Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Interesting comment excerpted from Tuscon Citizen paper

Interesting comment posted in response to an article about Migrant (illegal alien) deaths in the desert in the Tuscon Citizen newspaper:
    http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/59726.php

Comment by Roger M. (Sep23) — August 9,2007 @ 9:38AM

I have nothing against honest hard-working hispanics. But I am opposed to illegal immigration because it's not fair to the rest of us who obey our country's laws, including legal immigrants. There is a big mis-conception that illegal immigrants have no choice but to come here in order to survive. Nothing could be farther from the truth. And as another poster recently stated, even if that were true it doesn't justify disregarding our immigration laws. Two wrongs don't make it right.

I personally lived in Mexico for two years when I was younger, and am familiar with their culture and values. I lived in a very poor rural farming community where modern luxuries were non-existent but the basic neccesities of life were in abundance. There was plenty of food, clothing, and the standard of life was quite adequate. I also met many people who were satisfied with this and had no desire to come to the U.S. Yes, it's true, these people do exist and I've known them.

The ones who come to our country illegaly do so because they desire the materialistic riches we have which are not as easily attainable in Mexico. Nobody HAS to come here, they do so by CHOICE. Interestingly, I met some people in Mexico who had spent brief periods of time here and returned home because they prefered the simple life in Mexico to the fast-paced materialistic culture of America.

It is primarily the younger people who love material things and money that want to come here in order to get their "piece of the pie". In fact, they idolize these things so much that they are willing to chance their own life in the desert to get them. Our pro-illegal alien media has portrayed them as poor helpless refugees who are driven here by the injustices in Mexico.
    Well, I have news for you. This is a LIE.

Who do you see in the shopping malls, driving flashy vehicles, and buying designer products ? Is it not the hispanics ? It's like a friend once told me, "they love this world and everything in it". They want the American dream, and they want it with a vengeance.

The illegal border crossers don't care if they have to break the law in order to get it. And these SELFISH law-breakers also don't care what consequences they bring with this. They are destroying our health care system, our welfare system, and are making it difficult for honest working Americans to compete with their cheap labor force. Anyone who can't see what these people are doing to our country must be totally blind, ignorant, or both. What is appauling, is the number of people who not only condone these illegal border crossers but do everything they can to help them, both politically and otherwise. And when somebody speaks out against this, they are called "racist", "prejudiced", and all sorts of other names. If ever there was a reversed perception of reality, this is it folks !!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Well that explains it. I always wondered why the illegals were/are young. If they had to come here, we'd even see the elderly, but that's not the case in my area.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I can surely see that, I see them spend more than anyone I know, yet are willing to live in a run-down crummy apartment. Never made sense to me.

Here's something along that line. Where we live, we are the only American family (just happened over time). This one kid, who came here illegally as a toddler with his parents, is friends with my son. He once told my son, in referance to us not being able to buy a new car, that ALL Americans are rich and can buy anything they want!!!

My son laughed and asked where he got that idea from? This kid told him "everyone knows that". My son informed him that this was terribly wrong and that many Americans can hardly feed their families at times. This kid could not understand how this was true, and asked why. My son did tell him that there were too many people taking jobs from Americans!!

I was shocked at this, him telling his friend that, and when I asked what his reaction was, this kid did not really say anything, he just looked a little confused. Food for thought maybe?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)