Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester- Lessons Learned

Lone Protester- Lessons Learned 02/22/08

In the last few months I had gotten completely disgusted with our criminal justice system. They tried with everything that they had to get me to plead guilty. They said, come on plead guilty and you will get no jail time and no fine. Then they got tired of me being hardheaded and said plead guilty or we will level another charge against you. And I told them to kiss where I can’t. So they did, trying to threaten and scare me into pleading guilty. But I stood my ground. Some of my friends said that maybe I should plead guilty just to get it over with. One of them even suggested that I should get into another line of work. Another, bless his heart, got fired from his job of 27 years trying to make a stand like I did. But I stood my ground. And it paid off!

I have learned a major lesson in all the bullcrap I have put up with the last eight months. And that is, don’t listen to them. If you believe that you are in the right, then do not give up. Take it as far as they want to take it. And further if need be. My case might have been about a simple cuss word, like the judge said, but in reality it was about much more than that. Judge Dennis said, when my trial started that it would not be about nothing but whether I uttered a fighting word or not. But he was wrong! One hundred per cent wrong. My trial had everything to do with illegal immigration. If it wasn’t for the flood of illegal aliens into South Carolina then I wouldn’t have protested, wouldn’t have been jailed and wouldn’t have had a trial. If it wasn’t for all the businesses employing illegal aliens then I wouldn’t have been arrested. And if it our criminal justice system did it’s job, as specified under our Constitution, then I wouldn’t have been forced to do what I did.

My trial had everything to do with illegal immigration and the jury understood that from the outset. When I got on that witness stand and started talking, I got the jury to believe what I was saying. That is one hell of an experience, to see that jury really listening to what I had to say. And agreeing with me. My business is really going to hell, my bills are getting so far behind that it isn’t funny anymore. The prosecutor asked me if my business was bankrupt and I told him like it was. That this week I did not have one job lined up and my profits would more than likely be zero dollars on Friday. And I told them the reason why. Criminal companies employing illegal aliens because they know they will never be forced to answer to their crimes like I was. I wanted to ask prosecutor Overture Walker so bad, one thing, if he had ever prosecuted anyone for employing illegal aliens. But I was not allowed.

In one part of the trial they had sequestered the jury in a back room and the judge and prosecutor and my lawyer were arguing about something. I raised my hand to say what was on my mind but the judge wouldn’t let me. They were arguing about me walking up and down that road exercising my first amendment rights. My question, to the judge was, I remember May 1st 2006, I remember watching 5000 illegal aliens gathering in Finlay Park in Columbia, , to march in our streets and protest for things that were not due them because they were not American citizens. And I also remember them yelling at the top of their lungs, but strangely enough, none of them were arrested like I was. I wanted to ask those two cops that arrested me if they had arrested any of the illegals for protesting. Even though my right to protest is guaranteed under the United States Constitution , I was arrested and those 5000 illegal aliens were given a free pass. Why? That is what I wanted to ask Judge Dennis. Why were my rights violated so willingly by the cops but why did they gave 5000 criminals a free pass. But I wasn’t allowed to ask that question. I wanted to ask if those two cops that arrested me if they were there on May 1st 2006 directing traffic for all the illegal aliens that were marching in our streets. I wanted to ask if they had arrested any illegal aliens for yelling and cursing. But I was not allowed to ask that question. That is our justice system at work. A system that millions of Americans Patriots have given their lives for.

But I won in the end, because the jury, composed of Americans , saw through their bullcrap. And that is the number one lesson that I have learned from what I have went through the past eight months. Don’t listen to their bullcrap. The United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights is on our side. Do not let them threaten you, scare you or anything else, if you are in the right, then do not give up because if you elect to have a trial by jury then you will be judged fairly and the truth will come out. And that is something we never use. I want what happened to me to be a learning experience to all the Patriots out there. We can use our system of justice of justice and beat this crap they are trying to force on us. We can use our justice system for our own benefit .

So anybody out there, in a position similar to mine, do not back up, do not be scared, if your business is going to hell, or your job, fight back, force the issue, bring it to the courts, request a trial by jury, exactly like I did. Do not be scared if they call you a racist like they did with me. Do not be scared if they try to force you into pleading guilty. Because, if you request a trial by jury, composed of American citizens, then you will be judged fairly, just like I was. Do not give up. Fight to your last breath if you have to, because it is worth it. The satisfaction I got when they came back with a not guilty verdict was overwhelming. I actually had tears in my eyes. And there were 18 of my supporters in the court room that was as happy as I me. It was overwhelming.

