Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So in other words, instead of bumping the original existing thread - renewing a discussion by previous members and honoring their work and thread...just create another one?

Am I the only one here who cares about respecting the work of others and giving them their credit and due by bumping their old threads - instead of posting a dupe?

I also care about trying to keep the forums reasonably clean and easy to peruse - and of course saving William's disk space.

Has a new rule been created?

"Duplicates are allowed and even encouraged in order to welcome newcomers to ALIPAC and encourage getting along and sparing each other hurts feeling and the like..."

I certainly hope not...I like to think that adults don't need their hands held nor need to be told who their friends are and aren't...

What attracted me to ALIPAC was the following:

1. A central repository of news and articles on illegal immigration and its effects.
    2. A serious discussion of the news and articles as well as user experiences via the forum.
    3. A serious discussion of the news and articles where it relates to political activism.

What DID NOT attract me to ALIPAC was an Alice in Wonderland exercise in mustard tasting just for the sake of participating and getting along in a social clique.

Ill be blunt:

Illegal Immigration = The Issue
    Anger and Fustration With = The Glue
    Activism Against It = The Shared Goal

Now I'll drive the point home:

What happens when you replace "Anger and Fustration With = The Glue" with "Socially Getting Along = The Glue" either entirely OR partially?

Thing about previous professional and non-professional environments that you worked in the past that were hellish...

Think I've said enough...

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Quote Originally Posted by mrrabbit
    So in other words, instead of bumping the original existing thread - renewing a discussion by previous members and honoring their work and thread...just create another one
    honoring someones work???? as if this is original.
    this has been going around the internet and emails for months,.

Hell even i got it in email about five or six months ago.
    i have no problem seeing it posted again as a new post because
    its been so long since i have read it

I enjoy it everytime I read it and it is as close to the truth as you can get too ! TY for sharing it again
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrabbit
    So in other words, instead of bumping the original existing thread - renewing a discussion by previous members and honoring their work and thread...just create another one?

Am I the only one here who cares about respecting the work of others and giving them their credit and due by bumping their old threads - instead of posting a dupe?

I also care about trying to keep the forums reasonably clean and easy to peruse - and of course saving William's disk space.

Has a new rule been created?

"Duplicates are allowed and even encouraged in order to welcome newcomers to ALIPAC and encourage getting along and sparing each other hurts feeling and the like..."

I certainly hope not...I like to think that adults don't need their hands held nor need to be told who their friends are and aren't...

What attracted me to ALIPAC was the following:

1. A central repository of news and articles on illegal immigration and its effects.
    2. A serious discussion of the news and articles as well as user experiences via the forum.
    3. A serious discussion of the news and articles where it relates to political activism.

What DID NOT attract me to ALIPAC was an Alice in Wonderland exercise in mustard tasting just for the sake of participating and getting along in a social clique.

Ill be blunt:

Illegal Immigration = The Issue
    Anger and Fustration With = The Glue
    Activism Against It = The Shared Goal

Now I'll drive the point home:

What happens when you replace "Anger and Fustration With = The Glue" with "Socially Getting Along = The Glue" either entirely OR partially?

Thing about previous professional and non-professional environments that you worked in the past that were hellish...

Think I've said enough...

=
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

ENJOYED THIS SO MUCH

It is so easy to duplicate: there are the self-inflicted ones, search and not find, and sometimes issues get more attention done a different way with different words.

For example with the different words above: Just recently someone did a duplicate of one of mine, but their's was getting so much more hit and I was so happy this article was getting attention that I may have linked it to my title so everyone would read all postings.

Overall, I think everyone does a wonderful job with their post. And I do not find anyone being abusive of others; and I have read many post.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I may not agree with mrrabbit's tact but he is right in regards to duplicating efforts. Duplicates are going to happen, I realize that. However, they should be avoided when possible. The original thread can always be brought back to the top.

Nothing personal, Emanon. I too have accidently made duplicate posts before.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This post is sooo funny & true and like SOSAD said newbies have not seen it so I vote to make this the exception to the duplicate post rule and vote to post it once a WEEK and besides who is it hurting.If you are tired of reading it and laughing then don't read it again.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I've already suggested to several moderators the following:

1. Create a forum titled something along the line of:

"Creative and Ingenious Stories and Legends"

2. Move 1 each of existing thread to that forum - locked.
    3. Post a rule requiring new ones when discovered to be posted there.
    4. Post a rules requiring that ALIPACs name NOT be used when passing them on via email...
    5. First a warning...
    6. Then some type of further action...

Benefits:

1. It results in each story being in a separate identifiable forum that would likely only have several pages at most. I.e., newbies and oldies alike will know right where they are.

2. Prevents the obvious duplicates and crud that results elsewhere.

Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Is there a link to this? Where did this originate?

Actually I posted this same thing this morning and got a major tongue lashing from our self appointed resident "Dupe Ranger" mrwabbit:

Also it qualifies as promoting SPAM:

1. The story and unknown source reference keeps changing.
    2. Each time it is posted, our members fail to indicate who or where they got it from.

When you pass creative or ingenious stories around that are not sourced, or what amounts to urban legend - THAT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO PASS IT AROUND - you are participating in SPAM.

Should anyone pass it on by adding something like "Look what I saw at ALIPAC" in the subject or body - not only will ISPs tired of seeing this clog their mail server implement a block on the content alone - but they will also lookup ALIPAC known associated DNS information and institute a DNS block with anti-spam services.

The ISPs who do so effectively block their users - who might be Alipac member awaiting bonified Alipac email alerts - from receiving them.

This harms Alipac's ability to effectively alert members of upcoming needed action via email.

Moderators - please lock or delete this thread entirely.
    How many times do I have to scream, "DUPLICATE!!!"?

Just did it 3 weeks ago...a couple weeks before that...and about a month before that...

Sincerely,

The Nasty Screaming Dupe Monster
    Why get your undies in such a bunch over it? Pass over it and get over it if you don't want to read it again! This trollish behaviour of yours is getting old and needs to STOP! TROLLS like YOU are what make ALIPAC lose credibility in my opinion. Chill out!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast