Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Brazilian friend Catholic Church TOO much FOR ILLEGALS!

For the past several weeks, my Brazilian friend has been attending a BAPTIST church. The main reason is that just about all her efforts to get help from the Catholic Church here in Dallas, TX, FELL FLAT! Despite being UNJUSTLY fired from her teaching job by a RACIST Mexican professor who HARASSED her for being a BRAZILIAN, being ALMOST MURDERED by a ROBBER who KNOCKED OUT her TWO FRONT teeth, needing a lawyer and being told by a CATHOLIC church that THEIR lawyers help ONLY ILLEGALS, and needing a YEAR to RECOVER from the assault, then being UNABLE to FIND work after having been out for so long, the Catholic Church DIDN'T seem TOO interested in helping my friend. So she found a nice Baptist church in January and is FINALLY GETTING MUCH-needed and deserved assistance! My friend says the Catholic Church caters TOO MUCH to ILLEGALS and she is RIGHT!

I would definately write a letter to the POPE. He needs to here stories of this nature. This does not sound too christian turning away those in need and siding with the offenders.

HERE'S HIS DIRECT EMAIL:

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/006422.html

Use the email address but change the issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm so dead at Alipac knowing the pope's email. I loves it.
    The CC will continue to support illegals b/c that's their
    biggest growing base and they have loads of kids which
    will ensure the church's existence.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

See stories like this piss me off because the woman obviously needed help and I am sure she donated money when attending church. But they can't help her out when she needs it? That's ridiculous. They should help all their followers no matter what because that's part of their belief system. If people can sit in the seats and give them their hard earned money then in return they should help them out when needed. That is why I do not donate to the church when I go because I know if I were to ask for help they would not give it.
    On a side note I was getting out of my car the other day and a man comes up and asks for money. Right next to my car was this huge truck, looked almost brand new and here come 4 nuns. I thought they had seen the man and were going to offer him help as he was homeless. They totally ignored him and went to their car carrying bags of purchases to their truck! I was in shock, but then after I thought about it I wasn't too surprised since it wasn't their money but their parishioners whose donated money had probably been used to purchase that nice truck.
    I also went to church last sunday and they gave out a pamphlet and in it it had said the previous week had netted close to 7,000 in donations. All I can say is having a church is a very lucrative business. And since they have stuck their nose in to politics and laws when it comes to illegals then perhaps the feds should get to work and start taxing that money! Imagine how much money it would be, it could maybe put a dent in trying to help states get out of debt because of the costs of Illegal aliens.

[quote="gemini282"]All I can say is having a church is a very lucrative business. quote]

That's it in a nutshell. And the Catholic Church, like all big businesses, is interested in helping illegal aliens come here and stay here and be supported by our tax dollars. After all, these people will give to the Church what they don't send out of the Country.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetincali
    they have loads of kids which will ensure the church's existence.

...and a steady supply of fresh, young meat!!!

Re: My Brazilian friend Catholic Church TOO much FOR ILLEGAL

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    For the past several weeks, my Brazilian friend has been attending a BAPTIST church. The main reason is that just about all her efforts to get help from the Catholic Church here in Dallas, TX, FELL FLAT! Despite being UNJUSTLY fired from her teaching job by a RACIST Mexican professor who HARASSED her for being a BRAZILIAN, being ALMOST MURDERED by a ROBBER who KNOCKED OUT her TWO FRONT teeth, needing a lawyer and being told by a CATHOLIC church that THEIR lawyers help ONLY ILLEGALS, and needing a YEAR to RECOVER from the assault, then being UNABLE to FIND work after having been out for so long, the Catholic Church DIDN'T seem TOO interested in helping my friend. So she found a nice Baptist church in January and is FINALLY GETTING MUCH-needed and deserved assistance! My friend says the Catholic Church caters TOO MUCH to ILLEGALS and she is RIGHT!
    I would splatter this all over the media and to all of the Latino civil rights groups!

These are two letters submitted to Father Stephen F. Tarraco, who answers quesions for EWTN which is A Catholic TV cable show and they have a website. The lettes express what most of American citizens feel about illegal immigration. I am very pleased by his response. Not all churches feel like Cardinal Mahoney. It is individual priests and nuns as well as politics in every area of the country. I think what happened down in Texas was racist and down right political considering it is right on the border. IMHO

I'm a Catholic and I am very glad to here Father Tarraco's response. I WOULD STILL RECOMMEND SENDING THE POPE AN EMAIL.

immigration and amnesty
    Question from on 04-30-2007:

I am puzzled by Bishops, Priests, Deasons and Sisters throughout the United States who promote illegal immigration by marching in demonstations and saying they will resist government attempts to stop it. There is even a Bishop in the southwest who openly promotes the idea that we are all citizens of North America therefore its o.k. to ignore the borders and the laws of a sovereign nation for any reason.
    Recently in my hometown parish an illegal alien who was deported was introduced to the congregation as a hero for retuning to the country a second time illegally. Was our Pastor wrong? Many of the people attending the Mass where this occurred thought so.

I have heard it said that we should welcome the stranger in our midst and that this is the overriding justification the Church uses to say its O.K. to break United States immigration laws. Frequently at these demonstrations its said that if you are hungry, poor or need a job just come here and we will help you subvert the laws of the country.

Please explain how the Church got itself into a position where lawbreakers are glorified and law abiding citizens are denigrated for speaking out about their rejection of illegal immigration. It doesn't seem to me this is appropriate or am I just looking at this wrong. Please help me understand.

CN

Answer by Fr.Stephen F. Torraco on 05-01-2007:
    The actions and statements of clergy and religious in support of illegal immigration does not represent the teaching of the Church. It is simply their own opinions. Clearly, according to the Church's teaching, it is a moral evil to violate civil laws that are not unjust. And surely, it is not unjust for a nation to defend its borders.

ANOTHER LETTER AND RESPONSE

illegal immigrants
    Question from on 04-11-2007:

Fr. Torraco,
    I am struggling to understand the position that many Church leaders have taken regarding the stay of illegal immigrants in the United States. Would you please explain why so many of our Church leaders are proponents to allow all illegal immigrants to remain in a country in which their entry was knowingly unlawful. What is the moral law that would trump civil law in this situation?

I live in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, and Roger Cardinal Mahoney is an outspoken advocate to allow illegal immigrants to categorically stay in our country without any provision or qualification to the lawfulness of their entry into the country.

Thank you for the service that you and your colleagues at EWTN provide us, Lawrence

Answer by Fr.Stephen F. Torraco on 04-27-2007:
    The positions of various Church leaders on illegal immigrants are entirely their own opinions and not the official teaching of the Church. If the Church has any applicable teaching on this issue, it would be that the civil government has the obligation to uphold laws that are just and citizens are obliged to obey such laws.

http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult ... &start_at=

http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult ... &start_at=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: My Brazilian friend Catholic Church TOO much FOR ILLEGAL

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    I was raised Catholic, but will never attend the Catholic church ever again. It is stories that like this one that makes me feel even more comfortable about my decision.
    I feel so bad for your friend. She needs to complain to someone. I agree with CCUSA, maybe a letter to the Pope might help. I also agree with carolinamtnwoman, get this all over the news!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The illegal aliens will turn their backs on the Catholic Church when the money runs out. If they can't get any money from the church, they will leave. It's hard to tell who's greedier, the IA's or the church.

In the meantime, the church will lose thousands of citizens.
    "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast