Quote Originally Posted by sarum
Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
A while back I remember reading something about the U.S. and Mexico NOT WANTING to have a wall between them for trade reasons. In other words, we build a wall, commerce/trade suffers. Therefore, no decent wall has ever been built.

Felipe Calderón, President of Mexico, in an Oct. 26, 2006 CTV (Canadian national broadcast news) article titled "Mexico Urges Canada to Help Oppose Border Fence," stated:
"It is deplorable to go ahead with this decision of the wall at the border...The wall will not solve any problem.
Humanity made a huge mistake by building the Berlin Wall and I believe that today the United States is committing a grave error in building the wall on our border. It is much more useful to solve common problems and foster prosperity in both countries."
More details: http://immigration.procon.org/view.answ ... nID=000778

Well let them foster their prosperity and let us try to recoup ours. And as for their lies, they also said that they would never damage our relations by allowing Islamic terrorists into the U.S. through Mexico. They assured us that their people would report them.

Lots of people in border towns have a problem because the Mexicans do like to come and shop on this side of the line - after they go to their PO Boxes and pick up their entitlements - used to be FoodStamps - now I don't know how they do it - recharge the card? The politicians in border areas have a huge conflict because many people on this side are of Mexican descent and are involved with people on the other side of the line.

But talk about the hate. We have a young relative who lives in Mexico. His entire grade school and high school education has been paid for by his family here. All these years he has been coming across the line every day for a private school education. Yet the hate that he has been taught is such that he has never come to meet his U.S. family that paid for his private education - also Mexican - but US citizens. He is 17 now.
Sounds like it's time to cut that little ingrate off!