Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Working in Silicon Valley for 20 years I have to say I am used to people from India (I guess from everywhere). I think the rest of the U.S. is just now dealing with what has been happening here in California for years.

Having worked and lived by people from India, I have to say I really have never found any reason to be angry with them.

Most people from India originally (I don't know about now) had to meet high immigration standards. India had a good educational system - so most had graduated from college. I have been told by Indian's that there are so many dialects in India that English is the only way they can communicate with each other.

They make great neighbors, very clean and respectful. They are very family oriented and make sure that their children assimilate into the American culture while teaching them the Indian culture.

I have noticed at some of the small stores and gas stations that they buy that the husband is there working 7 days a week. It is not unusual to see their wife and child behind the counter visiting with them.

No, I don't really begrudge them, they are here legally, working hard, speaking English. They benefit America like the immigrants of old. They are not making demands, living off taxpayers or trying to change America into another country.

Is anyone other than me getting these strange telemarketing phone calls from people with Indian accents so bad you can't understand them? I'm getting 10-20 of these a day. Needless to say, I'm getting rather irate.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I have heard that in the UK they have been trying to save their collapsing health care systems by importing doctors and nurses among others from India. But the problem is that schools in India aren't generally very good so the health personal from there is unable to use proper English and they education in health matters are weak.

What is of course big problem when you have to heal people and to harm them. The story in IT branch is very similar as far as I know.

But the main issue here is the social dumping. Indian culture is very old and we should respect them but this shouldn't be a reason to allow business interests and hard left haters of our culture to use them as a tool against us.

I have no problem with immigrants from India. I have no problem with immigrants from Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Philippines, Korea, Ethiopia, Kenya... I don't want Muslims, I don't want Chinese, and I don't want Spanish speaking. Do I get to vote?

When they came to force the computer programmers out of their jobs here in Silicon Valley many didn't stop there. I lived in an apartment complex and they wanted my apartment because it was close to public transportation.

They were very nice to my face.

They tried to make my life a living hell after the lights would go out. One would make a loud bang on the ceiling every night about the time I would enter REM sleep.

Some to the side would turn on the stereo and turn the speakers against the wall when they would hear me go to bed.

I ended up being the one ask to leave after about 14 years in the complex.

I didn't like it.

I'm sure the kids that paid to train as computer programmers didn't like be forced out of their jobs and out of their city!

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    Is anyone other than me getting these strange telemarketing phone calls from people with Indian accents so bad you can't understand them? I'm getting 10-20 of these a day. Needless to say, I'm getting rather irate.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

We have reached 'critical mass' here in L.A. Indians are taking over the health care jobs...nurses, aides, home health care, etc. I had to hire in-home nursing for my father a couple of years ago through a nursing agency, and ALL of the nurses (male and female) were Indian! It was my first experience with in-home care...and I was extremely disappointed in the lack of 'caring'. They were all very efficient...but robotic. There was a lack of warmth and caring...they performed their duties perfunctorily...but they lacked compassion. Very cold and unfriendly.

Thanks, StokeyBob. I had heard of this several times when I was on the run, but I never got to take down the info.

I have it printed out and will make good use of it... before I break my phone by slamming it down.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

AE

If they are here legally and obeying our laws daily, and being productive members of this society, they are welcomed to me.

I held a rally in downtown Portland a couple of years back, and three Indian people (a man and two women) walked by and spoke up stating they were behind ud in this fight against illegal immigration. I was very glad to hear that they felt it was an important issue, the rule of law.

I have also found that all of the people from India I have met, are very respectful of our laws. Sure there can be some who do not, but I have felt that was a much smaller number than not.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I have also found that all of the people from India I have met, are very respectful of our laws. Sure there can be some who do not, but I have felt that was a much smaller number than not.
    They may be more cultured than others, but they still need to abide by our laws including immigration and visa laws. And if they are displacing American workers that should stop. We simply cannot be the "convenience store" for all of the world's billions.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast