Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"...because all these folks prefer the simpler term 'citizen' or just plain American."

Well, wouldn't we all...rather than being called "racists", "xenophobes", and/or "gringo(a)", to name some of the more printable terms used?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Well, Dixie I have always seen it the other way around. I think Americans are more obsessed about race than Mexicans, and probably any other people on earth. Obsessed in the sense that the media is constantly stirring racial division. I think Mexicans see the guilt complex that most Americans have regarding race, and use it to their advantage. That non-white ethnocentrism is highly accepted in this country, and guilting the majority demographic into accepting demands based on false claims of racism is seen as a highly successful strategy for ethnic chauvanism and activism.
    I'm color blind and I don't have an ounce of guilt. I agree, the press has a field day with it and so do special interest groups that depend on racial tension to collect funds. I also point the finger at individuals that claim racial discrimination when there is none.

Back to this, it's not their race, it's what they have done and the fact that they are a foreign national, breaking our laws. I don't care what language they speak, what color their skin is, where they came from... and they are criminal foreign nationals.

Also, Mexicans that have been discriminated against in Mexico, bring that attitude with them to America and they view white European descendents here, just like they do those in Mexico. The difference is that in America, the people in charge are as diverse as the citizens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I call anyone who is a citizen, an American. If they are here legally but not a citizen, a foreign national. For the ones who are here illegally, they are foreign squatters. It's apparent with all the visa overstays, that it doesn't take long for a foreign national to get demoted to a foreign squatter.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2
    I'd opine La Raza is comprised of Latinos (citizens) and Mexicans (not citizens) and I'd guess few other nationalities. It's clear to me they're all open borders activists and un-American. It chokes me to use the term racist on this bunch of cuckoos 'cuz Mexico is not a race. I cannot think of a word that accurately captures their essence. The more general question regarding the numerous other "ethnocentric" groups is terribly complex and I doubt I have the knowledge and time to come up with a single word for them either.
    From my wifes brief involvement in LULAC she quickly found out that groups like this are mostly made up of Mexicans. They only care about promoting Mexican causes. For instance, they raised money for scholarships but they were only good for Mexican children. My who is Italian descent but born in Argentina was pretty insulted when these same people who drew her in under the "Hispanic" label shunned her because she was not "Mexican." She quickly found out from email between LULAC leaders here in Houston that this was the most racist group of people she had ever seen. So she resigned.

My points were twofold. Latino means citizen and hispanic is not a race. When we refer to illegal aliens, they are just that -- illegal aliens -- or they are what their nation would call them, Mexicans, Guatemalans, etc. An Anglo born and reared in Guatemala is a Guatemalan. A Nigerian born and reared in Great Britain is a Briton. La Raza, et al., usage of the term hispanic is baloney and intended to confuse our weak-minded congressmen and other libs. I'm sure I speak for my Latino relatives and friends.
    I had to have a long talk with one of my students today. He claimed a teacher was "hating on him' because he was Mexican. I looked at him funny and ask him where he was born. Well, he was born right here in Houston, Texas. So I said that pretty much makes you American. He then told me his race was Mexican and I had to let him know that Mexican is what people are who live in Mexico. This is Houston, so you are an American. Then he tells me that his race is Hispanic. Hahaha....I said you need to go check your birth certificate because Hispanic is not a race either. How about Caucasian...Vato....hahaha......it was like I was talking to a wall, not a high school student. But then this is the type of brain washed mentality we are dealing with. This has gone on for several generations.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Not so.

Suriname, So. America: DUTCH

Guiana, So. America: ENGLISH

French Guiana, So. America: FRENCH

Belize, Central America: ENGLISH

Brazil, So. America: PORTUGUESE

Those are all countries in Latin America.
    I realize other languages are spoken there....I'm not stupid. But I just researched it myself and Spanish and Portugese are the dominate languages.
    They speak English and Spanish in Puerto Rico and I bet there's even other ones...they speak Spanish and some English and probably some other ones in Cuba. I'm refering to a pretty much common language for a country. Not that no other language is spoken there. My husbands best friends wife is from Brazil....she's blond with blue eyes speaks English and Spanish. But in this movement here with LaRaza she sure wouldn't be seen as a person from Latin America, considered hispanic or confused with a Mexican. She'd be thought of as a Blond haired European German and told to go back to Europe with me even though she's a new legal citizen, never been to Europe, never owned a slave and knows Spanish.

I never believed only brown people lived in these countries....but it wasn't me who did the brown pride thing....racist against brown people stuff....brown equals Spanish....brown equals Latino.....not MY view....but then they aren't a race either and claim to be one. American isn't a race and yet the ONLY opposers to this open borders are those WHITE European English speakers. To them America is white and English speakers.....any American knows if you get out of your conclave...we're all colors and we speak English as a common language. There's a "brown" guy that owns the tobacco shop.....he doesn't speak Spanish and isn't from Mexico but he could pass as one in a line-up. He's American from Pakistan. Against open borders and wants our laws enforced. Get the difference? I didn't make it a "race" issue....they did.....even though they aren't a race. It's not a "color" issue either because more than Mexicans are brown. They could deport a bus of "brown" Pakastanis and trust me.....LaRaza ain't gonna be out there marching "brown" pride....they won't be fighting for "bi-lingual" education for their language in the school either. There is one specific group causing this turmoil and using every trick in the book to confuse the issue and any other group to ride the coat-tails on to divert the issues.

......it was like I was talking to a wall, not a high school student. But then this is the type of brain washed mentality we are dealing with. This has gone on for several generations.
    They will beat up their own for not speaking Spanish or call them a traitor if they fly an American flag. They will jump the black civil rights movement, try and drag in any group to support their agenda...but it's not long till people see through it and see it for exactly what it is. They are the racists....not people melting in and adjusting and wanting this countries laws enforced. It's not even real "racism" either because they'll hate their own if they don't join in and aren't very welcoming to others who might even want to help them.

I think just about everyone agrees there needs to be reform....all colors and ages and economic backgrounds. But not many want open borders and a blanket amnesty for everyone. Trust me....LaRaza would clamp that border down in a heartbeat if we got boat loads from Africa who made it to Mexico and were crossing the border. The sob stories and "just wanting to work" wouldn't fly....they wouldn't learn another language to please the newest influx of immigrants who didn't speak Spanish or English and cry about the wonders of "bi-lingualism" when they were denied work for not speaking Hindi or whatever language the majority of the newest immigrants were. They wouldn't care if they were desperate or eating dirt because they don't really care about "illegal immigrants" They just care about their personal agenda and how it works for them.

I know some don't but he who has the biggest mouth gets the attention and they go it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Not so.

Suriname, So. America: DUTCH

Guiana, So. America: ENGLISH

French Guiana, So. America: FRENCH

Belize, Central America: ENGLISH

Brazil, So. America: PORTUGUESE

Those are all countries in Latin America.
    I realize other languages are spoken there....I'm not stupid. But I just researched it myself and Spanish and Portugese are the dominate languages.
    Whatever you say, pal.

South America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaPortuguese and Spanish are the most spoken languages in South America, each spoken by around 90% of the continent's population. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_America - 168k - Cached - Similar pages

Castillian Spanish is the predominant language in the majority of Latin American countries. Portuguese is spoken primarily in Brazil, the most populous country in the region. French is spoken in some countries of the Caribbean, Guadeloupe, Martinique, and French Guiana and Haiti. Dutch is the official language of some Caribbean islands and in Suriname on the continent; however, as Dutch is a Germanic language, these territories are not considered part of Latin America.

Other European languages spoken in Latin America include: English, by some groups in Argentina, Nicaragua, Panama, and Puerto Rico; German, in southern Brazil, southern Chile, Argentina, and German-speaking villages in northern Venezuela; Italian, in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and, to a lesser extent, Venezuela; and Welsh, in southern Argentina.

In several nations, especially in the Caribbean region, creole languages are spoken. The most widely-spoken creole language in the Caribbean and Latin America in general is Haitian Creole, the predominant language of Haiti; it is derived primarily from French and certain West African tongues with some Amerindian and Spanish influences as well. Creole languages of mainland Latin America, similarly, are derived from European languages and various African tongues. Native American languages are widely spoken in Peru, Guatemala, Bolivia, Paraguay, and to a lesser degree, in Mexico, Ecuador and Chile. In absolute numbers, Mexico contains the largest population of indigenous-language speakers of any country in the Americas, surpassing those of the Amerindian-majority countries of Guatemala, Bolivia and the Amerindian-plurality country of Peru. In Latin American countries not named above, the population of speakers of indigenous languages is tiny or non-existent.

In Peru, Quechua is an official language, alongside Spanish and any other indigenous language in the areas where they predominate. In Ecuador, while holding no official status, the closely-related Quichua is a recognized language of the indigenous people under the country's constitution; however, it is only spoken by a few groups in the country's highlands. In Bolivia, Aymara, Quechua and GuaranÃ* hold official status alongside Spanish. Guarani is, along with Spanish, an official language of Paraguay, and is spoken by a majority of the population (who are, for the most part, bilingual), and it is co-official with Spanish in the Argentine province of Corrientes. In Nicaragua, Spanish is the official language, but on the country's Caribbean coast English and indigenous languages such as Miskito, Sumo, and Rama also hold official status. Colombia recognizes all indigenous languages spoken within its territory as official, though fewer than 1% of its population are native speakers of these. Nahuatl is one of the 62 native languages spoken by indigenous people in Mexico, which are officially recognized by the government as "national languages", along with Spanish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America#Language

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I call anyone who is a citizen, an American. If they are here legally but not a citizen, a foreign national. For the ones who are here illegally, they are foreign squatters. It's apparent with all the visa overstays, that it doesn't take long for a foreign national to get demoted to a foreign squatter.
    Tiny, you are right on. I prefer the term Illegal Alien to foreign squatter. Illegal being the operative word here.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12