Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It's Going To Get Hot In Idaho!!

The fight is about to begin, so be ready, ALIPACer's! Idaho Senator Mike Jorgenson is getting ready to introduce his employer enforcement bill to the members of the Idaho State Affairs Committee on Friday. I've been helping him as much as I can. I got on the radio with him today on a local AM station out of Boise on the Nate Shellman Show. It was a last minute decision to call in. I sent this letter below to every Idaho legislator and I got this letter back from Representative Phil Hart, which is below mine. I'm waiting for some numbers, then I'm going to need your help.

Dear

Illegal aliens are becoming a huge problem for Idaho. Not only are they taking jobs away from the Idaho workers during this recession, they are costing the Idaho taxpayers millions of dollars when this state is having a hard time meeting its budget. Illegal aliens are not the responsibility of the American taxpayer, and it’s an insult to ask the taxpayers to pay for the illegal aliens who just took their job from them. It’s an insult that parents are going to have to cut back on school programs for their own children, when they are being forced to pay $99 million a year to educate the 16,000 illegal alien children who shouldn’t even be here in the first place. It’s an insult that Health & Welfare is going to have to cut back on vaccinations for our citizens, when they give Wick, food stamps, and Medicaid to people who broke the law to come here and use false or no documentation to get these benefits. It’s an insult to the Department of Corrections when Governor Otter says some of their employees will lose their jobs and others will lose some of their benefits because we have to spend $16 million for the 500 illegal aliens we have in our State prison system. If you figure the above costs, plus the hidden costs of medical and county law enforcement, it’s likely the Idaho taxpayer is paying about $200 million a year.

I have heard all the arguments why we should continue to ignore our immigration laws so illegal aliens can help line the pockets of big business across this country. I am also aware that J. Brent Olmstead has an agenda to replace the Idaho worker with cheap, foreign labor to increase the profits for his cronies and members of his new group, The Idaho Business Coalition for Immigration Reform.

J. Brent Olmstead talks out of both sides of his mouth. He says he doesn’t agree with amnesty, yet instead of agreeing that illegal aliens should go home and apply the legal way, he wants to reward them with a job and give them legal status. He says we need some kind of electronic employer verification system to check workers’ legal status, yet he trashes the 99.5% accurate E-Verify program that we already have in place that only takes a few minutes of an employer’s time. He says we need to allow more foreign workers to come here, yet he doesn’t tell you that we already admit almost 2 million foreign nationals legally every single year. He says we need a guest worker program, but he admits that we already have 29 of them for the various businesses using foreign workers. He admits that the H-2A visa program is a workable guest worker program that benefits alien workers by providing a legal, regulated way for aliens to come here to work, yet he doesn’t think employers should be burdened with the paperwork that ensures we are only allowing those workers who are free from crimes and diseases. Even the FBI reports that many of the illegal aliens in this country are here because they are running from the law in their own country.

J. Brent Olmstead says our immigration system is broken and we need to make it easier for more people to come here through legal channels. He admits that once inside this country, foreign workers move on to take better paying jobs. What he’s actually saying is that employers ought to be given an unlimited, unregulated number of foreign workers and the American workers be damned. He says illegal aliens contribute more to the economy than they take out, yet the Idaho taxpayers is shelling out roughly $200 million a year, and even Mexico admits that the remittances sent back home by these foreign workers is their country’s second biggest income next to oil. The new figures out this week say that we now have over 12 million Americans out of work. Yet we currently allow 7 million illegal aliens to keep a job in this country. This tells me that foreign labor is not as desperately needed as Mr. Olmstead would have us believe.

I just learned that 1.5 million people moved out of California in the last ten years because of the illegal aliens in their state. Is this what we want for Idaho? Do you want to see the American worker move out, taking his future taxpaying children with him when the state fills up with illegal aliens? Do you want to see the crime increases like Los Angeles where Senator Diane Feinstein admits that 80% of the inmates in their jails are illegal aliens? Do you want to see our hospitals start going bankrupt and closing because of the financial strain on our emergency rooms?

Well, I don’t! And I am fed up with this government spending all its time and the taxpayers money pandering to special interests groups to keep a continual flow of cheap, foreign labor coming into this country. I want my government to represent ME, the taxpaying legal citizen of this state, instead of representing citizens of foreign countries. And I want my government to stand up for the American citizens for once, and pass some laws that have some teeth in them so we can cut down on the number of illegal aliens in this state, and ensure that in Idaho, at least, our workers can get a job to feed their families. Senator Jorgenson’s employer enforcement bill is a good place to start and he needs your support to ensure that as many jobs as possible go to Idaho workers. For those of you who think it’s okay to pander to special interests instead of representing the people of this state, now may be a good time for you to change your mind, because 80% of the Idaho people are just as fed up as I am.

Dear -----

I agree with all you have written. In fact, I have been working on the
    Employer Enforcement bill with Senator Jorgenson for 18 months. I have
    travelled to Arizona twice and visited the Mexican border and met with
    people who live on the border. I met with Senator Pearce of Arizona who
    authored the first Employer Enforcement bill in the county. His office
    is helping me with the language of the bill. I also met with the former
    deputy Attorney General under John Aschroft in charge of immigration on
    a trip I took to Kansas City last December. This attorney, Kris Kobach,
    helped us author our Idaho Employer Enforcement bill. In fact, Kris and
    I have exchanged about 6 or 8 draft versions of the bill and followed up
    with at least a dozen phone calls.

Please spread the word that Senator Jorgenson and I are trying to get
    this bill introduced. We are running into a lot of resistance in the
    Senate State Affairs Committee, and have yet to get the bill rolling -
    even though the bill is ready to go.

Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Rep. Phil Hart
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ready, willing, and able!

Great job tinybobidaho!

Good Luck!

Big Business wants cheap labor,
    Politicians want more votes.
    Americans just want a job that pays a living wage.
    Uncle Samchez
    Big Business wants cheap labor,
    Politicians want more votes.
    Americans just want a job that pays a living wage.
    Uncle Samchez

Thanks. Here's some info to get familiar with what's been going on, and it explains who this J. Brent Olmstead is. This is Nate Shellman's website. You may have to go to the link to read all the articles.

March 11, 2009
    State Senator Mike Jorgenson wants businesses to verify prospective employees
    Here's some information that may make you think. Feel free to comment below. - Nate

Idaho Dairymen's Webpages for helping illegal immigrants - click here

Letter admitting illegal information was on the website - click here

Idaho Foreign National Inmates - click here

ImmigrationworksUSA playbook - click here

2009 Legislative Report LEP, Idaho - click here

Advertisement
    USA Today Article - click here

Idaho Business Coalition for Immigration Reform letter to legislators - click here

Editorial in CdA Press - click here

Testimony to Idaho House and Senate - click here

Read State Senator Mike Jorgenson's proposed bill to the Idaho State Affairs Committee - Click here (the bill will be listed here after Friday)

http://www.670kboi.com/article.asp?id=1 ... SPID=22098

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, my God! Read the ImmigrationworksUSA Playbook at that link. We have a real fight on our hands if amnesty is brought up again.

If you go to this link and click on March 11 in the Streaming Audio Files., I think you may be able to hear me on the radio today. I come on at 101.10.

http://www.670kboi.com/showdj.asp?DJID=42251

Thanks for posting this Tiny.

Just read the ImmigrationWorks plan. I see that one of the usual open-borders suspects, Tamar Jacoby, is taking the lead on this. I also see that this pro-amnesty, anti-American worker group claims that our pro-enforcement side is a "highly motivated minority."

Well, we are highly motivated, but the majority of Americans side with us -- we just have to wake them up and get them involved.

I've also been seeing the open-borders propaganda & lies that legalizing millions of illegal aliens will somehow be good for American workers and our economy.

Has the ImmigrationWorks plan been forwarded to Numbers?

We have to make sure we -- the real grass roots majority -- get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Thanks for posting this Tiny.

Just read the ImmigrationWorks plan. I see that one of the usual open-borders suspects, Tamar Jacoby, is taking the lead on this. I also see that this pro-amnesty, anti-American worker group claims that our pro-enforcement side is a "highly motivated minority."

Well, we are highly motivated, but the majority of Americans side with us -- we just have to wake them up and get them involved.

I've also been seeing the open-borders propaganda & lies that legalizing millions of illegal aliens will somehow be good for American workers and our economy.

Has the ImmigrationWorks plan been forwarded to Numbers?

We have to make sure we -- the real grass roots majority -- get ready.
    I don't know if Numbers has this. Maybe a member will forward it on.

Another response to my letter to the Idaho legislators. I will post all responses on this thread so we know what kind of support we will, or will not get.

I agree generally with your thoughts concerning illegal aliens and have
    not yet reviewed Senator Jorgenson's proposed legislation but I
    certainly will take a look at it to see if it will curtail the over
    abundance of illegal's in Idaho. Thanks for your input.

Senator Heinrich

I wish you all the luck TinyBob. I almost have to chuckle at the low figures in your letter, then I catch myself because at one time this was CA's numbers ($99 million a year to educate the 16,000 illegal alien children) - Oh! How I wish it was still this way here!

Believe me, if your politicians in your state give wit about its people they will do all they can to get rid of the IA there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast