Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jon Corzine Staffer Busted for Drugs Last night?

Friends,

Strange deal here. I just looked at the Drudge Report and it promotes a headline that reads "Corzine campaign staffer arrested on drug charges..."

The link leads to the New York Post but the page now reads "Page Not Found"

So it appears that the New York Post pulled the article.

Now, I'm no fan of Governor Corzine after all of his pushing for illegal aliens to have in-state tuition so they can replace our own kids in college at taxpayer expense, but is this story real?

All I'm finding on the web is traces of the story by bloggers like this one...

On Tuesday, Jon Corzine runs for New Jersey Governor! Earlier today, the New York Post and WABC New York reported on "Corzine staffer" 25 year-old Jason Shih's arrest for having a bunch of E on him. Except: Shih totally lied.

We even got a tipster email about it from someone at the Post!

The New York Post is reporting that an assistant deputy director of NJ Gov. Jon Corzine's re-election campaign was arrested last night after cops found ecstasy tablets wrapped and ready to be sold in his car.
    http://gawker.com/5394388/the-old-i-wor ... arrest-bro

Did this happen or not? What is the deal folks?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just found this....

NewsBusters (blog)
    Corzine campaign denies connection to man arrested on drug charges

Sunday, November 01, 2009
    Chris Megerian
    STATEHOUSE

A Paramus man claiming to work for Gov. Jon Corzine's re-election campaign was arrested Friday night on drug charges after police found Ecstasy tablets in his car, authorities said.

A Corzine spokeswoman said the man does not work for either the governor's campaign or the Democratic State Committee.
    Advertisement

Jason Shih, 25, was pulled over on Route 17 by East Rutherford police around 11:30 p.m. Friday for allegedly talking on his cell phone. Police found 19 Ecstasy tablets and hundreds of small glassine bags used for distributing drugs, police spokesman Capt. William Schanel said.

Schanel said Shih told police he was an official in Corzine's campaign, and several tickets to today's rally with President Obama at Newark's Prudential Center were found in his car.

"As he's exiting the vehicle, he's stating, "It's not mine,'" Schanel said. "He just said, "I'm assistant deputy director of Gov. Corzine's campaign, and they rented this vehicle for my use.'"

Schanel said the vehicle was rented, but said it is unclear who rented it. He said Shih is not suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but he was very nervous.

"His hands were shaking," Schanel said.

Corzine campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith said Shih's claim is false, adding, "No one has ever heard of this guy."

Campaign finance records do not show any donations from Shih to political candidates in New Jersey. Shih, released on $15,000 bail, is facing multiple drug-related charges, including possession of drugs, possession of drugs in a school zone, intent to distribute drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Shih could not be reached for comment.

Republican candidate Chris Christie declined to comment on the arrest.

Chris Megerian may be reached at (609) 989-0208 or cmegerian@starledger.com.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/in ... xml&coll=1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

'Corzine staffer' busted with drugs

By ANGELA MONTEFINISE

'Corzine staffer' busted with drugs

Last Updated: 12:53 PM, October 31, 2009

Posted: 9:53 AM, October 31, 2009

A man who identified himself as an official with New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine's re-election campaign was arrested last night after cops found found ecstasy tablets wrapped and ready to be sold in his car, police said.

Jason Shih, 25, was pulled over by East Rutherford cops at about 11:30 p.m. last night because he was talking on his cell phone on Route 17, said Lt. Chris Conforti of the East Rutherford police.

Officers wound up finding 19 "blue star" ecstasy tablets in Shih's car, each wrapped in its own little plastic bag.

Shih -- who was stopped within 100 feet of Becton Regional High School -- also had had "several hundred" empty plastic bags in his car, Conforti said.

Shih told police he worked for Corzine's campaign, and had several campaign-related items in his car, police said.

Corzine spokeswoman Elisabeth Smith said Shih is not on the payroll of the campaign or the New Jersey Democratic State Committee, and that the campaign doesn't know who he is.

Shih was charged with possession of drugs, possession of drugs in a school zone, intent to distribute drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also charged with two motor vehicle violations -- driving while using a cell phone and having drugs in his car.

Conforti said the criminal charges all carry jail time and heavy fines.

Shih, of Paramus, NJ, was released on $15,000 bail, Conforti said.

Corzine, a Democratic incumbent, is locked in a tight battle with Republican challenger Christopher Christie in the race for New Jersey governor that will be decided Tuesday.
    http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/open-d ... drugs.html
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2009/1 ... ust-in-nj/
    Meanwhile, pay no attention to this drug bust in NJ.

Posted by Moe Lane (Profile)

Saturday, October 31st at 2:47PM EDT

8 Comments
    The Corzine campaign wants it made CLEAR that Jason Shih is in no way, shape, or form involved with the releection campaign; that Mr. Shih is certainly not an assistant campaign director or staffer for the campaign; that they have no idea who Mr. Shih would even be, let alone why he would claim such a status; or why he would claim that the car that he was driving at the time of his drug bust was rented by the campaign, or why there were tickets to an Obama rally and other campaign paraphernalia mixed in with the drug paraphernalia.

Understand? They want it made CLEAR
    Sounds as though they are distancing themselves from this guy.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/1 ... rk_fo.html
    [/quote]Paramus man claiming to work for Corzine arrested on drug charges
    By Chris Megerian/Statehouse Bureau
    October 31, 2009, 1:28PM
    EAST RUTHERFORD -- A Paramus man claiming to work for Gov. Jon Corzine’s reelection campaign was arrested Friday night on drug charges after police found Ecstasy tablets in his car, authorities said.

A Corzine spokeswoman said the man does not work for either the governor’s campaign or the Democratic State Committee.

Jason Shih, 25, was pulled over on Route 17 by East Rutherford police at about 11:30 p.m. last night for talking on his cell phone. Police found 19 Ecstasy tablets and hundreds of small glassine bags used for distributing drugs, police spokesman Capt. William Schanel said.

Schanel said Shih told police he was an official in Corzine’s campaign, and several tickets to tomorrow’s rally with President Obama at Newark’s Prudential Center were found in his car.

“As he’s exiting the vehicle, he’s stating it’s not mine,â€

I wonder if this guy works for the Obama coordinated campaign people. That could be the case where the political apparatus around Obama hired or deployed this young man and gave him a title.

The title he gave police might have been a title he holds within the ranks of a coordinated or uncoordinated political apparatus around Corzine.

That's my best guess since this guy had the Obama campaign event tickets and lots of Corzine materials.

Investigators should look closer at NC State Democratic Party and Democratic National Committee groups along with all those Obama youth group front organizations that have sprung up.

W

At one time there was a facebook page under Jason Shih, but it has been removed.

EAST RUTHERFORD -- A Paramus man claiming to work for Gov. Jon Corzine’s reelection campaign was arrested Friday night on drug charges after police found Ecstasy tablets in his car, authorities said.

A Corzine spokeswoman said the man does not work for either the governor’s campaign or the Democratic State Committee.

Jason Shih, 25, was pulled over on Route 17 by East Rutherford police at about 11:30 p.m. last night for talking on his cell phone. Police found 19 Ecstasy tablets and hundreds of small glassine bags used for distributing drugs, police spokesman Capt. William Schanel said.

Schanel said Shih told police he was an official in Corzine’s campaign, and several tickets to tomorrow’s rally with President Obama at Newark’s Prudential Center were found in his car.

“As he’s exiting the vehicle, he’s stating it’s not mine,â€

Here in South Florida you can look up a person's booking info if they are still in jail or look them up in the clerk of the court criminal information website. That will give you what charges police listed, past arrests, court dates, bond info and more. It is public information. I don't know enough about New Jersey but will ask a friend of mine who was an assistant police chief in one of the cities there for help in finding this guys info.

Did Facebook pull this guy's profile to try and protect somebody?

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Did Facebook pull this guy's profile to try and protect somebody?

W
    That would not surprise me at all. They need all the damage control they can get. I read somehwere that the NCAAP is supporting the republican candidate in Virginia. Can someone verify that? If it is true than it is a huge blow to the democrats.