Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    Do you think it is kind of "strange" he has chosen Lincoln?
    Does he realize Lincoln was a Republican?
    Maybe it has something to do with the Civil War?
    I find it fitting actually. The civil war was not about freeing slaves when it started. It was about states rights and the right of the people to self govern. It was about following the constitution. Lincoln took what was supposed to be a WEAK federal government, with the STATES holding the power and flip flopped it. By Obama aligning himself with Lincoln, I believe he will do his best to do to the rest of the constitution what Lincoln did to the tenth amendment.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You are right on the mark Cayla, the Civil War was not about slavery until Lincoln became concerned that France and England would enter the war on the side of the confederacy. It all boils down to where the power lies...in the states or federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    Do you think it is kind of "strange" he has chosen Lincoln?
    Does he realize Lincoln was a Republican?
    Maybe it has something to do with the Civil War?
    I find it fitting actually. The civil war was not about freeing slaves when it started. It was about states rights and the right of the people to self govern. It was about following the constitution. Lincoln took what was supposed to be a WEAK federal government, with the STATES holding the power and flip flopped it. By Obama aligning himself with Lincoln, I believe he will do his best to do to the rest of the constitution what Lincoln did to the tenth amendment.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

What a phony! All Obama is, is a Lincoln wannabe. The guy must be delusional, normal person wouldn't be so blatantly trying to COPY everything that Lincoln did. I believe the proper term is DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR.

Here's a quote from a dictionary:
    "For example, "delusions of grandeur" are typical in schizophrenia, where a patient may well truly believe that they are actually the leader of a country, or a reincarnation of someone important. "

Obama actually is a leader of a country, but he seems to think of himself as a GREAT leader, akin to Lincoln, that's why he's copying him so much.

These delusions of grandeur could get him, and the country, into big trouble. That's because he doesn't care as much about the country, but about becoming as great (or infamous, as some here believe) as Lincoln.

Mark my words, this country will pay a steep price for electing this loon.

It's also pretty interesting that the Libs who elected Obama because they were upset about a few thousand American lives lost in Iraq war, elected someone who's idol is a president under who's watch there was the greatest loss of American lives EVER!

The wording of the declaration had better not change, that's all I've got to say.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know what Obama can go start his own damn country since ours isn't good enough for his point of view!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12