Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OBAMA BLAMES AMERICA FOR MEXICO’S GUN VIOLENCE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

OBAMA BLAMES AMERICA FOR MEXICO’S GUN VIOLENCE

OBAMA BLAMES AMERICA FOR MEXICO’S GUN VIOLENCE

By ERIC ODOM
    Published: May 3, 2013 | 24 Comments

Which country is Barack Obama President of again? I’m a little confused on this. I mean, a U.S. President is, after all, tasked with protecting the rights of Americans. How does a guy who blames Americans for violent actions of another country and calls for limitations on American rights actually upholding his oath to office?

Via Real Clear Politics.

“Most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States,” President Obama said during a speech at Mexico’s Anthropology Museum. “I think many of you know that in America, our Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms. And as president, I swore an oath to uphold that right, and I always will.”

“But at the same time, as I’ve said in the United States, I will continue to do everything in my power to pass common-sense reforms that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people. That can save lives here in Mexico and back home in the United States. It’s the right thing to do,” Obama added.

It’s also interesting that Obama is in Mexico calling for immigration reform.

Video at the Page Link:
    http://www.libertynews.com/2013/05/o...-gun-violence/

Interesting tactic for a guy who is supposed to be representing Americans.

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/05/o...-gun-violence/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama is a HABITUAL LIAR; a Mentally Incompetent psychopath with delusions of grandeur

Mexico ... you should of Arrested this Megalomaniac for the 2,000 + guns that Obama AND Eric Holder gave to Drug Lords and charged him with Genocide of the Mexican People
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have to add to this one..

I thought G.W. "The Town Drunk" "Village Idiot" Bush was SCREWED in the Head

Obama out Bushes Bush so bad he should Get rid of Barry and Barack and Go with G.W. Squared

BUSINESS

OBAMA BLAMES VIOLENCE IN MEXICO ON AMERICA’S LUST FOR DRUGS, GUNS

May. 3, 2013 1:59pm Becket Adams

U.S. President Barack Obama steps off Air Force One upon arrival at Benito Juarez International Airport (MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty)

Speaking in Mexico on Friday, President Barack Obama blamed U.S. gun manufactures for the violence in the country, adding that much of it stems from the American demand for illegal drugs.

“Much of the root cause for violence that has been happening here in Mexico, for which so many Mexicans have suffered, is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States,” Obama said during a speech at Mexico’s Anthropology Museum

He then turned his attention to U.S. gun owners and gun control.

“Most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States,” Obama said. “I think many of you know that in America, our Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms. And as president, I swore an oath to uphold that right, and I always will.”

“But at the same time, as I’ve said in the United States, I will continue to do everything in my power to pass common-sense reforms that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people,” he added.

“That can save lives here in Mexico and back home in the United States. It’s the right thing to do,” Obama said.

Video at the Page Link:

Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
    Featured image Getty Images.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...or-drugs-guns/

Even when caught red handed, th Obama sticks to the pre set agenda talking points and lies. JMO

OBAMA BLAMES U.S. FOR GUN SMUGGLING IN MEXICO; NO MENTION OF FAST AND FURIOUS

by MARY CHASTAIN 3 May 2013,

President Barack Obama told the Mexican people today that the United States is partly to blame for Mexico’s drug violence because of illegal drugs and gun smuggling. However, he did not mention the gun smuggling undertaken by his own administration under the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Operation Fast and Furious.

Speaking to Mexican university students, Obama pointed a finger at his own country, as Reuters reported:

Drug-fueled violence in Mexico is not entirely the fault of the Mexican people, he said. Instead, the United States shares the blame because much of the violence is centered around the Americans' demand for illegal drugs and the fact that guns are smuggled into Mexico from the United States.

"In this relationship there is no senior partner or junior partner. We are two equal partners, two sovereign nations that must work together in mutual interest and mutual respect," Obama said.

Obama also vowed to jail gun smugglers--though did not mention any members of his own administration:

We recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States...we’ll keep increasing the pressure on the gun traffickers who bring illegal guns into Mexico, and we’ll keep putting these criminals where they belong--behind bars.

Far from pursuing the smugglers in Operation Fast and Furious, President Obama asserted executive privilege over documents related to the operation last year in an attempt to bar congressional investigations.

Fast and Furious was a gun-walking operation out of the Phoenix ATF office. Agents allowed guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels and did nothing to trace or intercept the weapons. It started in the fall of 2009 and only ended in December 2010 when Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered in Arizona; the guns at the scene were traced to Fast and Furious.

Over 300 deaths in Mexico are linked to Fast and Furious guns and hundreds are still missing. No one within the DOJ has been held accountable and no one has revealed who came up with Fast and Furious or who approved it.

Evidence shows Fast and Furious was used as a way to promote tighter gun control laws. There is also plenty of evidence that shows knowledge of the operation went into the upper echelons of the DOJ and other departments.

Breitbart News’s Joel Pollak reported in July 2011 that Representative Darrell Issa and Senator Charles Grassley requested communications between the White House, State Department, and DOJ pertaining to Fast and Furious.

In March 2009, about six months before Fast and Furious launched, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told Mexico almost the exact same thing Obama said today:

“Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade,” Mrs. Clinton said, using unusually blunt language. “Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.”

The following month Obama repeated Clinton’s sentiments:

"This war is being waged with guns purchased not here, but in the United States. More than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that line our shared border."

Obama forgets evidence proves the majority of guns in Mexico do not come from America. Only 17% have been traced back to America.

If Obama wants to stop gun smuggling to Mexico, he needs to start in his own administration.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...st-and-Furious

Omg!
    Who in hell Is he working for..last I knew our president worked for us the American citizens of the United States of America!
    not the frigging illegals who are not citizens and never should be citizens..why isn't he impeached yet! How long do we have to wait till his ass is out of our house!
    Same ole crap out of his cunning mouth.."BLAME BLAME BLAME!!!!!!
    Its our fault for the guns our fault for the drugs.....well lock down the borders stop the illegals and drug runners from getting in protect us Obama US THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FROM THE DRUGS N CARTELS LOCK DOWN THE DAM BORDER!!!

Why are you blaming us again ....sick he is sick...blame us for making it so easy for to drugs to come in and the guns to go into Mexico...wow...SIMPLE TO STOP THE DRUGS SHUT THE BORDERS THEN MAKE DAM SURE THEY Can't GET BACK IN !!!
    So why is he still there?
    Airborne....I have a feeling Mexico has Obama right where they want him....in our house to take over along with every other country who hates us, I would have loved to seen Mexico cuff his brainwashing ass and throw away the key....who would he cry for....the father he only dreams of ...UGH!!

Anything to weaken the United States on the world stage.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

11 Hours Ago by Tim Brown

Obama Apologizes For America In Mexico, Then Thanks Hispanics For Their Vote

30 Comments

Barack Hussein Obama went on another campaign of apologizing for America today in Mexico. Speaking at the Anthropology Museum in Mexico City, Obama told Mexican college students that “that much of the root cause of violence that’s been happening here in Mexico, from which so many Mexicans have suffered, is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States” and that “we also recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States.” He failed to make any mention of his administration’s engagement in Operation Fast and Furious. He then thanked Hispanics for their vote, for ‘without strong support of Hispanics’ he would not have been president.

Obama opened with a statement in which he said his daughter Malia was “smarter than me.” That probably is a true statement.

“Our attitudes sometimes are trapped in old stereotypes,” Obama said. “Some Americans only see the Mexico that is depicted in sensational headlines of violence and border crossings — and let’s admit it. Some Mexicans think that America disrespects Mexico, or thinks that America is trying to impose itself on Mexican sovereignty or just wants to wall ourselves off. And in both countries, such distortions create misunderstandings that make it harder for us to move forward together. So I’ve come to Mexico because I think it’s time for us to put the old mind-sets aside. It’s time to recognize new realities, including the impressive progress of today’s Mexico.”

So here he is apologizing for the way some Americans perceive Mexicans and assumes that Americans disrespect Mexicans. But lo and behold he, the One, has come to Mexico to cast aside such mind-sets.

Talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded today to this blather by stating, “Now, if he goes to Mexico as a candidate in 2008 and says that, that’s one thing. He has been president for four and a half years, and he’s down in Mexico talking about a country, America that he has nothing to do with, it appears. If this country is attempting to impose itself on Mexico, who the hell would be doing that? There’s only one man who has that power. I can’t impose anything on Mexico. Neither can you. Nor can John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. Only one man can impose America on Mexico.”

Obama spoke as if he hasn’t been in the Oval Office for the past four years. His talk was as though he has had nothing to do with relations and immigration over the past four years. In other words, the blame is on someone else, not him.

