Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain Pledge Website?

Friends,

I received this by email after a very polite call from the creator of the site from Asheville. I told him I would post this before our core activists to gather feedback.

Please check it out and post your honest thoughts and opinions.

William

---

William,

Thanks for visiting with me about the Border Security First Pledge for John McCain.

The bottom line is most people who feel strongly about illegal immigration and securing the borders WILL vote in the fall Presidential elections although they may not be excited to do so. I think this approach is a great opportunity for activists to stand up and force McCain's hand at what he will REALLY do, whether they vote for him or not. I think the heat, if intense enough, can be a positive force to extract promises out of McCain that he would otherwise be unwilling to make. If he is elected, at least his signing the pledge would keep the efforts of securing the borders first more on the offensive. If McCain gets in without being held to specific commitments, he is much more likely to be pulled toward the open borders crowd.

I understand your frustration with what you said about the Bush White House refusing to accept a petition with 460,000 signatures. I don't know exactly when that was but the big thing McCain faces now is the need for votes. Therefore this is the time to act.

The web site has just been completed and is www.McCainPledge.com I'd appreciate you taking a look and letting me know what you think. I hope it is something ALIPAC members might be interested in supporting.

Thanks,

Steve
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can't access it.

Remove the period from the link... there after .com and it works

On the surface it seems ok, but I really do not think it would do any good. The politicians will still do what they want with no real recourse on the peoples part.

Seems like something to make us all feel ok about voting for McCain. McCain is far more dangerous in other areas than immigration. (Wars, NAU, Globalization etc.)

Besides, by 2012 it will all be moot. The SPP/NAU will be in full effect and they wont be illegal any longer.

Just my 2 pesos worth..

http://www.mccainpledge.com/
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

.org NOT .com

Well you know, the fact is we are going to be stuck with either Obama, Clinton or McCain. McCain is having a lot of difficulty raising funds, and the republican base is far less enthusiastic about their candidate, compared to the Democrats.

So why not hold his feet to the fire now when he needs us? I would force the pledge !! If his hispanic groupies stand by his side, we will know he is lying. If the groupies dump him, we will know his pledge is sincere.

Let's face it, a republican with a pledge to secure borders is a little more attractive than two demo's with a pledge to open borders.

Used the .org address and it works fine. The pledge looks comprehensive enough at first glance although the deadlines seem a little too far out. I would like to see a little more urgency attached to this pledge. After all, dragging our feet has only gotten us in deeper on this issue. Also, didn't notice but would like to see sanctions against sanctuary cities in the form of funding cuts. Is that in the pledge?

Regarding McCain vs Clinton vs Obama. Sorry, but it's not even a contest when it comes to which is worse vs best for this country. Obama and Clinton will simply open the doors, citizens be damned! At least McCain, especially if he signs the pledge, will have gone a long way toward doing the right thing.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

McCain needs to stop buying into the boogeyman argument that all Hispanic US Citizens (the only group he needs to be concerned about since they are teh who VOTE) are for illegal immigration - they are not. And he needs to go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov

Seems like something to make us all feel ok about voting for McCain. McCain is far more dangerous in other areas than immigration. (Wars, NAU, Globalization etc.)
    I agree with you. I can't sign it because even though I would like to see McCain commit to protecting our borders first. I don't think he will keep any agreements if elected. Plus, like you I feel he is FAR more dangerous in other areas other than immigration. McCain will plunge this country deep into a depression and probably start WW III within a year of office.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov

I agree with you. I can't sign it because even though I would like to see McCain commit to protecting our borders first. I don't think he will keep any agreements if elected. Plus, like you I feel he is FAR more dangerous in other areas other than immigration. McCain will plunge this country deep into a depression and probably start WW III within a year of office.

I agree with the above.

Of the 3 candidates Clinton is the only one who has,on video,pledged to stop the NAU if it rears its ugly head.She also thinks NAFTA may be a bad idea and would not prolong the Iraqi war or get us into another war ie Iran like McCain may.

I know she is not a popular person here but the least threatening of the 3 still running. imo

I am still hoping for a miracle .
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Used the .org address and it works fine.
    I got nothing there? I got a pledge site at .com though?
    Whhhaatt's UUuppppp
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast