Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Minuteman Tim Donnelly testing waters for a 2014 CA. governor bid

November 28, 2012

Minuteman Tim Donnelly testing waters for a 2014 governor bid

A conservative state legislator who is a former member of the anti-illegal immigration Minutemen Project is considering a run for California governor.

Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Twin Peaks, shared his plans to open an exploratory committee for a 2014 run in an interview with PolitiChicks.tv, a web video posted to a conservative website.

Donnelly, whose conservative stances and sometimes combative tactics have made him a lightening rod for controversy in the state Legislature, said he decided to consider a run "because there's just, there's nobody out there fighting for us."

"I believe that we as Californians can do heck of a lot better than Jerry Brown or anyone who wants to step into his footsteps, I don't care whether its Kamala Harris or Tony Villaraigosa or Gavin Newsom," he said of the possible Democratic contenders in 2014. "They're all going to push for the same ideas and I think California can do a lot better.'

Donnelly, who was first elected to the Assembly in 2010, attempted to qualify a statewide referendum of a law that allows some undocumented immigrants to attend colleges at lower in-state rates, but failed to collect enough voter signatures to get the measure on the ballot.

He achieved perhaps his greatest notoriety last year when he was detained at Ontario Airport for having a loaded handgun in his carry-on luggage. Donnelly, who said he had forgotten the gun was in his bag, pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor gun charges, paid a $2,215 fine and was placed on three years probation.

In the interview, Donnelly also offered a critique of the GOP's 2010 gubernatorial nominee, former EBay executive Meg Whitman, in the interview.

"What I think people rejected with Meg Whitman was she had a 50-page plan and she wasn't listening," he said. "And I think one of the best ways I can build support is travel the state, go from town to town, talk to business leaders, talk to community leaders, talk to individuals at their doorstep, at a rally, what have you, but do a lot of listening and find out what are the greatest concerns. And a lot of time people have solutions that politicians never thought of that will actually work."

Capitol Alert: Minuteman Tim Donnelly testing waters for a 2014 governor bid
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 03-12-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

DON'T REWARD THE CRIMINAL ACTIONS OF MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS

BY GIVING THEM CITIZENSHIP

March 12, 2014

Tim Donnelly's campaign manager quits campaign

Jennifer Kerns, Tim Donnelly's campaign manager in his run for governor, is splitting with the campaign, a source said.

Donnelly, a Twin Peaks assemblyman, had made Kerns a significant part of his campaign, In January he posted an online video celebrating her promotion to campaign manager.

"They say beside every good leader is a great woman," Donnelly tells the camera after opening clips of Kerns running and Donnelly drinking coffee with his wife, Rowena. "I've got two."

Donnelly, reached Wednesday afternoon, said he was unaware of Kerns leaving.

"That's news to me," he said.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...-campaign.html

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

UPDATED

March 12, 2014

Tim Donnelly's campaign manager quits campaign

Jennifer Kerns
    , Tim Donnelly's campaign manager, quit Donnelly's gubernatorial campaign Wednesday.

The announcement comes just days before the California Republican Party's convention in Burlingame and is a setback to the Twin Peaks assemblyman's bid. Donnelly, reached Wednesday afternoon, said he was unaware of the departure.

"That's news to me," he said.

Kerns said in a prepared statement that she is "proud to have taken a candidate from the launch of a campaign as an unknown, underdog candidate to frontrunner status in the polls, as well as having cleared the field of our closest GOP competitor."

She said a filmmaker who produced campaign video ads for Donnelly has also left "making this now two top strategic advisers who have left."

Donnelly had made Kerns a significant part of his campaign, In January he posted an online video celebrating her promotion to campaign manager.

"They say beside every good leader is a great woman," Donnelly tells the camera after opening clips of Kerns running and Donnelly drinking coffee with his wife, Rowena.

"I've got two."

Editor's note: This post was updated at 5:45 p.m. Wednesday to include the statement from Kerns.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...-campaign.html

NO AMNESTY