“So here’s the sitting president of the United States of America traveling to Mexico speaking to Mexican citizens,” Limbaugh continued, “apologizing and criticizing the country he leads and has been leading for four and a half years. This criticism is offered in such a way that that audience will not associate him with any of the complaints that he has about the country. Thus Obama can never be seen governing. His fingerprints can never be on anything. This is how he gets away with constantly criticizing this country and for often apologizing for it. But in reality he’s criticizing himself. In reality he’s apologizing for himself, in addition to this notion that America is trying to impose itself on Mexican sovereignty? What is that? No, I don’t know what it means.”

But this wasn’t all Obama said. He then spoke about drugs and guns. In fact, he blamed Mexico’s violence on American guns!

“We understand that much of the root cause of violence that’s been happening here in Mexico, from which so many Mexicans have suffered, is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States,” Obama said. “We also recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States. Many of you know that in America our Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms. And as president, I swore an oath to uphold that right, and I always will. But at the same time, as I’ve said in the United States, I will continue to do everything in my power to pass common-sense reforms that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people that can save lives here in Mexico and back home in the United States. It’s the right thing to do.”

Notice missing from this is how his administration armed Mexican drug cartels by illegally allowing nearly 2,500 weapons to simply walk across the border in full view of federal agents. Also note how there is no mention of how his administration has stonewalled the investigation into Fast and Furious in the same manner they have the Benghazi scandal.

Then Obama suggested that Americans have not treated Mexicans with “dignity and respect,” and that we must “recognize our responsibility” to do so, including “recognizing how the United States has been strengthened by the extraordinary contributions of immigrants from Mexico and by Americans of Mexican heritage …. Indeed, without the strong support of Hispanics, including so many Mexican Americans, I would not be standing before you today as President of the United States.”

Obama then went on to speak about immigration. “The immigration system we have in the United States right now doesn’t reflect our values. It separates families when we should be reuniting them. It’s left millions of people to live in the shadows. It deprives us of the talents of so many young people, even though we know that immigrants have always been the engine of our economy, starting some of our greatest companies and pioneering new industries. That’s one of the reasons I acted to lift the shadow of deportation from what we call the dreamers, young people brought to the United States as children. And that’s why I’m working with our Congress to pass common-sense immigration reform this year. (applause) I’m convinced we can get it done.”

My guess is that immigration is not just about getting votes from the Hispanic community, but is also about getting more Islamists into the United States as well.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/05/ob...or-their-vote/

Obama: Americans 'Are Root Cause of Violence That's Been Happening Here in Mexico'

May 3, 2013By Fred Lucas
    Subscribe to Fred Lucas RSS

US President Barack gestures as he speaks at the Anthropology Museum in Mexico City, Friday, May 3, 2013. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

(CNSNews.com) –
    President Barack Obama, speaking in Mexico City on Friday, said the United States is responsible for much of the crime and violence in Mexico because of the demand for drugs and the illegal smuggling of guns across the southern border.

He told the crowd, “We understand that the root cause of violence that’s been happening here in Mexico for which so many Mexicans have suffered is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States.” He later added, “We also recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States.”

Obama acknowledged the illegal smuggling of guns into Mexico by American criminals, but did not mention the Justice Department’s Operation Fast and Furious that allowed the flow of about 2,000 U.S. guns to Mexican drug trafficking organizations. Fast and Furious began in the fall of 2009 and was halted in December 2010 after two of the weapons from the DOJ gun walking program were found at the murder scene of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.

“In the United States, we understand our responsibilities. We understand that the root cause of violence that’s been happening here in Mexico for which so many Mexicans have suffered is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States,” Obama said. “So we’ve got to continue to make progress on that front.”

Obama opposes legalizing drugs, but wants to approach the matter beyond just law enforcement.

“I’ve been asked, and I honestly do not believe that legalizing drugs is the answer,” the president said. “But I do believe that a comprehensive approach, not just law enforcement, but education and prevention and treatment, that’s what we have to do. We’re going to have to stay at it, because of the lives of our children and the futures of our nations depend on it.”

He went on to talk about America’s role in fueling gun violence in Mexico and pledged to the Mexican people to push harder for gun control in his own country, referencing the Second Amendment.

“We also recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States,” Obama said. “I think many of you know that in America, the Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms. As president, I swore an oath to uphold that right, and I always will.

“But at the same time, as I’ve said in the United States, I will continue to do everything in my power to pass common sense reforms to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people that can save lives here in Mexico and back home in the United States. It’s the right thing to do,” he said.

“We’ll keep increasing the pressure on gun traffickers who bring illegal guns into Mexico. We’ll keep putting these criminals where they belong, behind bars,” the president added.

Last month, an Obama-backed gun control measure for stricter background checks failed to pass the democratically controlled Senate.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obam...ng-here-mexico

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast