifetime Republican, but am re-registering "Decline To State" which allows one to vote for anyone in the primary.
    Are you sure about that. I registered "Decline to State" and I wasn't able to vote in the primaries. Be sure to check on that. I had to registered back to Republican to do so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Please tell me how to do this!!
    CW: Check with your local elections dept. about the procedures and rules.
    There is variation at the state level about what the procedure and rules are that govern the process. In OR, you can register as Rep or Dem, or 3rd party, no party, or independent. Also, many state have limitations on if you choose 'Ind' or 'no-party' - then you are often excluded from being able to vote in party primaries. Don't know the specific of Colorado of course...

Good Luck

Phrede maybe that is why is couldn't. I live in CA.

Banned
    I am an Independent. Prior to the '06 election, I had voted mostly as a Democrat. But because of their pro-amnesty position, in '06 I voted for Republican candidates at the state and national level. However, if Republicans refuse to distinguish themselves from the Democrats on the immigration issue and they help pass an amnesty bill, they can forever kiss my vote good-bye. I'll be voting for third party candidates.

Believe me, I will not forget the betrayal of Republicans like Sen. Burr on this issue.

It is very important that people check out their state's election laws before they re-register and before they vote in the primary. In Califorinia, unless I am mistaken, you have to be registered as a Republican for your vote to count in the Republican Primary. So Californians: Register Republican, so we can all help Tom, Duncan, or Ron.

When I first registered in 1996 I registered as an independant, and voted for Ross Perot. Funny thing is, I was much closer to the Republican Party back then. Over the years I have distanced myself from the Repuclican Party, and today see them as little different than the Democrats.

When I registered in San Diego, I mistakenly registered as a Republican. It was at SDSU when I was in college. The registration guy asked me if I wanted to "say go Arnold" (Arnold was then running for governor of California). I said, "uh, sure." Then I saw him circle "Republican" for party affiliation. I shrugged it off at the time, but never really liked to be affiliated with the Republican Party. BUT, I am very happy now that I do not have to re-register to vote for Tom, Duncan, or Ron in the '08 primary
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    It is very important that people check out their state's election laws before they re-register and before they vote in the primary. In Califorinia, unless I am mistaken, you have to be registered as a Republican for your vote to count in the Republican Primary. So Californians: Register Republican, so we can all help Tom, Duncan, or Ron.

When I first registered in 1996 I registered as an independant, and voted for Ross Perot. Funny thing is, I was much closer to the Republican Party back then. Over the years I have distanced myself from the Repuclican Party, and today see them as little different than the Democrats.

When I registered in San Diego, I mistakenly registered as a Republican. It was at SDSU when I was in college. The registration guy asked me if I wanted to "say go Arnold" (Arnold was then running for governor of California). I said, "uh, sure." Then I saw him circle "Republican" for party affiliation. I shrugged it off at the time, but never really liked to be affiliated with the Republican Party. BUT, I am very happy now that I do not have to re-register to vote for Tom, Duncan, or Ron in the '08 primary
    That all seems so strange, we can just decide to vote in what ever primary we want and them go vote in the election how ever we want , I've heard Nevada is like Calif. also. I think I like it out way because I can change my mind every year and never re register.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    That all seems so strange, we can just decide to vote in what ever primary we want and them go vote in the election how ever we want , I've heard Nevada is like Calif. also. I think I like it out way because I can change my mind every year and never re register.
    Whats even stranger is that you can vote across party lines here, they tally it, but they essentially don't count it for the results

I remember this being a big issue in 2000 with Dems who wanted to vote for McLame in the primaries.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Whats even stranger is that you can vote across party lines here, they tally it, but they essentially don't count it for the results

I remember this being a big issue in 2000 with Dems who wanted to vote for McLame in the primaries.
    REALLY!! that doesn't seem right to me.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I have been a Republican voter for 41 years but will change to Independent after my state's primary election. (I'm voting for Tancredo.)I have already told my pro-illegal and open borders Senator that I would do so to protest his and Mr. Bush's welcoming mat for illegal lawbreakers.I always keep my word so I will re-register after our Nov.07 primary.

I never thought I would ever be anything but a Republican and I wouldn't if not for the fact that most of our Republican elected officials are RINOS.They seem to be trying to out-liberal the liberals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast