Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Learn English or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by PFWAG
    I stopped by a Lowes (in Colorado) earlier today to buy some plumbing parts. I remembered that they used to label their aisle descriptions with a smaller Spanish subtitle but now it is equivalent sized and they have added a big "welcome" in Spanish plastered right on the front doors.

I''m getting tired of this crap and these corporate appeasers. I want to make a "This is America, learn English or go home!" sticker that I can discretely slap on the Spanish language sign as I enter.

Google tells me the translation is "Esto es América, aprender Inglés o ir a casa!"

Can anybody fluent in Spanish confirm it? (I hated Spanish even in high school where I got two "Ds")

Mrs. BigTex tells me that this is the best:

"Esto es America, Aprenda Ingles o vaya a su casa"

This will do too:

"Esto es America, Aprenda Ingles o vayase a su hogar"

The last part literally means YOU go to YOUR home. a casa means "A HOME" Spanish, but specific enough.

However, my wife also tells me that you might be wasting your time since most illegals can barely speak Spanish, much less be able to read it.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by use2busmc
    Outstanding,it does my heart good when the folks get fired up!
    ... ME TOO, use2busmc ... NICE to see you here! I see some 'Old Friends' made it here!

Quote Originally Posted by attorneyatlaw
    Aprenda Ingles or regrese a su pais!
    According to Babel Fish translator the above means.. It learns English or returns to its country! Guess that is close enough!... BTW: When I had to work with the HISPANIC ILLEGAL CONVICTS, I acted as though I did not know any Spanish... I did not react as they freely SPOKE their "TRASH TALK" either... Pretty Interesting when they don't know that...YOU KNOW! (The Govt. Paid for my Classes, as I remembered very little of it from High School-Conversational SPANISH Class) BESIDES... The Further you go below the Border..the less it resembles what we know to be Spanish!... Even some of the different groups don't really 'understand it'! I have asked the people at the different stores..when they are going to post their signs in Greek, Arab, Chinese etc!... I stopped caring about the 'LOOKS' I get... THEY WANT MY MONEY.. THEY Speak ENGLISH! A friend of Mine, who never paid attention to my WARNINGS about the 'PATH' that America was on towards ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION (INVASION) before... Called me a couple of WEEKS ago... screaming about how there was a NEW WALMART close to her in Phoenix... SOMETHING ABOUT 'everything IN SPANISH & ALL 'LATINO' stuff...' NOW, She is AWAKENED to the CHANGE!... She voted for OBOMBA... so I just asked her if she did not VOTE for 'CHANGE'... SHE SAID.. Well, Yes... I STOPPED HER and said.. Well, YOU GOT IT! AMERICA HAS CHANGED! and YOU asked for it!!! I continued with telling her that 'this is only the beginning of the "REAL CHANGE COMING!"... GUESS , America must be waking up... Especially when it comes to THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAmericanRose
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    Have always been and always will support English as the Official Language of the U.S.

If you can't speak it or read it, then DEAL WITH IT. It's not the U.S.A.'s responsibility to adapt to you.

Example: I am retired Air Force and live in Japan. I do NOT expect the Japanese to adapt to my little knowledge of their language. Since I choose to live here, it is MY responsibility to adapt, NOT VICE VERSA.
    EXACTLY! BTW: I usually go to BABEL FISH on line Translator (Has many languages -IE(ENGLISH TO SPANISH & SPANISH TO ENGLISH)... http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ THEY show the translation of : ¡Ésta es América, aprende inglés o va a casa! is correct.. They HAVE even Japanese & KOREAN! CHECK it out.. I find the site pretty awesome... The CATERING to the SPANISH LINGO in this Country is getting 'more than a little' irritating!... I just tell the business people that I will find another business that CATERS to AMERICANS & SPEAK ENGLISH! IT'S MY MONEY that they are looking for! I WANT IT MY WAY!

Babelfish yahoo ! This stinks of a takeover . But they couldn't have picked a better lable than Babel , we are that for sure in all so many ways .

Sorry guys, but I still like my translation better: "Esto es América. Aprienda inglés o va cagar en su paÃ*s." (This is America. Learn English or go s--t in your country)

You guys be careful with those translators (BableFish). I remember wife's 1st return trip to Argentina to see her family. I sent her mother and email saying she had departed safely. The translation came out to mean she had expired. They were horrified! I leave the Spanish translations to my wife now after making a fool of myself.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

OMG I was with my friend in Petsmart today, and he works there and he is an American Hispanic, he doesnt know how to speak spanish like I can. Some mexican guy came in asking for fish and asked him if he spoke spanish and he said no, and got an employee over that does speak spanish to help the customer and the guy said in spanish to the other employee "why does he lie to me? i know he can speak spanish why did he ignore me?" how rude was that? I know that my friend cant speak a lick of spanish for real, even though he is hispanic he is very patriotic and American, I told him what the guy said about him and we had a laugh along with the other employee who knows he cant speak it either. How rude the way they act when you dont know theyre language, am I right?

MW
    Purchased a can of KILZ2 Latex Primer from Lowe's today for a paint job around the house. There are two sets of directions and warranty information on the can - one in Spanish and the other in English. Actually, the only thing that is not dupicated in Spanish on the can is the actual name of the product, "KILZ2 LATEX."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12