Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester- Graham Doesn't Represent South Carolinians

Lone Protester- Lindsey Graham Doesn’t Represent South Carolinians
    10/19/08

Senator Lindsey Graham debated Bob Conley last week in Columbia, SC. At issue was which candidate could best represent the interests of the citizens of this state. While Graham was talking about South Carolina in the global economy, 331 illegal aliens that had stolen jobs from local natives were in jail and being processed for deportation. This is in the county that Lindsey Graham was born in. 775 out of 825 workers in that business were here illegally but Senator Graham did not want that fact brought up. The unemployment statistics for Greenville County, SC is 21.8%. That means one in five there are unemployed while Graham can stand up at that podium and toot the benefits of the global economy on his state.
    I do not know about you Senator Graham but I will tell you real quick to shove your global economy where the sun doesn’t shine. My fellow South Carolinians are more worried about supporting their families than they are about your slanted views on who has more of a right to work in the state they were born in. In your idealistic global economy it is perfectly okay for 775 people who don’t even have a right to be in this country to steal jobs that are badly needed for the workers here. The way you see it we are racists and bigots for complaining about what is rightfully ours.
    You are too out of touch with the people of the great state of South Carolina and it showed in your responses during the debate. During the debate you suggested that a 61 year old American should go back to school because he lost his job through downsizing. It is too bad that your opponent didn’t ask you why is it okay with you that hundreds of illegal aliens can steal our jobs in the county where you were born. Why weren’t you there screaming for the constitutionally guaranteed rights of your constituents instead of being unheard from? Instead of doing your job you were in downtown Columbia at a dinner that costs one thousand per couple, for your benefit of course. You do not have time to get out and meet the workers in this state but you will make sure you got time to suck up to the elite here, the ones with the money that insures your re-election.
    I was born in South Carolina and have a business in construction that has felt the effects of a work force composed of 75% illegal aliens. Tens of thousands of us have been directly affected by this and you told us to shut up. Under your watch it has only gotten worse with half a million illegals in the state and now with this financial bailout that my children has to pay for. Fully supported by you against the wishes of the people that put you in office. Just like the three amnesty scams since 2006.
    Senator Graham, you do not represent the best interests of South Carolina and your actions the last few years speak one hell of a lot louder than your words. In your idea of a global economy the rights of South Carolina workers rank in last place compared to the needs of criminals that come here illegally. The rights of the elite that could afford to spend a thousand dollars to have the exquisite honor of eating with you rank higher because they are your kind of people. The average citizen of South Carolina is forced to eat dirt and go on unemployment because you have forgotten about us in your strident belief that you know more about our situation that we do. To you, we are racists and bigots when we complain about your ideas of a global economy. You do not represent us because you are not one of us. In your global economy the employer of those illegals ranks higher with you because they provide you with the funds to continue your insane policies that are detrimental to the lives of the citizens of your state.

MW
    A very well written piece!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great letter, loneprotester. I would definitely send it to local newspapers, but, may I recommend, getting rid of a few words that I think may have your letter cast aside. You have made some very powerful points, but in the newspapers (that may love Graham), calling his policies insane may not be politically correct. Smaller newspapers probably will be able to have an editor slice a few words.
    Take this not as criticism, but as encouragement to spread the word about Graham.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lindsey's raised over $9 million for this race. Conley? $17,000 (through the end of June.) Call or email the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and tell them to support Conley's campaign:

http://www.dscc.org/content?content_item_KEY=1442

Contribute to Conley's campaign. Use ActBlue from the DSCC website. Right now there are 4 supporters totaling $345.00. You can give as little as one dollar! If we get enough traffic through there, maybe they'll throw a million at Conley the last week.

http://www.actblue.com/entity/fundraisers/20096

It's worth a buck to me.