Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigration: a Phillipino viewpoint

I talked to a great guy from the Phillipines today (yes, he's here LEGALLY). He supported the idea of a fenced, militarized, controlled border w/Mexico. Additionally he had this to say about hispanics/latinos: "They want the U.S. all for themselves." and "We can't just let them ALL in." He also said that at least Phillipinos (Filipinos? which is the correct spelling) don't smuggle TONS of drugs into the US every MONTH.

What I really liked about this guy is that:

i. he bothered to learn English
    ii. he came here LEGALLY
    iii. he doesn't demand affirmative action/preferential hiring treatment (even though filipinos are a CLEAR minority when compared to hispanics/latinos)
    iv he didn't demand bilingual education for filipinos.

In my opinion, this guy is what America is all about. These are the kind of immigrants who make the US great.

Maybe I should've told him about ALIPAC!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Those points are the differences between legal and illegal immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Those points are the differences between legal and illegal immigrants
    Yep. Those grateful to be here and those demanding things they don't deserve.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sam-you totally should have told him about Alipac! I have heard the same thing from a guy from Laos about how this country is being ruined.

I have noticed that MOST legal immigrants share our illegal immigration platform...in fact they are even more outraged because they went through the legal channels. IMO, if ANY legal immigrant takes the side of the illegal invaders...he should have his citizenship revoked! You are an AMERICAN first and always!! Citizenship is a privilege...not a RIGHT!

I'll see him one more time. I'll try to tell him then. His english isn't perfect, but his attitude is great!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbaby
    Sam-you totally should have told him about Alipac! I have heard the same thing from a guy from Laos about how this country is being ruined.

legal immigrants have a right to be upset

Of course legal immigrants must be very upset about the illegal immigration from Mexico. Not only is it simply the wrong thing to do, it is so huge and overwhelming.
    People, who haven't lived in the western states where illegal immigrants from Mexico are thick, don't understand how huge this problem is. Twenty years ago I went to visit friends in California, in a rather newly developed suburb of L.A., they had purchased a hundred fifty thousand dollar house (remember it was 20 years ago). A few years later, the house next door had illegal immigrants "hotbedding", ten to twenty people slept while ten to twenty people on the opposite shift worked, and then the sleeping arrangements were reversed. So, this house had 20 to 40 people crashing in it, next door to my friends house. Now, as in Hazelton Pa. the immigrants are migrating eastward and citizens living in the towns and cities there are freaking out.
    Legal immigration is controlled for many reasons, just as illegal immigration is NOT controlled for many reasons. The difference is that illegal immigration is for the benefit of corporations and businesses, and not for good of the country as a whole.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    I have noticed that MOST legal immigrants share our illegal immigration platform...in fact they are even more outraged because they went through the legal channels.

Legal immigrants, after the financial and emotional investment they have made, should be at the forefront of the battle to restore law and order to the immigration scene. Legal immigrants can say it best to the others who want to be Americans:

"We followed the rules;
    Now YOU follow us!"
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Re: legal immigrants have a right to be upset

What a story. I'll bet this did wonders for their property values.

Quote Originally Posted by changes
    Twenty years ago I went to visit friends in California, in a rather newly developed suburb of L.A., they had purchased a hundred fifty thousand dollar house (remember it was 20 years ago). A few years later, the house next door had illegal immigrants "hotbedding", ten to twenty people slept while ten to twenty people on the opposite shift worked, and then the sleeping arrangements were reversed. So, this house had 20 to 40 people crashing in it, next door to my friends house. Now, as in Hazelton Pa. the immigrants are migrating eastward and citizens living in the towns and cities there are freaking out.
    Legal immigration is controlled for many reasons, just as illegal immigration is NOT controlled for many reasons. The difference is that illegal immigration is for the benefit of corporations and businesses, and not for good of the country as a whole.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar

Re: legal immigrants have a right to be upset

Quote Originally Posted by changes
    Of course legal immigrants must be very upset about the illegal immigration from Mexico. Not only is it simply the wrong thing to do, it is so huge and overwhelming.
    People, who haven't lived in the western states where illegal immigrants from Mexico are thick, don't understand how huge this problem is. Twenty years ago I went to visit friends in California, in a rather newly developed suburb of L.A., they had purchased a hundred fifty thousand dollar house (remember it was 20 years ago). A few years later, the house next door had illegal immigrants "hotbedding", ten to twenty people slept while ten to twenty people on the opposite shift worked, and then the sleeping arrangements were reversed. So, this house had 20 to 40 people crashing in it, next door to my friends house. Now, as in Hazelton Pa. the immigrants are migrating eastward and citizens living in the towns and cities there are freaking out.
    OOO....boy come to New York sometime.... Long Island has been flooded with illegals from Mexico, Central America, and some Island nations in the Gulf/Caribbean for almost 10 years plus.... I have seen illegals as high as Newburgh/Beacon NY and bad there too. When I drove my old truck route up there I talked to my companies other office workers and they talked about how bad it became in there town in the last 3 years and that was 5 years ago!!! Another nice town in New York, Mount Kisco has the same problems too... That is just New York!

I live on Long Island and we have lots of illegal immigrant issue....damn a movie was made about a town here (Farmingville, trust me it hasn't been a farm since the early 1900's!), the movie site http://www.farmingvillethemovie.com/. I can imagine what Cali is like being right there, but it seems that New York is there second choice area to ruin, over-populate, and turn into a crime haven!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul