Thread: Huck Attack

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huck Attack

Huck Attack
    DECEMBER 12, 2007

Mike Huckabee is taking notes from the Howard Dean school of campaigning, pulling a page right from Dean's 'people out there are saying that Bush blew up the World Trade Centers ---and I'm just saying that people are saying it' strategy. Huckabee has an article due out where he is quoted as saying 'don't Mormon's believe that Satan is Jesus' brother?' --well, Huckabee is somewhat of a religious scholar, so for him to play dumb, like he's really searching for the answer from the reporter -- is just silly. This is pure politics and as Glenn is not very happy about this particular attack.

GLENN BECK PROGRAM

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

GLENN: Now, I just want to spend a couple of minutes here on Mike Huckabee who's quickly becoming my favorite human being. He's got a whole article coming out in the New York Times on Sunday where the title of the article is "Don't Mormons Believe that Jesus and the Devil are Brothers." Stu, Stu, are you there?
    GOP Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee

STU: Yes, I'm here.

GLENN: You're not happy, are you?

STU: Well, no, I'm not the one that has anything to do with being happy. I think this is your day to be unhappy, isn't it?

GLENN: I'm totally happy. I finally, we have finally found our candidate for Mullah. I didn't know we were -- I didn't know we were electing a Mullah, but we've apparently, we've got our candidate for Mullah, and I am really, really excited. I can't wait. We've got a guy finally who can say you're Christian but not Christian enough.

STU: Well, Glenn, I think it's not my religion who thinks that the devil and Jesus are hanging out having billiards parties on Tuesdays.

GLENN: Nobody's saying that. By the way, I don't think Jesus plays pool.

STU: No.

GLENN: Oh, was that a little too Baptist of me? I'm sorry. You know, here's the deal. Stu, I don't know if you know this, but you and Hitler are brothers.

STU: Really?

GLENN: Yes.

STU: Is that --

GLENN: Yes.

STU: Is that part of your crazy religion, too, Glenn?

GLENN: That's part of my crazy religion. Yeah, we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, yeah. That's crazy. God -- I hate to quote Paul, but God was the creator of all. So he created Hitler, he created you, we're all children of God.

STU: Who's Paul? A fictional character you made up? Is that it?

GLENN: I just can't take it. I just can't take it. Look, I'm not going to talk to you about theology. I don't care what you believe. Judge a man by his character. Judge a man by his principles. I'd like to hear from the 20,000 people who have attended my Christmas shows and tell me exactly what part of the atonement, what part of Jesus Christ don't I understand. You tell me how I'm not a Christian. If you've attended my Christmas shows, you tell me how I haven't been transformed by a guy who I believe is a savior. So, you know, go ahead. Tell me all you want. You're never going to convince me. It doesn't matter. I don't really care if you think I'm a Christian or not a Christian. You shouldn't care! You should be caring about my happiness, you should be caring about how I live my life, you should be caring about whether or not I am a positive person that is walking in the footsteps of Jesus. But you know what? Muslims aren't Christian. Muslims aren't Christian. Jews aren't Christian, but I would never say, "I don't know if I can trust that Jew in the White House, I don't know if I can trust that Muslim in the White House." I've got to look at the way the man has lived his life. I've got to look at the way the man -- everything the man has said. Has he said things that make me go, wait a minute, hold on, hold on, that doesn't sound like it's good for America.

I don't know what this has to do with fiscal policy. I don't know what this has to do with the war in Iraq. I guess it's just Christians now playing, it's either my theology or no one's theology, it's either, "okay, well, you say you're Christian; okay, well, you say you're Muslim, but how Muslim are you." Do you see what's happening? I swear to you, Mike Huckabee, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I looked in your eyes. I thought you were a decent human being. I still believe you're a decent human being, but I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in anybody in my life.

He does this in the New York Times article -- and by the way, this shouldn't be just Mormons that are upset about this. This should be all Christians -- no, this should be all Americans because when somebody else decides that they want to run for President and they decide you're not Christian enough, you're not good enough, your religion isn't good -- you know we've had Quakers as Presidents? You know we've had Unitarian Universalists as Presidents? By the way, just so you know, I've attended a Unitarian Universalist. I think they're good people. But the guy who was conducting the session or, you know, the -- I have a hard time calling it church because the guy who was a minister was an atheist! He was an atheist. "You know I don't believe in God but if there be a God, we should serve him."

