Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I received a couple more responses. At least I am learning who cares the most about this issue, which should be helpful.

Senator Berger shares your concerns about the illegal immigration problems. He has asked me to send you a list of bills introduced by Senate Republicans that addresses this problem. If you search the North Carolina General Assembly website, you will find the history of these bills as well as others not listed here. Senator Berger and many other Republican members in the Senate and House will continue to introduce bills that will protect our legal citizens from the burdens brought on by illegal immigration. Thank you for your interest in this very serious problem.

S1323-Traffic Stop/Drivers License-Legal Presence(Senator Phil Berger)
    S1189-Security and Immigration Compliance(Senator Austin Allran)
    S807-LEOs/Enforce Federal Immigration Laws(Senator Robert Pittenger)
    S405-Reduce Number of Illegal Aliens in Jails(Senator Harris Blake)
    S573-Restrict Contracts & Benefits/Illegal Aliens(Senator Robert Pittenger)
    S1026-Drivers License Issuance/Expiration Dates(Senator Fletcher Hartsell)

Barbara Eldridge for Senator Phil Berger

__________________________________________________ ___

Thank you for your e-mail. We have strengthened the law on acquiring driver's license in North Carolina. It is a start, but we have much more work to do on the issue. The real problem is that Washington has not implemented a national policy. I will continue to do all I can to strengthen North Carolina 's laws on illegal immigration whilw we wait upon the federal government to do its job.
    Regards,
    Steve Goss
    NC Senate
    District 45
    __________________________________________________ _

I changed my letter a little to include mention of all three states with tough immigration laws. I also emailed Governor, Lt. Governor and the House Speaker and President Pro Temp since they are supposed to have the most influence on this.

I will update again as I get more responses.

OMG, Lynne, you are doing great! Awesome responses.

Before joining Alipac, I thought that nobody in legislatures would ever listen to me. But now, I see that a lot do!! I get more inspired each time. You are seeing that firsthand now too. Alipac is a political action committee (that's the PAC in ALIPAC). We act. Thank you for doing so much for NC. Every action counts.

You go, girl!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Thank you EX OC. It feels good to be doing 'something'. If nothing else I am keeping this issue fresh in their minds.

I wrote back to Senator Goss yesterday:
    Senator Goss,
    Thank you for your commitment to this important matter. I understand Senator Pittenger will be sponsoring a bill in May similar to Oklahoma, Arizona and Georgia's laws on immigration. I hope you will consider supporting it.

Best Regards,

And this was his response:

I will certainly support any bill that addresses the problem for North Carolina.
    Blessings,
    Steve

These responses motivate me to keep fighting this fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Thank you EX OC. It feels good to be doing 'something'. If nothing else I am keeping this issue fresh in their minds.

I wrote back to Senator Goss yesterday:
    Senator Goss,
    Thank you for your commitment to this important matter. I understand Senator Pittenger will be sponsoring a bill in May similar to Oklahoma, Arizona and Georgia's laws on immigration. I hope you will consider supporting it.

Best Regards,

And this was his response:

I will certainly support any bill that addresses the problem for North Carolina.
    Blessings,
    Steve

These responses motivate me to keep fighting this fight!
    Wow, Lynne, it sounds like Pittenger already has something in the works. That is awesome news! And May is not that long off. Awesome for NC!!

I am still working on my state Senator to sponsor a bill. I feel like a pest already. Heheeh. I've been emailing him every day with news that I pick up here and on americanpatrol.com. I am going to try real hard to give him a break. Hahha.

Right now, he is more concerned about the opening of a Mexican consulate here in Boise. He emailed me back yesterday that he is meeting with our House Rep (US Congress) on Tuesday, and he will discuss this with him. Wish us luck!

Best of luck EX OC. I hope you are able to convince them.

I just learned about the Pittenger bill by sending these letters. I had no idea anyone in NC was working on this. I'm feeling more hopeful now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Best of luck EX OC. I hope you are able to convince them.

I just learned about the Pittenger bill by sending these letters. I had no idea anyone in NC was working on this. I'm feeling more hopeful now.
    Lynne, don't let up. Keep doing what you're doing. You are on the right path.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12