Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester- Independence Day

Lone Protester- Independence Day
    07/01/09

I had the privilege of attending the Patriot Expo in Columbia, South Carolina this past weekend and I was amazed at the number of organizations that were represented. There were 26 different groups from all over the state in attendance and the speakers were Peter Koenig, Thomas Moore and Harry McKay as Patrick Henry giving his ‘Give me liberty or give me death’ speech. And it was riveting. The passion that man puts in his words is enough to awaken the patriotic spirit in any American citizen. I just wonder, is there any politician anywhere in this country that is of the caliber of Patrick Henry? Of the thousands upon thousands of politicians in this country, is there one like him? Is there anybody out there that is willing to speak up for the constitution and the American people?

Sometimes when I sit down in front of the computer the words are hard to come by, but the anger is always there. I wake up in the middle of the night and I can’t go back to sleep worrying about what else the future will bring, courtesy of my politicians. During the day I drive around the construction sites looking for work and the anger gets a little worse because there are my compadre’s from south of the border hard at work while my government forces me to fend for myself. I don’t have the right to support my family but criminals have the right to support theirs. The anger seethes just below the surface for what has been done to the people of this country without our permission.

What has been committed against us is criminal and the perpetrators should be in a prison cell instead of walking the Halls of Congress. If they were doing their jobs the FBI would have hundreds of investigations going on in Washington instead of wasting their time checking out tea parties. Most of the politicians would be scrambling for their lawyers instead of ways to rip us off. If the Supreme Court was doing its job they would be standing up for constitutional law and the American people instead of wasting their time on cases dealing with illegal alien criminals that profess ignorance when they get caught with fake documents.

I do not know about the average American citizen but I have had about all I can take from politicians that do not represent me anymore. I have had it with a bunch of crooks who can’t put their pants on in the mornings without some lobbyist hovering in the shadows, waiting to take a little bit more of our freedoms away. I have had it with politicians and their million dollar bank accounts wanting me to give up what little I have left so that the crooks can flourish. I want to see them in handcuffs and leg irons in court instead of free to finish killing this country because they deserve nothing less.

July the 4th is Independence Day, the day we declared our freedom from a government that ruled by tyranny. Very much like the one we have now. We had no rights under the British government and we have no rights under ours. It is time for a new Declaration of Independence against the most oppressive tyranny that has existed in this country since we kicked the redcoats out. Our government is rotten to the core and needs to be cleaned out like an infestation of roaches. From life time politicians to a politically correct State Department to the idiots at Homeland Security who classify Americans like me as domestic terrorists, you have most definitely worn out your welcome. Your grip on the reins of power in this country is almost over although you have not realized it yet. You continue like your crimes against America are going unrecorded but rest assured that someday you will be called to account for them because the American people will not forget.

I also am sick of politicians that basically tell me they know better, while I know better that this is no more than one dirty hand washing the other. I email them all a lot, but the majority do not respond, the second largest group does email, thanking me for my thoughts but since I am not their constituent they will not take me seriously (i.e. stuff it). Very few thank me for my opinion and will include it in their consideration of a bill.
    I feel it has come down to the point where many have the opinion that once elected, their only real job is to get re-elected by keeping the big money contributors happy--mo' money!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your words touched my heart loneprotester and brought me out of lurking. I fear that this may be our LAST Independence Day.

Quote Originally Posted by papaslady
    Your words touched my heart loneprotester and brought me out of lurking. I fear that this may be our LAST Independence Day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody needs to quit lurking and jump on the bandwagon because this is our country's last chance. I am glad I am responsible.

working4change
    I do not know about the average American citizen but I have had about all I can take from politicians that do not represent me anymore. I have had it with a bunch of crooks who can’t put their pants on in the mornings without some lobbyist hovering in the shadows, waiting to take a little bit more of our freedoms away. I have had it with politicians and their million dollar bank accounts wanting me to give up what little I have left so that the crooks can flourish. I want to see them in handcuffs and leg irons in court instead of free to finish killing this country because they deserve nothing less.
    Well said Loneprotester and it is so very frustrating that they aren't listening.

also Welcome papaslady glad to have you here.

Thanks for the welcome!

Well said Loneprotester and it is so very frustrating that they aren't listening.
    ....not only that, they are doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the people are telling them they want!

Well written as usual LP. I wish there was more I personally could do to help you out of this mess.

Welcome Papaslady....thanks for joining us!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

loneprotester wrote:
    Your grip on the reins of power in this country is almost over although you have not realized it yet. You continue like your crimes against America are going unrecorded but rest assured that someday you will be called to account for them because the American people will not forget.
    Well said loneprotester. I think the beginning of the end is near for many of our elected leaders. In a strange way, I think the economic collapse, and the resulting 2008 election results, and all the Obama admin is now trying to force on the American people, is a blessing in disguise. I think it has woken up a lot of people. I just hope the American people are willing to do whatever it takes before its too late.

As much as many of our politicians make me sick, we Americans need to understand and accept that if our elected leaders continue to destroy this country, we will have ourselves to blame. In those recent youtube videos of "Thomas Paine", he is not angry with the government, he is angry with the American people, for "doing nothing" about them.

The problem of the illegal invasion of our sovereign nation began thirty years ago, before the first amnesty of 1986. Thirty years! Three decades!!! Most Americans either allowed themselves to be intimidated and silenced by the false cries of "racism", or they were too wrapped up in their own little world to realize what was happening to their country.

Now the problem is so much bigger. Its not too late, but its now a much bigger fight than if enough Americans had demanded the tide be turned 10 or 20 years ago.

I don't know what it will take. I don't know if the 2010 elections can make enough of a difference. If its too late for the election process to work, then how far are Americans willing to go to stop it? I really don't know. Are they willing to go as far as our Founding Fathers were for freedom?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Welcome Papaslady, glad you joined us!!
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Lone Protestor, I would like to sum up what you have so eloquently stated in your letter. "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country...." Like I am sure is true of you, I cannot publicly say in this forum what I am thinking and feeling. Our country has reached a turning point (and for many, a boiling point). There are sadly, many Americans, that remain oblivious, whether deliberate or not, to the state of our nation. I would suggest that this was also true to a large degree during the months and years prior to our battle for independence against the British. However, then, there were far more patriots with the courage to stand up to do what was necessary to end tyranny. Rather now, many of our fellow Americans obsess over the death of a pop star but remain blind to the death of soldiers who spill their blood for their country. Why fret over things "political" when they are about to announce the next American Idol? This becomes the fate of sheep waiting to be penned and slaughtered. As for me, I will stand side by side with my fellow patriots on July 4th and give voice to my anger against a blind and ambitiously self serving government!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836