Now, I couldn't relate to that sermon. My wife said to me, "I don't know, I think I need my minister to actually believe there is a God." I'm just sayin'. But do I condemn Unitarian Universalists? No. Do I think they're any less American? No. Do I have a problem with any of them being President? No. Do I want the guy who's being -- who's President of the United States to be a decent human being, to share my values? My values include believing in God. Would I have a problem being President? Depends on the atheist. If it's an atheist like what's his name have "In God we trust" off all the coins. I personally think we need a guy who will fall to his knees and pray, but you know how many Presidents we've had like that? In the last few, very few. Oh, they'll line up to go to church. They'll line up and, you know, hey, look at me, I'm going to church. I don't care if you go to church. I care if you live a decent life. I don't need to see you at church. I need you to be a decent human being. And here's Mike Huckabee doing, I think, some of the most insidious stuff I've ever heard, and you better wake up, America, because you've got a guy who's willing to do anything he has to do anything he has to. He'll use God to stop somebody else who believes in God, just on his God. He'll do anything he has to, but he'll do it in a -- he won't even do it in a full frontal assault. I mean, at least the Mullahs have a spine. At least the Mullahs don't dance around it. At least the Mullahs say, I'm going to chop your head off because you're not Muslim enough. Mike Huckabee doesn't even have that. He'll go into this article from the New York Times and say, "Did you hear? I heard this. I don't know if people are aware of this." And then when the New York Times asks him, "So wait a minute, what does that mean exactly?" "Oh, I don't know. Everybody has to decide for themselves. You know, that's -- you should -- I shouldn't have to defend their faith or explain their faith. Maybe they should."

Are you kidding me? What, are we in the fourth grade? Are we in the fourth grade?

STU: Glenn, at the very least isn't this essentially he's doing that good old classic Howard Dean trick of, look, a lot of people say if Bush was responsible for 9/11. It's out there. I don't know.

GLENN: Exactly, exactly right. I'm not saying, I don't know -- I keep hearing people say this. I mean, I don't know. Did you hear? Did you hear? George Bush was responsible for 9/11.

You know, when Howard Dean first said that, 97% of America was outraged when they heard that. Not just those who had a political axe to grind. They weren't outraged that they said that about George Bush because there's a lot of people who said, oh, well, that's a great one. Yeah, that's a great one. But what they didn't see is the ramifications of that. Now you've got 13% of the American people thinking that the United States of America was responsible for the bringing down of the World Trade Center, 13%. And I'm telling you these people are dangerous. There is twice the number of people that believe the United States of America brought down the World Trade Center here in America, twice the amount of Americans that think that we never landed on the moon. Those nut jobs are only 6%. 13% say this was an inside job. Oh, it was all cool when it was just about politics, but you've given these people credibility. You've given these people credibility and I'm telling you they are some of the most dangerous people in America. These 9/11 Truthers, look out, America.

Now, who would you like to give credibility to today? Who do you want to give credibility to? How else can we tear each other apart? In a time where we all need to be brought together and we need to stop the divisiveness, and this is what I thought I liked about Mike Huckabee. I'm looking for a guy that is not a divider, and you can say all you want, "Oh, I don't divide." Actions speak louder than words. Don't talk to me about your theology. Show me that you understand who Jesus Christ is by living his words, by bringing him into his life.

Hey, Dan?

DAN: Yes.

GLENN: You and I don't agree on theology, do you?

DAN: Not exactly.

GLENN: I mean, your theology is different than my theology. I think you are a good Christian man. Do you think I'm a good Christian man?

DAN: Absolutely I do. Good, good tree bears good fruit, Glenn.

GLENN: I mean, by their fruits ye shall know them.

STU: Yeah, but Dan, how could you think he's a good Christian man when he believes that Jesus and the devil play Pinochle on every alternate Thursday?

GLENN: Jesus doesn't play cards! I'm just playing to my Baptist base. Next thing you know, you'll have Jesus dancing.

I mean, look. You want to believe that -- whatever. I don't care. I don't care. And this is not about theology. This is some of the most unAmerican stuff I have seen. Good God almighty, have we really come to this? With all of the things that we are debating now, you're telling me that a man's Christian faith, whether Mullah Huckabee says that he is Christian enough to run this country, this is really a standard? This is really, this has something to do with our future, if he's Christian enough?

I want you to tell me all the bad Mormons that you've met. Now, I'm sure you've met some. I know I have. Generally they are the people not living the faith, just like I've met bad Lutherans, I've met bad Southern Baptists, I met bad Catholics. But those who live the faith, those who are actually living the faith, I don't know many of them that I think are bad. Some I disagree with but not bad. You name the evil insidious Mormons that you've met. What are we doing to ourselves? Stop dividing ourselves.

Have you heard me, have you heard me take apart another Christian and said, oh, boy, I don't know if they're Christian enough. How dare you. I've got to tell you something. Some of the most hurtful -- it's not -- it's not a slam on me. It's not a slam on my faith. It is truly a slam on the one responsible for me being alive today. There is only one reason I am alive today. There is only one reason that I have changed to the very fiber of my being and that's my brother, Jesus Christ. And it's a slam on him to think that anything else could have changed me. And those okay. You don't believe it, that's fine. I just don't know what it has to do with fiscal policy. I just don't know what it has to do with Medicare. I don't know what it has to do with fighting the war. I don't know what it has to do with anything other than it's a great whisper campaign, and shame on you, Mike Huckabee. Shame on you.

I haven't endorsed a candidate. Dan, you know what, I've got to tell you. You damn near made me endorse Mitt Romney in spite of you, just to spite you. But I'm not in the third grade. Apparently you are. I'm not. I'll make my decision on who I'm going to vote for for President and who I would endorse, like it means anything. I don't expect anybody to think that, oh, wow, Glenn's endorsed him; that's a big deal. But I'm going to make it as informed as I possibly can. I'm going to do as much as I can, as much homework to find out what really matters, who is this guy? Who are these candidates?

Do you know what's stopping me from making a decision on people? Do you know why I lean towards Mitt Romney? I don't lean towards Mitt Romney because of his faith because you know who else is in my faith? Harry Reid. So that means nothing to me. That doesn't tell you how to vote, you know, politically.

"Did you hear? The church would be running the country." Oh, yeah, sure would. Yep, seems to be doing a good job, those evil conservative Mormons, with Harry Reid. So I'm going to make my decision not based on religion. I'm going to make it on the man. I lean towards Mitt Romney because I watch his family. I know his family and I know the people around him. That's why I lean towards him. I lean against him because I look at some of his policies. I look at Rudy Giuliani and I lean towards him because of some of his policies. I also lean against him because of some of his policies but I also look at his family. What are the fruits of his life. Who is the man. And the reason why I think we have to look at the man, not his theology, not his card, what church do I go to, not just his record, but I need to look at the man because I really, truly believe we're entering a period where things are going to happen faster and faster and the President has got to feel something in the core of his being. That's why I say I need a guy who has fire in the belly, who knows what he believes 100% without a doubt to the core of his soul, knows what he believes, why he believes it because the man is going to be asked for a snap decision and that snap decision could kill hundreds of millions of people. It could free hundreds of millions of people, and he's only going to have one shot at it. At some point in our nation's future somebody in that office is going to be asked, Mr. President, I need an answer now, and he better know what the hell that answer is, and it better be rooted in something that you and I believe in and that is values, principles. How did the man live his life? How does he make decisions? What's his family like? Is he in control?

END TRANSCRIPT
    http://www.glennbeck.com/news/12122007.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, I am glad that Huckabilly got Beck riled up over this.

I think that Beck really does support Romney----not because he is Mormon----but because he is the only top-tier candidate who is coming out so strong in regard to the illegal invasion.

Huckabilly screwed himself by making these statements against Mormons----as it took away from him being the "decent", "religious", man that he is trying to portray himself as-----and makes him look like a sleazy liar.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Yes, I am glad that Huckabilly got Beck riled up over this.

I think that Beck really does support Romney----not because he is Mormon----but because he is the only top-tier candidate who is coming out so strong in regard to the illegal invasion.

Huckabilly screwed himself by making these statements against Mormons----as it took away from him being the "decent", "religious", man that he is trying to portray himself as-----and makes him look like a sleazy liar.
    He is going to have more serious problems defending his
    statements to day the he has the endorsment of the minutemen

I hope he has a bottle of "jesus juice" ready to go with his heaping helping of crow