For those of you who are "night owls," you may be familiar with KEVIN JAMES, who was the host of KABC's "Red Eye Radio" Show in the Los Angeles area from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. for the past couple of years. With Internet streaming people have been tuning in from all over the country. He is most definitely on our side on the illegal immigration issue. April 5th was his last broadcast, as KABC decided to replace the "Mr. KABC" radio show AND Kevin's show with Peter Tilden, who had been on KABC in morning drive time in the 1990's with Ken Minyard and then the now deceased Tracy Miller. I did not care for that morning program, and I think Tilden has not improved with either age or being solo. I am getting more sleep--or listening to George Noory!--but I still would like to see Kevin back on the air with his reasoned voice on our issue.

It came to my attention yesterday that there is an online petition that urges either KFI or KRLA to hire Kevin James -- and now! I do not know how effective these petitions are, but I also do not think they could hurt. Even if you do not live in Los Angeles, I urge you to consider signing this petition. You do not need to do anything more than give your name and e-mail address, although there is space to make an optional comment. You can appear as "anonymous" when the list is viewed by other than the owner. (You can also make a donation to keep the "i-petitions" going, but it is not required.)
I have also gone to the www.kabc.com website and sent a message to the Program Director ("Contact Us" link) to the effect that I miss Kevin's show, and that he is a far smarter/sharper host than Tilden will ever be, and that I have tuned out after Mark Levin's show ends at 10 p.m.

This is what Kevin wrote to another listener:

Thank you for your supportive email. I am doing my best to remain in L.A. Incidentally, I learned www.mayorsam.blogspot.com is hosting an online petition drive to have me hired at another station in LA (if you would like to participate in the effort).

Since there is power in numbers, please send this to others on your own e-mail list whom you believe would take action. This will be much appreciated. We cannot just sit back while a young George Putnam-in-the-making is off the air! For those of you in Philadelphia, imagine Dom Giordano being silenced, and you will get the picture.

For those of you who will be going to Washington, DC for the Hold Their Feet to the Fire immigration lobbying trip April 21-26, you might have the opportunity to meet Kevin, as he will be on a Hedgecock lobby team with me. If you are not able to go, please go to the website www.informedvoter.info and read how you can be a part of the "home team" supporting us from your "armchair" in the comfort of your home with phone calls, faxes, etc. We are counting on you to burn up the telephone lines into Congress!
Thanks.