Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lake County veteran's Mitt Romney signs, flags torched in yard

Lake County veteran's Mitt Romney signs, flags torched in yard

Howey-in-the-Hills police search for vandals

Published On: Oct 25 2012 05:44:36 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 25 2012 07:25:54

Romney signs, flags torched in yard

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. - Police are searching for the vandals who apparently torched more than a dozen campaign signs and American flags in a Howey-in-the-Hills veteran's yard.

[PICS: Signs, flags burned | ELECTION 2012: Complete coverage | Swing state sprint]

William Overbay said someone ignited the flags and signs, which supported Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, that he had lined along his yard. The vandals also painted a sign on his driveway reading "Obama for life," at his DuPont Circle home, Overbay said.

"This is the first thing I saw was this sign painted on my driveway," Overbay said.

Howey-in-the-Hills police say no one left any clues behind to identify themselves. Overbay said as a Vietnam-era veteran, the hard feelings caused by the vandalism run deep.

"To give that many years for my country and to see it desecrated in such a despicable way angers me," Overbay said. "We have freedom of speech and to desecrate any kind of signs is absolutely despicable and a violation of the constitution of the United States."

Overbay said he'll be replacing the destroyed signs and flags in time for the election.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Lake County veteran's Mitt Romney signs, flags torched in yard | News - Home
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this new article is added to our rapidly growing collection of reports of violence from Obama supporters directed at Republicans.

http://www.alipac.us/f9/compilation-...ctions-265756/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama supporters are getting scared and more violent every day