Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA alert: Call again, floor debate today? 7/29

Date: Monday 28JUL08 12:30 p.m. EDT

U.S. House Leadership considering vote this week to weaken E-Verify to help illegal aliens

DEAR FRIENDS,

The threat to the E-Verify system has increased in the U.S. House of Representatives.

We need your faxes and phone calls immediately this afternoon because the vote to weaken E-Verify could happen as early as tomorrow (Tuesday).

Go to your personalized Action Buffet corkboard at:
    www.NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet

The news from your NumbersUSA Capitol Hill Team at this moment is this:

# The House Democratic Leadership is planning to bring the E-Verify re-authorization to the floor this week -- maybe even Tuesday. (E-Verify will automatically be killed as a program if it is not re-authorized by November.)

# The Leadership is leaning toward re-authorizing it for only 3 years instead of 10 years, so pro-illegal-immigration forces will have a chance sooner to kill or weaken it (in hopes that the American people aren't paying as much attention then).

# And the Leadership is also looking at several tricky funding rules to attach that would weaken the E-Verify program and perhaps make it easier to kill it next year through back-door, non-public actions.

Every Member of Congress needs to have staff inundated this afternoon and tomorrow with this message:

1. Re-authorize E-Verify this week for a minimum of 10 years and with NO strings attached.

2. E-Verify is the most effective tool to protect vulnerable American workers from unscrupulous businesses that hire illegal foreign workers to displace American workers or depress their wages. A vote to weaken E-Verify in any way is a vote to weaken protections of American working families during a serious economic downturn.

3. E-Verify is the main tool being used by an increasing number of states, counties and cities to keep businesses in their jurisdiction from mistreating American workers. To weaken the E-Verify program is to drive a stake into the heart of local government and communities trying to protect their quality of life.

The fact is that the pro-illegal-immigration Congressmen and lobbies are scared to death that an E-Verify movement is going to sweep the country and create a de-facto mandatory verification system that will ruin plans for amnesties and for importing millions more foreign workers to keep wages, working conditions and benefits as low as possible.

Nearly every institutional force in Washington D.C. wants E-Verify gutted.

Only the mobilization of you and hundreds of thousands of others in this grassroots network will put a stop to the gutting.

Good luck.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks fedup. Time to make some calls.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Everyone, please help out if you can and CALL, FAX etc.

The Democrats are again working against the interests of regular, hard working citizens and pandering to their radical, special interest, open-border donors. We can't let them get away with this.

Okay, just sent my fax to my rep. They make it so easy and quick. I also called my rep.

Done, faxed and called. Thanks for the reminder.

working4change
    Thanks for the heads up...I have called and faxed.

MW
    Done. Rep. David Price (D-NC) must be sick of getting my faxes and calls by now because his ideas concerning illegal immigration and border security are the direct opposite of mine.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I called and faxed. I also told them my predicament with competeing with illegals for a job. They were very nice and understanding and told me they would definitely pass it on. thanks fedup and numersusa
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pjwishes
    I called and faxed. I also told them my predicament with competeing with illegals for a job. They were very nice and understanding and told me they would definitely pass it on. thanks fedup and numersusa

Welcome pjwishes. There are a number of other Illinoisans here -keep your eye out.

There is lots of work to do in this grand state.

Good job everyone -now let's hope they listen.

Can Menedez retract his threat? Just how firm is he. AND why does one person have all that power??

I used Numbers USA to send a fax and personnally called every OH congressman / woman. I doubt they are getting very many calls. Most congressional offices didn't know what I was talking about. Of course the least experienced aid may be manning the phone.

I did speak with my congressman's legoslatrive aid regarding immigration, he was brand new to the task and admittedly wasn't informed about the E-verify program. I explained how valuable it is and asked for it to reauthorized for 10 years. When I finished, I said a prayer.

Please fax and CALL your elected rep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast