Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hume to Conservatives: Get Off McCain's Back

Sorry Brit Hume! I'll never forget McCain's pro-amnesty stance nor can I ever trust him!

Hume to Conservatives: Get Off McCain's Back
    Photo of Mark Finkelstein.
    By Mark Finkelstein | March 2, 2008 - 10:29 ET

Brit Hume has some blunt advice for conservatives: lay off McCain if you don't want a Dem president.

At the very end of today's Fox News Sunday panel segment, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol was first to make an argument along similar lines.

BILL KRISTOL: I'm more conservative than John McCain but I think it would be a mistake for him to just make himself into an orthodox conservative in this election. The reason he is a stronger candidate than a lot of other Republicans would be is that he is a little bit heterodox. He's got his own views, he shouldn't back off on that, I think, actually.

Hume then drove the point home in spades.

BRIT HUME: And if the conservatives don't want a President Obama or a President Clinton, they ought to get off McCain's back and let him campaign as whatever he wants to, and campaign from the center.

What do NB readers think? Smart realpolitik from Kristol and Hume, or an unwarranted call to concede on important principles?
    http://tinyurl.com/3yuyaq

McCain still has alot of work to do before he wins my conservative vote (such as firmly and publicly committing to enforcement of existing immigration laws and no form of any amnesty).

Until then, it's a big mistake to think people such as myself will hold my nose and vote for McCain because of fear of far left candidates such as Obama.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Brit Hume has some blunt advice for conservatives: lay off McCain if you don't want a Dem president.
    I don't see the difference myself. McAmnesty is as liberal as either Clinton or Obama and if Ted Kennedy could he would be standing behind McAmnesty as an endorser as well as endorsing Obama.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, yea, just forget everything. Forget what he tried to do.

That's VERY hard to do. I've TRIED it and it isn't working for me.

He (McCain) is going to have to figure out how to heal the distrust that exists throughout the Republican Party regarding him.

This is his job to fix, not ours.

The way I see it;

(These comments by NO WAY are in support of McCain, rather it’s an attempt at trying to salvage as much of America as we can from this co-called election.)

Point number one: One of the three pro-amnesty boneheads are going make it to office of the president, we cannot stop that. We just cant, short of an armed revolution, and that isn’t going to happen. (Sorry to the others running, but it’s just not going to work for you)

Point number two: I ask you which one of the three boneheads would give a conservative 3 seconds of time? And just maybe may feel a little pressure to at least listen to us. (A little hope is better then none at all in by book)

Point number three: Even after his amnesty bill of last June, McCain dose exhibit some possible points of entry into his debate from the conservatives base. He is trying to win the conservatives back. It may be a small opening, but it is more then we get from other two, which is not an iota of hope.

I guess what I’m trying to say, is that our smallest of hopes are really with McCain. Even as small is it is, we need to recognize it’s the ONLY hope we have, and should try to protect it. Yes, which dose means making McCain the winner out of the inevitable* three. The longer the Republicans take to coalesce**, the more support Hillary or Obama will build up, which is an automatic against us.

As long as we are talking hope here is another possibility: What if McCain did “see the lightâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

MadInChicago, I cannot believe what you are saying because as I've been doing spring cleaning today, I have been thinking about a lot of things regarding all of this.

I have some ideas too and they are very in line to what you've indicated here, I think. I do not have time to be specific right now, but tonight or tomorrow I will be back to share these ideas which have occurred to me today.

I am open to what you are saying regarding the possibility of a "small opening".

Right now, if all we have is a small opening I believe that if we are smart we will attempt to use that "small opening" to help us in our cause and our crusade to convince our leaders that our laws must be upheld for the sake of this country.

A lot of people might say, "What are they talking about....supporting McCain?!! I will NEVER do that!"

Before jumping to quick judgement regarding this apparent sign of some hope which I believe that MadInChicago sees and I think that I might see, please let us discuss this.

I'll be back at my soonest possiblility to return and then I will explain these ideas which I have had today.

Let me just say that it focuses on a positive approach and an approach which might give us all some hope, especially if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    MadInChicago, I cannot believe what you are saying because as I've been doing spring cleaning today, I have been thinking about a lot of things regarding all of this.

I have some ideas too and they are very in line to what you've indicated here, I think. I do not have time to be specific right now, but tonight or tomorrow I will be back to share these ideas which have occurred to me today.

I am open to what you are saying regarding the possibility of a "small opening".

Right now, if all we have is a small opening I believe that if we are smart we will attempt to use that "small opening" to help us in our cause and our crusade to convince our leaders that our laws must be upheld for the sake of this country.

A lot of people might say, "What are they talking about....supporting McCain?!! I will NEVER do that!"

Before jumping to quick judgement regarding this apparent sign of some hope which I believe that MadInChicago sees and I think that I might see, please let us discuss this.

I'll be back at my soonest possiblility to return and then I will explain these ideas which I have had today.

Let me just say that it focuses on a positive approach and an approach which might give us all some hope, especially if it works.
    LegalUSCitizen, I am looking forward to this future posting you speak of.

If I may interject – please review your signature; “UNITED WE STAND!â€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I'm not just going to lie down and give up. As long as there is one slim possibility of a borkered convention I'll not vote for the scumbag McAmnesty. I'm not as stupid as all the Republican followers that don't know that they can do something else! There is still hope...don't put the gun to your head yet and push the wrong button!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

Memo to Brit Hume: That tired old song, just doesn't work anymore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast