Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter To The Editor By Rep. Steve King

A Summer of Sequels

In a manner that resembles a bargain-bin remake of a B movie, President Bush seems determined to resurrect the deceased Senate amnesty bill. Unlike the Hollywood blockbusters that have people lined up around the block, this sequel has the director going door-to-door in the Senate just to find an audience.

Many of us have already spent a lot of money this summer to see a third Spiderman movie and another installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean. Moviegoers have even spent good money to see an animated ogre in tights, but they dread "The Return of the Undead Amnesty."

American citizens are overwhelmingly against the Senate amnesty proposal. The public rose up and Republican Senators responded to kill the bill. But, in an apparent attempt to end his term with a zero percent approval rating, the president is investing the last of his political capital to resurrect a measure that will only continue to anger the country.

A good sequel builds on a popular story. It motivates people to spend a few bucks on admission and popcorn, and provides an entertaining experience. But this sequel will destroy the rule of law, wreak havoc on the middle class and leave Americans with heartburn that will last for generations. The return of the Senate amnesty bill is a sequel that must never be made.

REP. STEVE KING
    Washington
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great letter!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ditto!

where was that published?
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

In The Washington Times. While I was in that site, I submitted a letter to the editor myself. I hope they publish it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.