Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    This is not a system, it is organzied crime and it needs to busted, melted down and STOPPED!!! I am sick of the American middle class being screwed over and I am sure there are lots of sleeping Americans who have NOW awaken in horror to see the truth!!! WE just need to stand united AND SHOUT NO MORE!!!!

be careful, i hope wil dont get pissed about americans venting about the repercussions of our govs actions. we as americans have just recently been the target (mark)of the biggest con game in world history. 2 or 3 trillion bucks. as much as i dont want to be pessimistic,the fed is steering the USA down a slippery slope. god help america!

I am already stockpiling food in cans, topping off my gas tank when it is available to be pumped, and am seriously starting to wonder why the gas I do buy at any price is disappearing faster than it used to.
    I have bought several small grills to warm things, as I hate cold coffee in the morning--now I just have to go out and buy a percolator that can make the coffee on a grill in the first place. I am even saving branches that occasionally fall down for kindling when stores run out of barbecue fluid.
    Perhaps I am going nuts but I see very little happy ending for this whole financial mess. Just like stocking up in preparation for a hurricane, I just feel better
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

vortex

I think that is very wise.

We have always raised a garden and canned and frozen food, so to have a stockpile is not that unusual. It is always comforting to know you have that - but right now, it's even more so.

I lucked on to the cutest little wood cookstove at a garage sale the other day. I don't know if I'll ever use it - but if I do, I will and I do remember how.

Count me as one of those who don't have a clue as to what is really happening in the financial world. I know it isn't good, but I am not exactly sure of what is happening.

What is happening with the people who can't pay their mortgage payments? Does this bail out affect them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie wrote:
    What is happening with the people who can't pay their mortgage payments? Does this bail out affect them?
    The American people and their voice are nothing more than an irritation to this administration and congress. So are our votes. In fact, what both Dems and Repubs have done a lot in policies that are eroding the people's voice. One example is the determination of the Supreme Court about electing Bush. Of course, in those days, rabid Republican Katherine Harris was in charge of the Florida voting mess before it went before the courts. Goodness knows what shenanigans were done with the hanging and pregnant chads that made mainstream news. Currently, Palm Beach County FL has finally found about 2,000 lost ballots that were stuck in the wrong box in re a judicial election. Huh? Plenty of illegals are voting because there is very little cooperation between the feds and local elections officials to verify these people are allowed to vote.
    People who can't pay their mortgages are sunk, as are the American legal voters. What is more important than bailing out stockholders?
    To be short, what is less important than the American citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I am already stockpiling food in cans, topping off my gas tank when it is available to be pumped, and am seriously starting to wonder why the gas I do buy at any price is disappearing faster than it used to.
    I have bought several small grills to warm things, as I hate cold coffee in the morning--now I just have to go out and buy a percolator that can make the coffee on a grill in the first place. I am even saving branches that occasionally fall down for kindling when stores run out of barbecue fluid.
    Perhaps I am going nuts but I see very little happy ending for this whole financial mess. Just like stocking up in preparation for a hurricane, I just feel better
    You are not alone in preparing for the worst.... I'm truly frightened about the future.

I agree we are no longer important and after the amnesty, we will be totally irrelevant, I'm thinking.

But I seriously haven't heard what is going to be done with all the houses. Are they simply going to sit empty? Are they going to allow the people to remain in them? Are the mortgages going to reduced in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    You are not alone in preparing for the worst.... I'm truly frightened about the future.
    I AM STOCKED UP ON BASIC NEEDS AS WELL. I EVEN BOUGHT A SMALL CAMP STOVE AND SOME HEAT CELL, JUST IN CASE. RICE, BEANS, FLOUR, FREEZE DRIED FOODS. POWDERED EGG, MILK, AND BUTTER. CLEANING SUPPLIES, BATHROOM SUPPLIES. WATER, MEDICATION, FIRST AID SUPPLIES. PEOPLE SHOULD STOCK UP A BIT.

I AM USE TO DOING THIS AS I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO AND WE ARE ALL ENCOURAGED TO BE PREPARED FOR AN EARTHQUAKE. BUT I HAVE EXPLANDED TO A LARGER SCALE...JUST IN CASE.

If you check out the Drudge Report, Iran's Ahmadinejad is already claiming the US 'empire' nears collapse. I hope this wakes up America!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080924/D93COK780.html
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

working4change
    After work yesterday I stopped at the grocery store and I found myself talking to everyone I came in contact with about the bailout and how angry I felt. I asked them all to call and write their representatives.Sadly, only a few really knew what I was talking about and most were too consumed with their own issues to care. I normally do not accost strangers in public places but I felt so disturbed by the whole thing that I felt like crying from the roof tops over the injustice to the American people. For those who would listen I told them to check out Alipac.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast