Memo Details How Bill Made Millions While Hillary Was Secretary Of State

October 27, 2016

A Wikileaks email released on Wednesday shows how former president Bill Clinton was able to pull in tens of millions of dollars while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State.

The hacked email sent in 2011 contained a 12-page memo where one of Bill Clinton’s closest aides, Doug Band details how he helped run what he called ‘Bill Clinton Inc.’

The memo was sent to John Podesta, Chelsea Clinton, and several board members of the Clinton Foundation and its lawyers, detailing how Band and another aide were able to secure more than $50 million from ventures such as expensive speaking fees.

Bill Clinton with aide Doug Band

Band wrote that by using his role as the president of his consulting firm Teneo, Band was able to raise millions for the Foundation and Clinton personally.

Band wrote that he helped obtain “in-kind services for the President and his family – for personal, travel, hospital, vacation and the like.”

“Throughout the past almost 11 years since President Clinton left office, I have sought to leverage my activities, including my partner role at Teneo to support and raise funds for the Foundation,” Band wrote.

“This memorandum strives to set forth how I have endeavored to support the Clinton Foundation and President Clinton personally.”

Under a section called “For-Profit Activity of President Clinton” Band said he Justin Cooper brought Clinton all four of his advisory arrangements at the time, which brought in more than $30million in personal income, with a further $66million to be paid out over the next nine years.

Band wrote that Teneo was responsible for negotiating a number of speaking fees for Clinton, including $1.15million from Ericson and $900,000 from UBS.

Band also said he also used his partner role at Teneo to solicit clients to donate to the Clinton Foundation, such as bringing in $4.33million over six years from Coca-Cola and over $1million from Barclays Capital over four years.

http://dennismichaellynch.com/memo-d...cretary-state/