Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NORTH CAROLINA MAY JUMP IN THE ARIZONA LAW BANDWAGON!YEPEE!!

http://obsthisland.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... ation.html

North Carolina eyes Arizona immigration law

A state senator says North Carolina should consider an immigration policy similar to Arizona's new law that makes it a crime to be in the country illegally.

The move adds North Carolina to a list of some 20 states reportedly considering introducing bills similar to Arizona's controversial law. Recent polls show that more than 60 percent of Americans support the law.

Senator Don East, a Surry Republican, introduced his resolution, S1349, this week to consider legislation that requires immigrants carry identification that proves they’re in the country legally. Twelve Republican senators, including Senator Bob Rucho of Matthews and Austin M. Allran of Hickory, have signed on to co-sponsor the resolution.

East, a retired police officer, told the Mount Airy News he introduced the resolution because he wants to make sure the federal immigration laws are obeyed in North Carolina.

“If the federal government’s not going to follow the federal statute, let the states do it,â€
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

That would be a dream come true. Don't think it will happen, but I sure will be keeping my fingers crossed !!

With Perdue as Governor and Hagan as Senator, both Dems, I don't think this law will ever pass!

They both completely ignore any faxes or e-mails I have sent.