Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm undecided!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brownback waited until he saw that the vote was going to fail before he voted No and I believe McConnell did the same thing. Both need watching and it would not hurt to vote them out. Say thank you for the no vote but remember that they voted no only after the bill was failing.

It is time for us to take back our government and have it represent Americans and legal immigrants. We are not going to agree on everything but the people should be represented.

Case by case is good - but remember some of this was electioneering.
    I am glad they did it - but that doesn't mean they will vote that way next time. WE should show them we appreciate it.

If, a candidate has shown support for the enforcement of our laws all along, then keep him/her.

If they have just become 'enlightened' lately, keep an eye on them.

Otherwise, vote them out - all of them.

Let's don't get in the Rep/Dem way of thinking again. Remember, even the those who voted against this in the crunch, and God Bless then, have probably been in there some time. They have had more than enough time to have done something before now.

How many have been against this all along, like Tancredo. Remember when he was 'persona non grata' to all the elites in Washington? Yet, he stood his ground and spoke the truth. Are there others like that?

Let's don't let this divide us along so-called party lines again. There really are no parties up there -

We can disagree on ideas, welfare, education, the environment - but the big things that will sink our country - like immigration, outsourcing, one-sided trade deals, etc. seem to just march right on and get done - with bi-partisan effort - and only token rhetoric.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Brownback waited until he saw that the vote was going to fail before he voted No and I believe McConnell did the same thing. Both need watching and it would not hurt to vote them out. Say thank you for the no vote but remember that they voted no only after the bill was failing.

It is time for us to take back our government and have it represent Americans and legal immigrants. We are not going to agree on everything but the people should be represented.
    Exactly Beckyal!! McConnell jumped ship at the last minute when he new it was going down, I don't believe for one minute if the vote was going the other way he would have turned against the people in his state, If he or anyone else is up for re-election who was for this bill they should be voted out. We are going to be in big trouble in and after 2008 on the illegal immigration issue if we do not get the right people in office.

As Dixie said we have 15 months to scrutinize all canidates, just remember most Dems are on the side of illegals because of votes! They did not take enough flak over this issue.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

It is Harry Reid that is Blasting that the Dems are the ones standing up for this in his own words , I just heard him on CSPAN less than an hour ago. So if the Dems of America don't agree with the Dems in washington then they need to call Mr. Reid and tell him to speak for himself on this issue cause they ain't with him ! I know that there is Bad ones on both sides but we have to give credit where credit is due and that is with the Senators (Dems or Repub) that voted how the People of America wanted.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    It is Harry Reid that is Blasting that the Dems are the ones standing up for this in his own words , I just heard him on CSPAN less than an hour ago. So if the Dems of America don't agree with the Dems in washington then they need to call Mr. Reid and tell him to speak for himself on this issue cause they ain't with him ! I know that there is Bad ones on both sides but we have to give credit where credit is due and that is with the Senators (Dems or Repub) that voted how the People of America wanted.
    DITTO Patriotic, there are bad ones on both sides.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

we should not be rewarding weasels like McConnell and Brownback.

they were both pro Amnesty all the way until they realized how bad it would make them look in the end. we got these jerks to chicken out.

that is not behavior that is worthy of any kind of reward of constituent loyalty.

what you should do is replace McConnell (and all these other last minute weasels) with a real conservative whom you know would never consider amnesty.

Re: I'm undecided!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Sen. McConnell stayed hid all day, yesterday. But he finally voted the right way. Should I thank him and then vote him out....or forget him altogether and vote him out?
    Here is what I've heard. It is second hand from someone who was there for the vote (up in the gallery, not a senator).

Once it was certain that there would not be 60 votes for cloture, in other words at that point in the vote when our side reached 40 "nays" in the talley , a lot of senators who would have voted yes if needed, fled the good ship SB 1639 like rats. Many were facing primaries back home and they sure as hell didn't want a YES vote to be on their record. This included some democrats as well.

IMHO McConnell and Brownback are little cowards, but what the hey, they voted right and you can bet Jeff Sessions was glad to have their votes no matter what the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Well, my 0.02 cents...

A by-product of all this mess is that we have found there are decent Democrats willing and able to do the right thing (and the not-so-good ones). At the same time, there are Republicans that are not worth a poop on the issue as well (and, of course, many good ones).

Support the good ones, and don't support the bad ones - party affiliation or labels can be helpful sometimes, but to me, it's the qualities of the individual that matters...
    I agree with you PhredE. I think we have problems on both sides of the aisle. BUT, IMHO, liberals (not all, but in general), are the ones who consistently push for things that take more of our rights away. Bush has been a nightmare, but how would Kerry have been?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Moosetracks:I am a Kentucky Republican voter that has been a reliable voter for that party for over 40 years.Trust me when I say I have had it with both parties.They're both too big for their britches.(no pun intended.)

I am going to register Independent so that I will be beholding to no party in the future.Both parties have themselves,potential votes,and big business as their primary priorities.(In that order.)I know that Lou Dobbs is urging everyone to register Independent so as to have a pox on both parties.Each person has to make up their own mind,but as for me mine has been made up for several months and I have picked my up change card.

Mr.McConnell was instrumental in reviving the amnesty bill and but for his encouragement the bill was dead two weeks ago.He saw the writing on the wall as the calls,faxes,and e-mails began piling up and decided to abandon ship and clear the decks.For what it's worth,I believe that if enough of us change to Independent,both parties will have to vie for our votes,thereby increasing the probability of listening to our concerns.When polls are taken,for instance,most pollsters are extremely interested in how Independents feel about the issues.I'd like to see us as the majority in the elections.That way the Dems and Repubs wouldn't know which lies would garner the most votes.They would be left rudderless and confused.

I agree that this has given us a good tool to use to guage
    these politicians. Hillary and Obama both voted YES
    for this bill. I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast