Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

May 1st - national "Law Day"

Some cable news channels called yesterday’s events “National Immigration Day.â€

I read that.....to me May 1 is nightmare day for lawlessness. The 2 day pre-view to Cinq-o demio or whatever it is. The one holiday everyone has that means nothing day....across the globe.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

May Day can refer to various labor celebrations conducted on May 1 that commemorate the fight for the eight hour day. May Day in this regard is called International Workers' Day, or labor Day. The choice of May 1st was a commemoration by the Second International for the people involved in the 1886 Haymarket affair. The Haymarket incident occurred during the course of a three-day general strike in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I read that.....to me May 1 is nightmare day for lawlessness. The 2 day pre-view to Cinq-o demio or whatever it is. The one holiday everyone has that means nothing day....across the globe.

Cinco De Mayo.....May 5th. Usually mistaken to be Mexican Independence Day which is actually in Sept. and celebrates their freedom from Spanish rule

Cinco De Mayo celebrates a Mexican win over the French Army in the 1860s.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird

Cinco De Mayo.....May 5th. Usually mistaken to be Mexican Independence Day which is actually in Sept. and celebrates their freedom from Spanish rule

Cinco De Mayo celebrates a Mexican win over the French Army in the 1860s.
    Very true!
    Another little known fact is that President Lincoln sent American troops into Mexico to help them out after our civil war was over.