Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Must Watch: How Barack Obama Manipulates You (And Everyone Else) Through Propaganda

Must Watch: How Barack Obama Manipulates You (And Everyone Else) Through Propaganda

Whether you are Republican or Democrat, you better understand Obama's skill at public perception.

Daniel NoeMay 14, 2014

Reason TV takes a close look at the Obama White House’s strict control over how they are portrayed in both the mainstream and independent media

http://www.westernjournalism.com/reality-show-president-inside-obama-white-house-<acronym title="Google Page Ranking">pr</acronym>-machine/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Federalist Papers

What do you think about the fact that the White House has become more interested in spin and propaganda than truth? Does this White House intentionally deceive the American people?

PROPAGANDA: Barack Obama The Reality Show President: Inside the White House Spin Machine - [WATCH]
    thefederalistpapers.org

Barack Obama The Reality Show President: Inside the White House Spin Machine

By Steve Straub On May 14, 2014 · Leave a Comment · In US, Video

“I am who the media says I am. I say what they say I say. I become who they say I’ve become.”—Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope, 2006.

“Let me say it as simply as I can: Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.”—Barack Obama, 2009.
    Which Barack Obama is telling the truth here? Writing as a U.S. senator from Illinois, Obama laments that there will always be a barrier—the independent media—between him and the people he serves. As a public figure, his identity will be created by reporters and critics that he cannot control, distorted by the lenses of photographers who don’t answer directly to him.
    Only three years later, as commander in chief, President Obama took a far more trusting tone with the media. In his earliest speeches, he promised an administration of unparalleled openness, access, and integrity. Indeed, he asserted he was running “the most transparent administration in history” just four months before Edward Snowden spilled the beans on the National Security Agency.
    “The White House has effectively become a broadcast company,” says Michael Shaw, publisher of Bagnewsnotes.com, a site dedicated to the analysis of news images. Shaw explains how strategically composed photos, taken by official White House photographers, travel from social media sites that are controlled by the administration to the front pages of newspapers around the world.
    The press publishes the official White House photographs because independent photographers and videographers are increasingly barred from covering the president. This practice has diminished the power of the independent media as an exclusive distribution channel while empowering official photographers such as Pete Souza, who are on the presidential payroll.
    And so, says Shaw, the public has been fed a steady diet of whatever kind of president the news cycle demands. When conspiracy theorists questioned Obama’s patriotism, we saw images of Obama the American everyman. To celebrate the anniversary of Rosa Parks’ 1955 refusal to move to the back of a public bus in Montgomery, Alabama, we saw Obama reenact her famous image. Time and again, we see Obama striking poses out of John F. Kennedy’s repertoire. The official White House photographers have created a presidential identity for every conceivable occasion — as long as the image is flattering, and almost always, larger than life. While presidents have always sought to control their image, Shaw and many in the press say that Obama has restricted media access to an unparalleled degree. As the AP’s director of photography wrote last year in The New York Times, the Obama administration has “systematically tried to bypass the media by releasing a sanitized visual record of his activities through official photographs and videos, at the expense of independent journalistic access.”
    Media boycotts of official photographs have been ineffective in persuading the president to live up to his promise of transparency. It is only by a tradition of public openness, not law, that photographers have enjoyed access to the official business of the president. So we could revert to the practice before the JFK administration, when photographers were mostly kept away from the inner workings of the White House.
    Short of generating public outrage, there is little the independent media can do. “Because [the White House] can distribute directly through all these different [new and old media] channels,” says Shaw, “there’s really not much downside to it, there’s not much accountability.”
    All over the world, heads of state are producing idealized versions of their own identities on social media, a technology that empowers leaders every bit as much as the rest of us. Heads of state and politicians are increasingly free to project their own self-image directly to the public, with less accountability than ever from an independent press. From the White House on YouTube to Ten Downing Street on Flickr to Bashar al-Assad’s Instagram page, we may never see our politicians in the way that we did just a few years ago.
    Watch the video:

What do you think about the fact that the White House has become more interested in spin and propaganda than truth? Does this White House intentionally deceive the American people?

Via Reason TV

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...e-spin-machine
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Timothy Geithner: Obama White House Told Me to LIE!

May 12, 2014 By Matthew Burke

Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner says in his new memoir, released today, that the Obama White House instructed him to lie on Sunday talk shows about the economy.

As an example, Geithner referred specifically to a conversation he had earlier with White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer, in which Pfeiffer told him to twist the truth

“I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute,” Geitner said.

“Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.”

Geithner’s revelation shouldn’t exactly be considered a huge surprise as smoking gun emails uncovered by Judicial Watch show the Obama White House created the lie that the Benghazi attacks were caused by a hardly viewed, anti-Muslim YouTube video, rather than a planned terrorist attack. Susan Rice was sent on five Sunday talk shows to perpetuate the lie, repeated by Obama and then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Geithner writes in his memoir, called Stress Test, that during a discussion on spending cuts, Pfeiffer argued that “we couldn’t afford to alienate our base and split a weakened Democratic Party in pursuit of an imaginary compromise with Republicans who didn’t want to compromise.”

FOX News reported on Geithner’s accusation on Monday:

Video at the Page Link:

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/12/timot...old-me-to-lie/

Judge Nap on Geithner Book: Admin Has Been Lying From Day One

by Fox News Insider // May 12 2014 // 10:26pm
    As seen on The Kelly File

Video at the Page Link:

There is new fallout from revelations revealed in former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s new book, “Stress Test.”

In it, he wrote, “I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn't contribute to the deficit. It wasn't a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute.”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano was on “The Kelly File” to weigh in, saying this could not come out at a worse time for the administration. He said the government actively and aggressively lied and deceived the public on something they had a right to know about.
    “This administration has been lying, we now know, from day one, and now, with Benghazi, with General Clapper lying about the NSA […] they are really, really in the dog house when it comes to the credibility that they have lost with the American public,” he said.

Watch his full analysis above.

Read more about this story from Fox News:

Krauthammer: White House Has ‘A Clearly Manipulative Relationship With the Truth’

Fmr Treasury Secretary Claims WH Asked Him to Mislead the Public

Posted in: // Timothy Geithner // Social Security

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/05/12...en-lying-day-1

I wrote the Obama today and requested his resignation (tho I do not look forward to a President Biden). Then I wrote my Republican Congressman and requested that he and House leadership immediately begin impeachment for releasing criminals from immigration detention.