I am not a hero, or anything else similar, I am just a simple American citizen, a small businessman, that does not like,in the least, the path that my country is currently travelling on. And I am doing everything within my power to put her back on the right path. And I hope that a lot of you out there listen to me. I do not like the idea that it is okay that millions of illegal aliens invade our country. I do not like the idea that our justice system is aiding and abetting them, and the businesses that employ them. I have found a way to fight them, and that is through our justice system. And I encourage every one of you, in positions similar to mine, to force them to do the right thing like I did. Because, if you do, it will put this country back on the right path. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Lone Protester

Loneprotester that is a very profound statement to us and I truly not only appreciate the bravery this had to have taken from you, but the advice.

I don't know that I would have been that brave, but I'll tell you what. Your story has given me something that I would not have if I had not known you and about what happened to you.

God Bless you and THANK YOU AGAIN.

Quite honestly, there are several people who I wish could read this letter.

One of them is President Bush, the others are the candidates and ALL of our senators and congressmen.

I really think we all need to send this. If you will PM me on Monday, I will ask to see if we can as a group get this circulated because a lot of people need to hear what you have just said.

Thank you, as sincerely as it can be said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    I am not a hero, or anything else similar, I am just a simple American citizen, a small businessman, that does not like,in the least, the path that my country is currently travelling on. And I am doing everything within my power to put her back on the right path.
    It is Patriots like you standing united and refusing to give up that will get this turned around. You are an wonderful example to all of us!!! Thanks again!

In injustice that was made right at the end. Inconceivable that you had to endure this but I admire your tenacity and congratulate you on your victory.
    You stood strong and did not cave in to their unjust demands. This is what an American is - and that is why they can never become Americans. God bless.

Thanks for sharing this with us. This is a story I will not forget.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you really are a hero, right up there with Paul Revere.

I admire you so much for standing up for your rights, not backing down even with all the pressure they placed on you.

And I'm so sorry about your business. I have to admit that I was blind to this when we had our home built two years ago. We selected a builder and never gave anything else a thought. We visited the home site weekly and noticed that most of the contractors employed illegal aliens. We weren't able to ask them questions about the jobs because none of them spoke English. After we moved into the house we had over 30 items in need of repair and this was supposed to be a 'custom' high-end builder. They are finding the cheapest labor possible and it results in poor quality at top dollar. The owners of the businesses make higher profits but it doesn't get passed down to us. We regret that we didn't build on our own and hire all our own contractors - ones that only hired Americans. We learned our lesson the hard way.

I hope that you can find a way to rebuild your business. Maybe you can advertise that you only employ hard working American citizens. That would work for me as a customer.

I'm glad this ordeal is over for you. Thank you for sharing your experience here. I'm sure many will benefit from hearing it.

Thank you Lone Protester. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many others....and a big thank you for what you represented that day in that courtroom, for our country.
    God Bless,
    Anise

A note to thank you for sharing your empowering story. Your commitment and courage are truely worthy of respect and emulation. A sincere request for your permission to share and link your post, in it's entirety, in a forum / message board I frequent? I hope to provide provocative evidence of the hardship and danger of illegal immigration to the many contrarian posters who persist in defending this onslaught. Not that the sympathizers, apologists, and activists will be enlightened (doubtless, your experience will be rudely dismissed); but rather that those who ride the fence on this issue may comprehend with clarity the high stakes. Regardless, I stand and applaud in admiration and gratitude. Travel well, Rene.

Quote Originally Posted by sparx
    A note to thank you for sharing your empowering story. Your commitment and courage are truely worthy of respect and emulation. A sincere request for your permission to share and link your post, in it's entirety, in a forum / message board I frequent? I hope to provide provocative evidence of the hardship and danger of illegal immigration to the many contrarian posters who persist in defending this onslaught. Not that the sympathizers, apologists, and activists will be enlightened (doubtless, your experience will be rudely dismissed); but rather that those who ride the fence on this issue may comprehend with clarity the high stakes. Regardless, I stand and applaud in admiration and gratitude. Travel well, Rene.

Post it everywhere, you have my permission. It is time for the American people's voices to be heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast