Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Under the Federal Election Campaign Act, a party that receives five percent of the popular vote qualifies for federal matching funds for the next election. Something to keep in mind if one doesn't see a good candidate in the republican or democrat party.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    No THANK YOU... I'LL VOTE FOR AN ILLEGAL ALIEN FIRST
    Me Too!

You don't have to vote for Hillary Greg, she will carry California anyway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Under the Federal Election Campaign Act, a party that receives five percent of the popular vote qualifies for federal matching funds for the next election. Something to keep in mind if one doesn't see a good candidate in the republican or democrat party.
    Yes, this should be our strategy. In a different thread I mistakenly said that the 5% would get your candidate in the debates. But I think it is more. Apropos, do you know how many votes it takes to get into the debates? We need to start making those baby steps at the formation of a Third Party.

Man, whatever happened to the Reform Party They had I think 9% in 96. That means that Pat Buchanan had the federal matching funds in 2000. Too bad it didn't help him much God......we had our Third Party back then. They were right on the issues too. They just came before people cared about issues like immigration, globalism, and lobbying
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

My point is that I belive it would be easier to fight amnesty from Hillary than it would be for us to fight another Republican. It is not that I support Hillary. When I see mcCain my stomach turns and I start to feel ill.

I'm just thinking in a situation where we loose with either candidate, I might just choose who I think it would be easier to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by greginLA
    My point is that I belive it would be easier to fight amnesty from Hillary than it would be for us to fight another Republican.
    That I agree with, it would be easier to stop amnesty with Hillary than McCain.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Definitely agree that fighting amnesty with Hillary will be easier as R's will unite. Our issue is illegal immigration, McSlime will NOT get my vote and I may just pull the lever for, gasp, Hillary.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I am with her, if McCain wins nomination I am voting for hillary. As much as I hate her, I hate McCain more.......
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    do you know how many votes it takes to get into the debates?
    The following guidelines were posted for the 2004 presidential debates:

2004 Nonpartisan Selection Criteria
    http://www.debates.org/pages/candsel2004.html

The CPD's nonpartisan criteria for selecting candidates to participate in its 2004 general election presidential debates are:

1. Evidence of Constitutional Eligibility

The CPD's first criterion requires satisfaction of the eligibility requirements of Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution. The requirements are satisfied if the candidate:

a. is at least 35 years of age;
    b. is a Natural Born Citizen of the United States and a resident of the United States for fourteen years; and
    c. is otherwise eligible under the Constitution.

2. Evidence of Ballot Access

The CPD's second criterion requires that the candidate qualify to have his/her name appear on enough state ballots to have at least a mathematical chance of securing an Electoral College majority in the 2004 general election. Under the Constitution, the candidate who receives a majority of votes in the Electoral College, at least 270 votes, is elected President regardless of the popular vote.

3. Indicators of Electoral Support

The CPD's third criterion requires that the candidate have a level of support of at least 15% (fifteen percent) of the national electorate as determined by five selected national public opinion polling organizations, using the average of those organizations' most recent publicly reported results at the time of the determination.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12