Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nation Should Follow New Haven's Lead (Crackpot Opinion)

Nation Should Follow New Haven's Lead
    By Izaskun E. Larrañeta
    8/13/2007

Last month, New Haven became the first city in the nation to issue municipal identification cards to its residents regardless of their legal status in this country.

And to that I say, Kudos, New Haven! It's about time someone took action to address immigration reform. The federal government has faltered in this arena, stuck on such issues as a border security, guest worker programs, penalties and whether it's really immigration reform or amnesty.

The bottom line is that there are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in this country and they are not going anywhere.

I'm not saying that what these individuals did is right or fair to those who entered the country legally.

But the prospect of sending them all back borders (pun intended) on the ridiculous.

The results would be devastating not only to the U.S. economy but more importantly it would destroy families and separate parents from their children, many of whom were born here legally.

The program in New Haven is designed to give identification cards to those who may not already have them, including the elderly, children and illegal immigrants. Without these cards, city officials say, immigrants would not be able to open bank accounts, making them targets for crime because of the cash they carry or keep at home.

New Haven Mayor John DeStefano Jr. has said he supports the program because it acknowledges the presence of all residents in the city. He hopes to bring illegal immigrants out from the shadows.

I think it's a brave stance to take.

Before you start sending me e-mails about how “these peopleâ€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    [quote="ALIPAC"][quote]“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!â€
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

His opinion is redundant and simple-minded, once again ignoring the spectre that is Mexico. I'm so fed up with morons like this acting like we have an obligation to these invaders. This debate MUST be reframed in terms of Mexico taking responsibility for its people. It would be good strategy because there would be no compelling defense from the other side. It would also force a national discussion about whether we truly are moving toward a borderless North America--get it all "out in the open" , ala that lame CNN show.

Again, its a latin author for the latins, by the latins nothing but the latins.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The statue of Liberty may need to be taken down if you really think it's an open invitation for any illegal that decides they want to come here. Then have a few babies so they can be citizens and milk all the systems that WE legal Americans pay for.
    There is no half way point here. All illegals need to be sent back where they came from. There is a legal way to enter our country and it's the only way!
    We don't need the poor people of the world taking over our country. We don't need our country be become one of the countries they are trying to run from. That is exactly what is happening.
    We need to end the Anchor Baby Law. If both parents are citzens of another country, so is that baby. Is that too hard to understand?
    No, we wont' educate the illegals. They have sucked off our system all their lives. The end is now.
    I just pray that all the illegals do go back where they came from because they can't find a job. And take their anchor babies with them. Fight for their own country. We are going to fight for ours!
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Without these cards, city officials say, immigrants would not be able to open bank accounts, making them targets for crime because of the cash they carry or keep at home.
    This is what sort of makes me chuckle, right after they issued these ID cards to cut down crime, didn't New Haven get hit with even more crime including the slashing of the police vehicle tires? Plus I thought one needed a valid SS# to have a bank account for tax purposes and such. Someone explain to me how legal this is??? Cause it's not.

I think all parents of college age children should not send their kids to Yale, I say boycott that college by all means and not support that town at all.